Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Legal Marijuana

The UK has a real problem with moderation, I see people drinking cans of lager and smoking weed all the time on my way to work at 9 in the morning.
    So yeah we have loads of people over here that do/would go crazy because of weed.

I know a guy who put his girlfriend in hospital because she couldn't lend him a tenner to get some smoke, he has to have it everyday, doesn't really care what he has to do to get it, criminal or otherwise, and he has no motivation to get a job.
    Yep, that's what I'm on about. More of that? No thanks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely View Post
    I'm not sure that I would like people 'drugging it up' everywhere. You've already pointed out the problems with alcohol and public use, imagine opening that up to a whole host of drugs, I wouldn't like it. Also alcohol is perfectly safe within limits, even beneficial, as in a little red wine with meals, I'm not sure if the same can be said for marijuana or crack cocaine.
    Sorry but this post is ridicoulous, did you just put weed in the same category as crack cocaine?

Weed has been proven to be usefull as a medicine, in fact it orginaly started as a medicine. Alchohol on the other hand has never been used for medical therapy.

Also you keep using that word "drug" - marijuanna is not a drug, I repeat this because 70 odd years of goverment propaganda have made people think it is a drug, marijuana is no more a drug than literature.

Here is a nice graph

The general ignorance on this thread is astounding. But let me point somethign out. Everyone who has tried marrijuana on this thread also show support for it's decriminalization. All the people who have never smoked are the ones who share those anecdotal stories and horrors and declaim this drug.

Anyone consider that the problem here is ignorance?

You guys sound like all the old Italian mothers who say "dont take my children out of europe, the world is dangerous they will get sick and you will get robed if not killed!"

When in truth the world outside of europe is perfectly normal just like europe. But then again the old Italian grandmothers have never beeen outside of europe, and they once heard that tale of that daughter who went to South America and was killed and raped. So everythign outside of europe is dangerous.

To be honest if we were in 1860 - all the people who preach the dangers of this drug marrijuana would be the same preaching the dangers of negros as a free people.

Because the common factor is, trusting your ignorance isntead and ingorant tradition isntead of trying to branch out ones views.

Banned
    Mind you that graph does not include drink/driving fatalities, just those who die due to side effects of alcholism.

Here are a few more anti-propaganda ones

(yes those are james franco and seth rogen, launching a public campaine against the ignorance of the masses)

Last edited by Alexander III; 02-03-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander III View Post
    Sorry but this post is ridicoulous, did you just put weed in the same category as crack cocaine?

Weed has been proven to be usefull as a medicine, in fact it orginaly started as a medicine. Alchohol on the other hand has never been used for medical therapy.

Also you keep using that word "drug" - marijuanna is not a drug, I repeat this because 70 odd years of goverment propaganda have made people think it is a drug, marijuana is no more a drug than literature.

The general ignorance on this thread is astounding. But let me point somethign out. Everyone who has tried marrijuana on this thread also show support for it's decriminalization. All the people who have never smoked are the ones who share those anecdotal stories and horrors and declaim this drug.

Anyone consider that the problem here is ignorance?

You guys sound like all the old Italian mothers who say "dont take my children out of europe, the world is dangerous they will get sick and you will get robed if not killed!"

When in truth the world outside of europe is perfectly normal just like europe. But then again the old Italian grandmothers have never beeen outside of europe, and they once heard that tale of that daughter who went to South America and was killed and raped. So everythign outside of europe is dangerous.

To be honest if we were in 1860 - all the people who preach the dangers of this drug marrijuana would be the same preaching the dangers of negros as a free people.

Because the common factor is, trusting your ignorance isntead and ingorant tradition isntead of trying to branch out ones views.
    I have already said that I have tried and even enjoyed smoking in the past, and that , even though I enjoy it,I consider alcohol to be a dangerous drug that would not be made legal now if the situation was reversed.
    Both are bad for you in excess!

All chemicals that alter your body or mind in some way are drugs.You talk about ignorance, but you are displaying a great deal of self delusion, if you think smoking anything does not have harmful effects.

You have completely bought the myth that smoking makes you a cool militant while drinking is for the Neanderthal masses.
    I would have thought you would want it to stay illegal, its more hip that way.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehound View Post

All chemicals that alter your body or mind in some way are drugs.You talk about ignorance, but you are displaying a great deal of self delusion, if you think smoking anything does not have harmful effects.

Yet every morning when I wake up, and take 3-4 shots of drugs, no one calls it drugs, they just call if cofee.

And yes it has some harmfull effects, but more or less the same harmfull effects as aspirin or caffeine.

Crack cocaine and aspirin are both drugs - the words drugs in this context which you use it in, makes it usless.

Banned

You have completely bought the myth that smoking makes you a cool militant while drinking is for the Neanderthal masses.
    I would have thought you would want it to stay illegal, its more hip that way.
    Seriously...well ain't that some peice of newt-gingrigian moon base rethroic.

I drink and smoke weed and also have tried with heavier substances. My experiances with drugs and those around me is what shapes my views.

Would I ever want to legalize cocaine or heroin? No, I have tried they are amazing but some things are best never tried.

Is weed better than alchohol? Yes, in a dark alley at night I would feel safe if arpuched by a group of stoners, if aporched by a group of drunks I would be scared ****less. If I ever have any kinds I would rather they smoke weed every weekend rather than alchohol. Weed makes you feel, love and sadness and beauty and spirituality - alchohol makes you for the most part think you are superman.

Does that mean I don't drink, no.

I have not heard a single argument defending the current state of war on weed, which was actualy valid, and not some anectdotal story.

It is not ridiculous and I did not put either in any category. If we are opening to the doors for cannabis with the taxation arguments or freedom arguments then we are opening the doors to every drug. And yes cannabis is a drug.

Ha, ha you talk about propaganda and then you put a table up with a huge cannabis leaf on it! I would say that that’s pretty good propaganda!

I am well aware of the deaths due to drink, driving and everything else, which is why I don’t want to open the flood gates. More than that, as I said earlier, I don’t want drug paraphernalia everywhere and people drugging up everywhere, it is bad enough as it is.

Oh and I don't like those posters glorifying drug use much either. No harm from cannabis? Not in many people's experience.

Banned
    I know a guy who put his girlfriend in hospital because she couldn't lend him a tenner to get some smoke, he has to have it everyday, doesn't really care what he has to do to get it, criminal or otherwise, and he has no motivation to get a job.
    Bull****! I have to call you out on this, if that is true it is not weed he is after. Absolute bull****. This is the problem with anecdotal evidence it is mostly old wives tales which if actualy tought trough are just bull****.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely View Post
    It is not ridiculous and I did not put either in any category. If we are opening to the doors for cannabis with the taxation arguments or freedom arguments then we are opening the doors to every drug. And yes cannabis is a drug.

Following that logic, every starbucks is the equivalent of a meth lab....

How can you argue for somethign that you know nothing about? As you said before you never tried the stuff, so you dont know it's effects.

If a man came to tell me that Afganistan was one of the most beautifull countries in the world, but I tought that is was ugly I would argue with him. But the second where he tells me he has been reptedly to the country and explored it and all I can say Is I once saw a documentary on it, I know to stop arguing, forat that point I no longer argue like a man of reason but as a fanatic.

Blog Entries
    That graph is fine in terms of mortality. In the meantime individuals without so much as considering the bigger picture choose to smoke pot for various (but like alcohol, mostly self indulgent) reasons. Where's the graph that shows the correlation between children of pot smoking parents and their performance/attendance at school? Instead of showing some pro-dope poster, let's see some documented sociological data for example. What a lot of tosh showing a self-serving death graph when a particularly pressing issue is the social impact substance use has upon us while we're living. But why bother? While everyone is unwinding, feeling less pain, having insightful, meaningful thoughts and getting the munchies, the world is just dandy.
    Before sunlight can shine through a window, the blinds must be raised - American Proverb

How can you argue for something that you know nothing about?
    I know it stinks vile and I know that I don’t want to see made legal for the reasons I have already given. As I also said before, I know someone whose life was pretty screwed up by it, in terms of paranoia, so I don’t buy the completely harmless argument either. In fact the so called anecdotal evidence seems pretty overwhelming to me.

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone else find that Marijuana enhances their creativity and use it for relaxation?

Blog Entries
    Sorry if the old wives tale of my sisters pain offended anyone.
    It is not BS , her ex is psychologically dependant on weed and completely paranoid and full of rage when he doesn't have it.

edit : Sorry your thread didn't turn out how you hoped Tony, I have known alot of really nice creative people who enjoyed a smoke to relax them and I went to some excellent pot parties as a kid , with my hippy Dad. People sitting round the fire strumming guitars and making up songs while passing a joint, are some of my treasured memories of him.

But I am not sure that would justify legalising it due to the idiots who can't control their intake of substances in general.
    And I get frustrated by the myth that its completely harmless, when clearly it isn't.
    Last edited by Bluehound; 02-03-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Sorry if the old wives tale of my sisters pain offended anyone.
    It is not BS , her ex is psychologically dependant on weed and completely paranoid and full of rage when he doesn't have it.
    That's something they forgot to put on the posters...

The claimed links between weed and psychosis were based on a report from keele university that was only recently made public, on the quiet.

It turns out the researchers themselves rejected any link between the two, but just as they routinely reject the advice of their scientific advisors when it contradicts the dominant ideology, they ignored the conclusions of the researchers.

Whilst cannabis use is higher amoung the mentally ill, so is tobacco use (70% - exponentially higher than the general population), and this is explained by current medical theory, namely it is likely the result of self-medication. Schizophrenics are also prone to alcohol abuse.

Literally the entire hypothesis rests on the observation that drug use is higher amoung the mentally ill. That's it, the sum of the evidence.

There is at the present time no proven medical link between cannabis and schizophrenia.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast