Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

View Poll Results: Coke or Pepsi?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Coke

5 50.00%
  • Pepsi

5 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coke or Pepsi?

Coke or Pepsi?

Personally I'd go with Pepsi, it's sweeter!

People say you couldn't tell the difference if you were blindfolded, I think you could!
    Barney: Hello, my name is Barney Gumble, and I'm an alcoholic.
    Lisa: Mr Gumble, this is a girl scouts meeting.
    Barney: Is it, or is it you girls can't admit that you have a problem?

"Sometimes I guess there just aren't enough rocks..." - Forrest Gump

Blog Entries
    I suspect you could taste the difference, but I don't drink either. If I had to choose such a beverage, I would look for something with a lemon or lime taste to it or maybe mix a couple flavors together. Plain water, though, is often best.

No politics!

Blog Entries
    On the topic of politics and the cola wars, there's an odd situation historically in Quebec where Pepsi became associated with French Canadians. To the point that Pepsi, in the Montreal Anglo community, became a slang term for a French Canadian, overtime it developed into variants like pepper.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/31/bu...ia/31adco.html
    Last edited by OrphanPip; 01-28-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    "If the national mental illness of the United States is megalomania, that of Canada is paranoid schizophrenia."
    - Margaret Atwood

Yes I saw through the OP's thin veil in regards to the lack of difference between the main political parties and sought to remind him of the rules here at Litnet. Shame on him!

Mrs Neely prefers Diet Coke. She wouldn't touch normal Coke or Pepsi? I dislike them all but really can't stand Diet Coke and know how anybody could drink it, as it is tastes like it is so crammed full of artificial sweeteners it's unbearable. It's on a par with Carling. I'd rather be thirsty...

Coke all the way, I rarely drink anything else...other than coffee.
    the luminous grass of the prairie hides
    feet lovely and still as sleeping doves,
    porcelain bones strong enough to carry a life,
    but weighty and unmovable
    As black Dakota hills.
    ~ Riesa

Blog Entries
    Coke of course. The only time I drink pop is in the occasional cocktail, and its rum and coke, whisky and coke, not rum and pepsi, whisky and pepsi.

They both taste like battery acid to me anyway. The only pop I like by itself is maybe root-beer or ginger ale. But the popularity of coca cola fascinates me as I see this essentially terrible beverage achieving such widespread commercial and cultural success. A credit to the awesome power of advertising.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanPip View Post
    On the topic of politics and the cola wars, there's an odd situation historically in Quebec where Pepsi became associated with French Canadians. To the point that Pepsi, in the Montreal Anglo community, became a slang term for a French Canadian, overtime it developed into variants like pepper.
    My mom's engaged to a french guy and he only buys pepsi out of ethnic pride.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    Pepsi has 70% of the Caribbean market, as it is sweeter. Its quite different.

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I suppose of the two I'd go for coke, but I drink neither often - I find them far too sacharine, and they're ridiculously unhealthy.

Actually, that goes for most pops drinks. About the only one I'll drink regularly is Dandelion & Burdock, but that can be quite hard to come by.
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    I actually love pop. Some people get their caffeine fix in the morning with coffee, I get mine with pop. I really like Dr. Pepper more than coke or pepsi, though.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Blog Entries
    coke for me, I hardly ever buy it though, I used to drink about 4 l a day when I was younger but now it's only special occasions or if my mom buys it. Pepsi is just really really bad.

I loved it in the movie 'The Invention of Lying' there was a Pepsi add and it simply said 'Pepsi, when you can't get Coke'
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Blog Entries
    Neither. Both are overrated. Fizzy drinks in general are overrated.

Blog Entries
    neither – I gave up on bottled beverages completely. Pure tap water can do just fine.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
    To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits
    in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.”

Helen Keller

Blog Entries
    Damn, a lot of pop-haters here. But it's so fizzy and sharp and delightful!
    -Pi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast