Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: This website

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Politeness has little to do with it. You've been plenty polite, Wolf. That doesn't mean you haven't displayed arrogance, shortsightedness, and a complete refusal to accept criticism or even, like AuntShecky said, answer simple questions. Surely a question like "what kind of things have you been reading lately?" is not out-of-bounds for a literature forum.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfLarsen View Post
    I don't know. I think I myself have been pretty polite considering what I've had to put up with from some of the posters here. Also, considering how what I say is often misrepresented by certain posters I think I've been quite polite indeed. I think my behavior has been very restrained here.

It's interesting to note that when a cyber bully gets to look in the mirror it's not very pretty. I think it's time for some people to develop something called manners and common decency. So you don't like somebody's writing. So what? Don't read their stuff! Don't click on their threads. It's that simple. People have the right to write whatever they want to.

There are others on this website whose behavior was even more exemplary than mine. They handled the cyber bullying that was coming from certain people with even greater politeness than I have. They are the true saints. They also left and went to other posting boards. It's sad. Cyber bullies pushing people off this website with their angry behavior. It's like they need a punching bag or something.

Oh well, that's life.
    So self-righteous. Oh its nauseating.

You have THREE current threads devoted to your ridiculous nonsensical aesthetically-devoid "poetry" and your inane revoltingly grandiose rants. You refuse to take criticism well, instead turning it around on the reader and going ad hominem, calling them conservative, puritanical, close-minded and bullies. Hillwalker finally got annoyed in another thread after you failed to adhere to any sane standard of social conduct. And then you call him a bully, again and again and again.

I suppose if he stays away you'll be able to post your random scribbles free from any interference, any challenge or critique, like a bubble at ease in the open air, no fear of getting pricked.

That said, I don't dislike you as a person. And I've even somewhat enjoyed some of your work. But in the last while you have gone out of your way to be deliberately provocative and its a sad thing of immense magnitude that a helpful and careful critic in Hillwalker may no longer be among us. And I don't blame him.
    Last edited by Darcy88; 01-25-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries
    Hill
    Too much hot air out there at the moment. Lit Net, every couple of years seems to indulge in a frenzy of blood letting. Continue to do what you do best.
    Regards
    M.

Blog Entries
    ^-^

Seconded, put to a vote and carried unanimously.

Blog Entries
    I am high grateful to hill walker and others of critisms and dare I said feedback. Yes I take break from this site for while due other site which is will help me in different way. This great website and the majority of members are wonderful minus 1-2.
    English my native language and have characterizes of dyslexia.

Copyright (C) 2011, Zoolane

I have pass by English Exam.

Vietnam, Singapore, Japan, The Middle East, UK, The Philippines & Papua New Guinea.
    Blog Entries
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Blog Entries
    Ego solum
    Last edited by Hawkman; 01-25-2012 at 08:24 AM.

Blog Entries

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by MANICHAEAN View Post
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Not sure maybe Aunty

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkman View Post
    Ego solum
    English my native language and have characterizes of dyslexia.

Copyright (C) 2011, Zoolane

I have pass by English Exam.

There is something I would like to add. I'm quoting from a longer article, but it was about how to be a better writer.

''...Some people will tell you that your writing is always good. These people are lying. And some people will tell you that your writing is always bad. These people are also lying. …But a few rare people will point out the stuff that they like, call you out on some of the dumb **** that you’re writing, and gently but forcefully suggest ways to make your dumb **** better. Treasure these people. Learn to recognize them. These people are your only hope.''

In my humble opinion, from what I have seen on here, Hillwalker is one of those people. No bully.

I can't blame people for being sensitive to criticism. I've been there. We've all been there.

But, when somebody actually takes the time to look at your piece and say something about it, especially when it's not all good, and not all bad, that's something we should all appreciate.

'Cause lots of times I've seen HW being the only one to comment on people's work. That's a lot of time that he's taken to try to help.

So thank you!

And thanks so very, very much, to all the others who really try to help us grow as writers. Thanks for putting in the time and effort to drudge through our crazy prose, poetry and stories and nail down foibles and point out where we shine.

You guys rock!
    Last edited by BookBeauty; 01-25-2012 at 11:41 AM.
    There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written or badly written. ~Oscar Wilde.

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfLarsen View Post
    I don't know. I think I myself have been pretty polite considering what I've had to put up with from some of the posters here. Also, considering how what I say is often misrepresented by certain posters I think I've been quite polite indeed. I think my behavior has been very restrained here.

It's interesting to note that when a cyber bully gets to look in the mirror it's not very pretty. I think it's time for some people to develop something called manners and common decency. So you don't like somebody's writing. So what? Don't read their stuff! Don't click on their threads. It's that simple. People have the right to write whatever they want to.

There are others on this website whose behavior was even more exemplary than mine. They handled the cyber bullying that was coming from certain people with even greater politeness than I have. They are the true saints. They also left and went to other posting boards. It's sad. Cyber bullies pushing people off this website with their angry behavior. It's like they need a punching bag or something.

Oh well, that's life.
    I think you are being a bit disingenuous to call yourself polite. I also think that you were very passively agressivle name calling Hillwalker when you referred to cyber-bullying. For the record, Hillwalker is the farthest thing from a cyber-bully. He is blunt and he is honest.

You, on the other hand, Wolf Larsen, persist in posting work that is sub-par, which is certainly your right. But please quit expecting us to pretend that it is other than what it is.

As to the OP, I really like the quote fromthe previous poster. I myself am somewhat prone to saying "That's great!", but if I do feel strongly otherwise I will say. Also be aware that, unfortunately, it is easy for people from other site to steal your stuff, copyright or no.
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

Wolf stop trivializing cyber bullying. Cyber bullying is a serious issue where people destroy the self-esteem of already flimsy adolescent girls (and boys) and make them feel ugly and worthless and it sometimes leads to depression and even suicides of people too young to even vote.

Stop calling someone criticizing your uninspired and self-indulgent "art" cyber bullying.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewlay Brother View Post
    Wolf stop trivializing cyber bullying. Cyber bullying is a serious issue where people destroy the self-esteem of already flimsy adolescent girls (and boys) and make them feel ugly and worthless and it sometimes leads to depression and even suicides of people too young to even vote.

Stop calling someone criticizing your uninspired and self-indulgent "art" cyber bullying.
    I didn't think about it fom this angle, but BB is right--it's kind of low to take an actual, serious issue and apply it to such frivolous concerns as those on LitNet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutatis-Mutandi View Post
    I didn't think about it fom this angle, but BB is right--it's kind of low to take an actual, serious issue and apply it to such frivolous concerns as those on LitNet.
    Be right back. I need to go through all your posts and make sure you've never called anyone a "Grammar Nazi".

: )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bewlay Brother View Post
    Be right back. I need to go through all your posts and make sure you've never called anyone a "Grammar Nazi".

: )
    I'm just going to leave this here: http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6060107/grammar-nazis

(for anyone who doesn't get the reference, go see Inglorious Bastards)
    I wrote a poem on a leaf and it blew away...

Blog Entries
    If you want to know what cyber bullying really is, try posting a story on the "Teak Door Forum" which caters to a lost tribe of expatriates in Thailand. They resemble a pack of wild wolves to anyone coming near to their lamp post territory makers.

Luckily, I found it somewhat amusing and refreshing to submit what I thought was a good piece and have reactions along the line of:

"Crap!"

"Don't give up the day job."

At least it was not; "There is room for improvement" & "If I might suggest."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast