Thread: SLOW...BORING.... NO SENSE

Nick

SLOW...BORING.... NO SENSE

Hey guys this is Nick T from tampa... i just read this book and THAT is what makes me dislike reading. It made no sense at all until my teacher drew the picture for us and some guy mentioned he loved it and hes like 51.... i think its all the older people who this really makes sense to. I give this a book a rating of....2... only because Dickons obviously worked hard at making it so confusing that no one gets it.

Exclamation Are you serious??

OK, first of all, you DO NOT have to be "old" to like TTC; I am 14, and I personally love it. We read it in English Lit , and I simply adored it. And, before you go blaming others for your dislike for reading, why don't you try reading a book at your level? Maybe something like Dr. Seuss? Because, before you go criticizing somebody for their work, why don't you write something better? I have the reason: you can't. Oh, and, by the way, if you are going to try and flame somebody, at least try to spell their name correctly...It's Dickens, not Dickons.
    Just so you know, Dickens did not try to make it confusing, he was paid by the word, so his diction and syntax match those circumstances. Besides, this is Victorian satire, not some lame rap written yesterday. You know the difference between Dickens and the writers you read (if you read anything)? I'll tell you, Dickens was able to write a piece of art that has persisted through time, and will be read by the next generation, and the next, and the next. Why don't you go to the library and do some good reading? I assure you, "It [shall be] a far, far better thing that [you] do, than [you] have ever done; it [shall be] a far, far better [place] that [you] go to than [you] have ever known.

Always yours,

Angry XereJ
    Last edited by XereJ; 03-06-2007 at 05:59 PM. Reason: It was too disrespectful.

This is a fantastic book. How Sydney at last found his love before his end was just marvelous writing by Dickens.

Dickens manages to encapsulate 'The Terror' of revolutionary France brilliantly.

Excellent.