When I first read A Tale Of Two Cities I was too young to remember what happened so now that I am a senior I had to read it once more and I thought that it was dull at the beginning. The information that Dickens gives, you may think is unimportant and after reading that chapter you will only recall the broad understanding of the setting and the characters. One example of this is the charaterization of Jerry Cruncher, the Resurrection man. When he is first introduced you would never have known that he was a grave robber, the book describes him as dry eyed and mal tempered, oh yeah and the muddy boots but you never think about why you need to know this. There is no doubt about it Dickens wrote a masterpeice. He keeps you luered until the very end. The book, I like to say, has a NIT!, a intertwinning plot. The charaters are all connected to one another, even Mrs. Cruncher. She is a religious lady in the beginning and Jerry Sculds her for it. Then that is the last that we hear from her, why? Because she was the last hope for salvation that anyone had. Once the Revolution started it took the life of one brave soul (Carton) to save another, which should not have been saved; he is not worth it, soul (Darney). I don't think anyone ever realized that signifacent theme of religion mixed in with the French Revolution.