Thread: Perspective changes outlook

Post Perspective changes outlook

How much do you think someone's perspective on a certain situation changes their outlook? I was thinking about how Claudius, of Shakespeare's Hamlet, changed his perspective by justifying his actions to murder his brother and how Prince Hamlet then justified his actions to go after his new stepfather although many thought he had gone mad. Another text I was thinking of is "The Things They Carried". The narrator many times thought about running away into the wild yet was too embarrassed to do such a thing so "he was a coward," as he referred to himself, and went to the war.

Are there any other texts you could think of that work well in this topic? I am writing a senior synthesis and trying to tie texts together under this thesis? Ideas to make it stronger?

Quote Originally Posted by emilyagosti View Post
    How much do you think someone's perspective on a certain situation changes their outlook? I was thinking about how Claudius, of Shakespeare's Hamlet, changed his perspective by justifying his actions to murder his brother and how Prince Hamlet then justified his actions to go after his new stepfather although many thought he had gone mad. Another text I was thinking of is "The Things They Carried". The narrator many times thought about running away into the wild yet was too embarrassed to do such a thing so "he was a coward," as he referred to himself, and went to the war.

Are there any other texts you could think of that work well in this topic? I am writing a senior synthesis and trying to tie texts together under this thesis? Ideas to make it stronger?
    I agree that perspectives change outcomes. Circumstances change perspectives regardless of convictions. It's a good thesis, perhaps. We need to grasp this kind of dynamics which is exactly what's going on today to the Nth power.