Thread: consider this

GeneralD

No Subject

I completely agree with your views on this book. Keele, I am an American and I do not know any British people. Could you be so kind as to express some of your views on my country? What do you think of my country's beginnings and our revolt against England? Please tell me your thoughts.<br><br>

bob

No Subject

I agree to

Keele, UK

consider this

Studying English for my degree, I have always enjoyed and taken much pleasure in the themes, imagery and characters of Dickens books. True, 'A tale of two cities' is different to the popular favourites, but that is exactly what he aimed for in writing a historical and capturing book.<br>In terms of charcters being 'two dimensional' I think that there has to be a balance and it would be utterly unrealistic and even boring to have just overpowering characters.<br>Whats wrong with a sacrifice theme? For Carton now has meaning and purpose for his life. I think that people who didn't like it (fair-play) should consider the themes and the style of the narrative rather than joke about the 'good' characters, who are considerate and unselfish.