She stood before the table as she stared down at the body laying there lifeless. In her hand was a ripped piece of paper where he scribbled his final words to the world. A tear trickled down her cheek, landing on the table. She brought of her shaky hands up and tore her eyes from his body to the note. She uncrumpled it slowly and took a deep breath. She hadn't read the note yet....it's been only four hours since her other half had gone. She looked down to the words that read:

Dear Savannah, if your reading this it means I'm gone now. I'm in heaven. I don't want you to cry for me because I'm happy now. There's no more pain. I can run around, I can dance, I can sing and I'm me again. I want to thank you for being with me these last two years. Even when I wanted you to leave me so you didn't have to see, you stayed. I am forever grateful. Two years ago when I met you I knew I had a time limit but I couldn't bring myself to tell you for so long. Two years ago I was going to give up. I was in pain and I wanted it to be over but you came along. Your the reason I kept going. But my time has come and I'm going to accept it. I don't want you to cry when you think about me but instead smile at all the good times we shared. I'll always be with you in your heart. I want you to move on though. I want you to find somebody to love more than you loved me. Mend your heart back together and find somebody new. Lastly, I love you. And I always have. Ever since you knocked me down in the cancer ward. I'll see you soon, Savannah.

Daniel Knight.

Her tear drips fell onto the paper as she read it over and over. She looked back to her love again. Could she really move on from him? She shook her head and wiped her tears away. She wouldn't cry anymore because he wouldn't want her too. She would remember all their good times together and be eternally grateful that he was hers. She took a long shaky breath. He had

been only fifteen when he was diagnosed with caner. That's when she met him. And now, two years later at only seventeen he was gone forever. She turned her head to the door and closed her eyes. She needed to go now so she opened her eyes and made her way out of the hospital room that she visited so often before. She looked back one time before walking down the hall and out of the building.

She set the note on the passenger seat and put the car in drive. She drove away from the hospital for good. On the way home she remember her promise. She would always be with him no matter what happened and no matter what it took she would always be holding his hand. So she pressed the gas harder, making the car lurch forward, and she let go of the steering wheel. The last thing she saw was the head lights of a car coming straight for her.