Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: The Proles

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    The Proles

    Why are all of the proles so uneducated? I know this is soposed to signify the uneducated part of society and the working class poor, but it seems to me to be a little far-fecthed that none of them are are even a little educated enough to realize what is really happening, will someone please explain?

  2. #2
    the first avenger
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    well first off, the whole point Orwell is making in this part of the book is that that B-B is trying to control the citizens. now the reason that the proles are so uneducated is because they make up 80 + percent of the population, and if you brainwash 80% of a population into thinking that everything you say is right, then they wont revolt, but even if the other 20% do revolt you would have a much larger defense. so you see its all about control
    after the darkest day,come the greatest night

Similar Threads

  1. Proles revolt
    By luckystreak in forum 1984
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 03:33 PM
  2. Happy proles
    By fly like a bird in forum 1984
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 03:54 AM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 12:59 PM
  4. The proles
    By Teacher in forum 1984
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 11-19-2008, 11:02 AM
  5. Proles
    By Comrade Amiee in forum 1984
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 12:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts