Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: The history of Lust

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    944

    The history of Lust

    Love's identity is lust
    The rest is history
    We are sawing much of it
    There are dusts of the wood ready to be blown
    The sanctity of love is mired
    Sounds strange, doesn’t it?
    But it is there at top gear
    You like to love, kiss and go lustily
    Consume on something heartily lusty and fleshly
    You get locked in like a bee in a lotus on a sunlit morning

    You are too obsessed with the bubbles dripping from her pinky lips
    You say Ah! I am in cloud nine
    "My mistress hides me in the burrow of your breasts
    I am yours and only yours"

    Once up you are back to your everyday humdrum
    You have already exhausted the sap of love
    Or the taste of the sap is gone
    You want another cup and another sap
    That is how life and love goes arm in arm

    Your ideals apart
    Two lumps of clay got molded into a jar of love
    The temporal old hand knows the uselessness of the broken one

    Love and lust are entwined
    The ancients immortalized the hymns of love and sacrifice
    The moderns are paying the costs borne by them
    Through their platonic history of love

  2. #2
    Registered User virginiawang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    367
    If love and lust do entwine, it is due to the reason of love in the very beginning. I do not think my enemies ever loved or scrificed at all for over nine years, not to mention to love. It is not love, because neither of them ever loved me or sacrificed anything for me. They enjoyed their spare time to have fun with me, and to fool me. To be honest, they scrificed me for times without number, because the one whom I considered as my boyfriend before must obey his leader, who hated me over the years. He must sacrifice me to make his leader glad. What is it? love? It is not love. Even the word, " hatred" fits better into their situations. To fight against each other is an excuse to let the ugly game continue. Platonic? It is more ridiculous. To vent a sensation of hatred by letting his student hurt me, is one of the most discouraging events I've ever known. He obeyed without feeling sad or angry over the years, and had a woman to spend time with, to engage in love with. What do my readers think? It is the most ugly story I've ever known in my life. It passed.
    Do not devaluate my love with a man who drinks, because it is more beautiful than the ideas given by Plato. If it is not so beautiful, lust wouldn't have entered. Love can appear in just one moment without a reason, and when it does connect me and him, we both become beautiful. If it had not been the magic of love, lust can be found everywhere.
    I trust the beauty of my love. It is real and it will last for an eternity, no matter what that line means, no matter what happened ten years ago, because it is love.
    Last edited by virginiawang; 10-27-2011 at 02:41 PM.

  3. #3
    Registered User zoolane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,445
    Blog Entries
    48
    Hi Osho,
    I think your poem is fragile and display over affection of lust itself.
    The language used is great because the refer to "There are dusts of the wood ready to be blown" is going back the title "history" I think. In regard of the other stanza are equal grace with flow of words which show that this just affair with "sap" of lust and love when can achieve.
    Zoo

    P.S Not great critic but I try to be honest.
    Last edited by zoolane; 10-27-2011 at 04:44 AM.
    English my native language and have characterizes of dyslexia.

    Copyright (C) 2011, Zoolane

    I have pass by English Exam.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,053
    You reveal how love and lust can be intertwined quite subtly - how the physicality of attraction overwhelms the senses and makes one believe it has to be love. Then the reality when the blood has cooled and passion is spent.

    Some of the imagery works well - but in places you press the point home too forcefully. I don't think these 3 lines are necessary - they seem to rehash what you have already said in rather a cumbersome fashion.

    But it is there at top gear
    You like to love, kiss and go lustily
    Consume on something heartily lusty and fleshly


    And the phrase 'pinky lips' - one assumes you mean 'pink' but again there's probably no need to include any adjective here.

    H

  5. #5
    Registered User virginiawang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by hillwalker View Post
    Then the reality when the blood has cooled and passion is spent.
    H
    The last poster didn't grasp the essence of the poem at all. He was addressing another man, when the word history was used.

  6. #6
    Registered User zoolane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,445
    Blog Entries
    48
    Hi Osho,

    History mean lots of thing such love letters can being used in couple history and history as it family history.

    Quotes.

    "We are sawing much of it"
    We is couple or group people.


    "You are too obsessed with the bubbles dripping from her pinky lips"
    Suggest person is talk to the person who having the affair.

    Again it move from friends to the couple talking I think.
    Last edited by zoolane; 10-26-2011 at 08:41 AM.
    English my native language and have characterizes of dyslexia.

    Copyright (C) 2011, Zoolane

    I have pass by English Exam.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3
    Daedalus

    I feel like a monster
    Wandering its way in the endless cave
    In ask for relief
    And wonder

    Shattered, exhausted
    I wish for the days of freedom
    When people will accept me
    As I am

    And so I picture myself
    standing on a steep hill
    looking up to the open skies
    Where many cloud ships are floating along,
    Away from a world of scorn and despise.

    Then I venture to set my eyes upon you
    And I can see, petrified with awe
    That you and me can both come through
    That world so vain and raw.

    Turn the key, open the bolt
    And then my ribcage, like a cracking shell
    Will open up to exhale
    The fragrance of love

    And my heart in blossom
    throbs fast for You like me
    And understand
    that my soul you shall cherish
    Lest it could wither and writhe
    In agony.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,053
    Quote Originally Posted by virginiawang View Post
    The last poster didn't grasp the essence of the poem at all. He was addressing another man, when the word history was used.
    I assume we are all at liberty to interpret a poem as we see fit but thank you for your contribution.

    I also believe Osho is addressing a man here (but more probably manhood in general rather than some unidentified third party) so I don't believe my response shows a failure to grasp the essence of the poem. What I do fail to understand is the point you are trying to make regarding the word 'history'.

    H
    Last edited by hillwalker; 10-26-2011 at 09:29 AM.

  9. #9
    Registered User virginiawang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by hillwalker View Post
    What I do fail to understand is the point you are trying to make regarding the word 'history'.
    H
    When sth was written in a history book, it passed. The writer talks to another man all through the poem, and to a woman only by the second line, of the stanza above the last stanza.
    Last edited by virginiawang; 10-26-2011 at 10:27 AM.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,053
    Quote Originally Posted by virginiawang View Post
    The writer talks to another man all through the poem, and to a woman only by the second line, of the stanza above the last stanza.
    I'm still no closer to understanding how you have come to these conclusions unless Osho himself has told you who he was addressing in each verse. But that's not really of any consequence as regards the interpretion of the poem's theme.

    I'm guessing you are trying to say the word 'history' means something has happened in the past - but so what? Why imply that I have failed to grasp the poem on that basis? Is it because I have said it describes something that is still relevant in the present day? Surely lust and love are still part of contemporary life.

    H

  11. #11
    Registered User zoolane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,445
    Blog Entries
    48
    "My mistress hides me in the burrow of your breasts
    I am yours and only yours"

    Confession to a wife of having or did have mistress maybe?
    English my native language and have characterizes of dyslexia.

    Copyright (C) 2011, Zoolane

    I have pass by English Exam.

  12. #12
    Registered User tailor STATELY's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gold Country
    Posts
    12,855
    Very enjoyable. The best, to my mind, of your poetry I've read.

    I do have a question about your penultimate stanza. Should it be "You're ideals apart" instead ?

    Best wishes.

    Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor STATELY
    Last edited by tailor STATELY; 10-26-2011 at 06:56 PM. Reason: no space before .
    tailor

    who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

    7-8-2015

  13. #13
    Registered User virginiawang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    367
    It is not very important if I am perfect or not, because I love the wine drinker beyond myself. However I do feel sad at times if I cannot feel the way a regualr girl feels when she becomes a woman, so I always wants to think the moment was not gone. I do not know the reality now. However I do know I will give everything I have to the wine drinker, now and forever.

  14. #14
    Registered User zoolane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    1,445
    Blog Entries
    48
    Virginia ? you lust after wine?

    I am sorry just do not get what it got to with the poem?
    Last edited by zoolane; 10-27-2011 at 03:27 PM.
    English my native language and have characterizes of dyslexia.

    Copyright (C) 2011, Zoolane

    I have pass by English Exam.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,053
    Quote Originally Posted by virginiawang View Post
    It is not very important if I am perfect or not, because I love the wine drinker beyond myself. However I do feel sad at times if I cannot feel the way a regualr girl feels when she becomes a woman, so I always wants to think the moment was not gone. I do not know the reality now. However I do know I will give everything I have to the wine drinker, now and forever.
    This intrigues me on so many levels. Perhaps you could explore these feelings further and come up with a story to share with us (it does not have to be purely about yourself so your privacy remains intact). You have a genuinely touching voice when you reveal your inner person. Though I share zoo's curiosity - how did this poem cause you to reflect on the 'wine drinker'?

    H

Similar Threads

  1. The History of Milosh Drown
    By Drown in forum Short Story Sharing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-29-2011, 08:38 AM
  2. Guidance
    By writers-blog in forum Short Story Sharing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-02-2009, 07:03 PM
  3. Is History important?
    By Nightshade in forum Serious Discussions
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-18-2009, 12:07 PM
  4. Universal History and the Possibility of a Utopia.
    By vajra in forum Philosophical Literature
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-14-2008, 10:11 PM
  5. What is the signifigance of HISTORY?
    By dramasnot6 in forum Philosophical Literature
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-04-2007, 07:30 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •