Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 9/11 - Where Were You?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonny View Post
    I think Wicca is a New Age feminist fad.
    You were the first person to mention watered-down wicca. I was talking about witchcraft, which has many branches within every culture ever known and predates wicca by a few thousand years. It has a lot more punch. If you called Aleister Crowly a feminist, he'd probably die all over again (after trying to have sex with you, of course - it was kind of his thing). There's a lot about the history of ritualistic magic and how it was adapted for a Christian society that most people are completely unaware of, which is a shame because it's unbelievably cool. Especially African slave magic, hoodoo and the like - that's my favorite after the Golden Dawn kabbalistic stuff.
    Last edited by JuniperWoolf; 09-14-2011 at 12:35 AM.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Banned
    I know all about witchcraft after a lifetime with my mom. She's also not a feminist. But after being on the receiving end of it, I don't care to engage in witchcraft myself.
    Last edited by Vonny; 09-14-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanPip View Post
    Personally, I don't want to be associated with it anyway. Plus, Canada as a place name and national identity predates the formation of the United States, since it was the name of the French colony that is now Quebec.
    Yeah, most Canadians would be angry if they were to visit Europe or something and the people called us "American." We don't want the association, so I don't know what JBI's on about.

I know all about witchcraft after a lifetime with my mom. She's also not a feminist.
    Is she the one who convinced you that there are people out there who worship satan, sacrifice babies and are trying to steal your cat?
    Last edited by JuniperWoolf; 09-14-2011 at 12:45 AM.
    "Personal note: When I was a little kid my mother told me not to stare into the sun. So once when I was six, I did. At first the brightness was overwhelming, but I had seen that before. I kept looking, forcing myself not to blink, and then the brightness began to dissolve. My pupils shrunk to pinholes and everything came into focus and for a moment I understood. The doctors didn't know if my eyes would ever heal."
    -Pi

Blog Entries

One of us! One of us! Gooble gobble! One of us!

Quote Originally Posted by stlukesguild View Post
    There is nothing that needs fixing.
    Don't be so quick to dismiss people's feelings, Luke. JBI brings up a valid point. All this time, we've callously made the mistake of calling him a Canadian when he shares the same terra firma, breathes the same air as ourselves. Well, no more. Going forward, from this day forth, JBI is as American as you or me, and I'm not going to call him anything else. Calling him a Canadian now would just be an insult.

As an honorary American you are now officially $47,000 in debt, bad at math, and the target of terrorists who hate you. Don't be afraid. That feeling that's overwelming you right now is just freedom. You'll get used to that.
    "So-Crates: The only true wisdom consists in knowing that you know nothing." "That's us, dude!"- Bill and Ted
    "This ain't over."- Charles Bronson
    Feed the Hungry!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mortalterror View Post
    Don't be so quick to dismiss people's feelings, Luke. JBI brings up a valid point. All this time, we've callously made the mistake of calling him a Canadian when he shares the same terra firma, breathes the same air as ourselves. Well, no more. Going forward, from this day forth, JBI is as American as you or me, and I'm not going to call him anything else. Calling him a Canadian now would just be an insult.
    Perfect.
    Last edited by JuniperWoolf; 09-14-2011 at 01:04 AM.
    -Pi

Blog Entries
    Hereabouts, we say "US-Americans", "Canadians", "Brazilians", "Mexicans" and so on.

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
    To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits
    in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.”

Helen Keller

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniperWoolf View Post
    Is she the one who convinced you that there are people out there who worship satan, sacrifice babies and are trying to steal your cat?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15459377...cat-adoptions/

Here is an article about the cats in my state.

Black cat and white bunny adoptions are halted before Halloween. I'm sure there are Satanists who sacrifice animals. Of the people I know, no one disputes it.

Why don't we drop this now.
    Last edited by Vonny; 09-14-2011 at 02:59 AM.

I was twenty years, far from home, in the South of France, at the harvest of the grapes. At the end of the labor, the proprietor came to us and said the US had been attacked, that a part of New York had been destroyed, and that there could be millions of victims. “Attacked by who? – We are not sure. Probably the Arabs.” It was unbelievable. I was shocked, horrified. We said it was the beginning of WW3. Then I called my parents, who explained to me the situation, the crash of the planes, the apocalyptic atmosphere in New York. After the dinner, I asked the proprietor to buy the newspapers (he had the TV but we were not allowed to watch it), and, the following days, I could follow the events. Then the life went on… At least the other guys and girls did not talk much about it. Ten days later, back to home, I could eventually see the images at the television.

Sunday, I heard Kevin Cosgrove’s last call. It made me cry. During the night I dreamed of accidents and big holes. Monday, I woke up with his final scream in my ears.

Banned
    I just went to youtube and listened to Kevin Cosgrove.........

Blog Entries
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15459377...cat-adoptions/

Here is an article about the cats in my state.

Black cat and white bunny adoptions are halted before Halloween.
    This article is pointing out the foolishness of the shelter's reaction to an urban legend for which there is no proof and which hurts animals by inhibiting their adoption. That you put so much thought into it and ran away with the idea to suppose that satanists sacrifice children is quite a stretch to say the least, but you did say that this article was your only proof of such practices earlier in this thread and that the idea is something that disturbs you often. Really, talk about unnecessary stress.

I'm sure there are Satanists who sacrifice animals. Of the people I know, no one disputes it.
    The strange thing is that you discuss it at all, but whatever. For the record, I wouldn't put too much thought into the shadowy practices of unknown people without any proof whatsoever, you know what they say about assumption.

Why don't we drop this now.
    Consider it dropped.
    Last edited by JuniperWoolf; 09-14-2011 at 07:59 AM.
    -Pi

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JuniperWoolf View Post
    This article is pointing out the foolishness of the shelter's reaction to an urban legend for which there is no proof and which hurts animals by inhibiting their adoption. That you put so much thought into it and ran away with the idea to suppose that satanists sacrifice children is quite a stretch to say the least, but you did say that this article was your only proof of such practices earlier in this thread and that the idea is something that disturbs you often. Really, talk about unnecessary stress.

The strange thing is that you discuss it at all, but whatever. For the record, I wouldn't put too much thought into the shadowy practices of unknown people without any proof whatsoever, you know what they say about assumption.

Consider it dropped.

That's not what the article said. Some animal activists think that halting adoptions further adds to the stigma of black cats who already have more trouble finding homes than other cats do, and that if proper screenings of potential adopters are done, the cats can still be safely adopted.
    Last edited by Vonny; 09-14-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    The article does say that it is urban legend though. The primary risk to them isn't really "satanic rituals" but punk teenagers using them for pranks. Working in the veterinary field and in animal shelters, I've seen loads of animals abused and mistreated, but none of them by a Satanist. Actually, the cruellest abuses I've seen have been perpetrated by children, from stomping on kittens' heads, deliberately, to breaking a rabbit's back by throwing it against a wall (they also spray painted the animal).
    "If the national mental illness of the United States is megalomania, that of Canada is paranoid schizophrenia."
    - Margaret Atwood

Quote Originally Posted by Mutatis-Mutandi View Post
    It's not solely the fault of Americans that we are called Americans. We aren't, after all, the only nation to refer to us as Americans. Last time I checked, the whole world did.
    Not really, some languages invent new names for us. In Chinese, for instance, (the United States of) America is called "beautiful country."

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    ~

R e m i n d e r

Please do not personalise your comments.

If you are not ready to accept the fact that your opinions might be questioned by the others,

please refrain from posting in public forums.

Posts containing such remarks and off-topic posts will be removed without further notice.

~
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanPip View Post
    The article does say that it is urban legend though. The primary risk to them isn't really "satanic rituals" but punk teenagers using them for pranks. Working in the veterinary field and in animal shelters, I've seen loads of animals abused and mistreated, but none of them by a Satanist. Actually, the cruellest abuses I've seen have been perpetrated by children, from stomping on kittens' heads, deliberately, to breaking a rabbit's back by throwing it against a wall (they also spray painted the animal).
    Since the subject continues, yeah, I'm sure this is true about children. I'm sure this is by far the greatest threat. I was so completely opposite as a child that it's hard to imagine, but I've known those kinds of kids. If there are no Satanists out there, I'm really glad.

It's really time to get back into books!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast