Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Memorable Posts

Memorable Posts

Over the years, there have been many interesting and enlightening posts on the Litnet forums but, occasionally, a particular post seems so apposite and articulates a philosophical point of view so succinctly that it's imagery remains firmly fixed in the mind. Do any Litnetters have a particular favourite?
    Here's mine, I will always treasure it, with special refrerence to the use of tazers.

Terror, fear, extreme ****-kicking, teargas, rubber bullets & tazers on the bollocks are the best methods to use on rioting looters.
    Last edited by Emil Miller; 08-14-2011 at 05:47 PM.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by waxmephilosophical
    I liken logging onto these forums as a dog leaving its mark...we get on, leave our scent on the topics that interest us, and pretty soon the whole neighborhood is littered with our names under "last reply". Hehehe... that random thought made me laugh for a good long while!
    I have found this to be one of my favorite comments
    Last edited by Stanislaw; 08-14-2011 at 05:42 PM. Reason: My atrocious spelling

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    1921 - 2006, Rest In Peace.
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

Banned
    These 3 posts together are one of my favorite - hilarious.

Alex: Someone hasn't been laid in a while...

G.L: That's it - sex - that's my problem.

Alex: If you live anywhere from Valencia to Petersburg, I could visit and give you a delightful shagging; you don't need to look like adonis, so long as you can be described as handsome or pretty (I am unsure weather you are male or female) - Either way I am up for it.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    My recent favorite is from my good pal Red-Headed (the second of hers to appear here, as it happens). It reads:

A/ Mind your own business.

B/ You are an obvious joke.

C/ Have you nothing better to do or say about the OT other than troll me about your childish tantrums over G.L. Wilson?

D/ You have finally made my ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutatis-Mutandi View Post
    My recent favorite is from my good pal Red-Headed (the second of hers to appear here, as it happens). It reads:
    Once again, you have referred to Red-Headed as a female when every indication from previous posts would seem to indicate a male.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Quote Originally Posted by Emil Miller View Post
    Once again, you have referred to Red-Headed as a female when every indication from previous posts would seem to indicate a male.
    I thought RH was a female too.

I have just been into RH's profile and there's nothing there to indicate one way or the other. The blog ( silly word ) seems to consist of a lot of poems which might have been written by a male or female. Of course, I may be wrong but RH's recent posts have a masculine slant which, admittedly, doesn't preclude the possibility that they were written by a woman.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    What's it matter? R-H doesn't seem to care, as she hasn't bothered to clarify one way or another, as she has seen people refer to her as both male and female. I assumed from the name, mostly, and I'm not the only one. Anyways, like you said, there's nothing to indicate one way or another. In any case, I did/do not not mean to be insulting by referring to R-H as a female (as if she cares, she can't see my posts, anyway).
    Last edited by Mutatis-Mutandis; 08-15-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Blog Entries
    Why I can't have this bag?
    The first and only thread created by some random girl asking why her boyfriend won't let her buy a particular handbag. It was very strange, to the point of being cool.

Banned
    Love the thread idea, need to dig up some memorable quotes

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander III View Post
    Love the thread idea, need to dig up some memorable quotes
    There are some corkers along the way but, to save possible embarrassment, it might be better not to reveal the name of the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by JuniperWoolf View Post
    The first and only thread created by some random girl asking why her boyfriend won't let her buy a particular handbag. It was very strange, to the point of being cool.
    Quirky. I gues it was one of those 'you needed to be there' things. Would have been surreal I'm sure lol.
    'Anger's my meat; I sup upon myself,
    And so shall starve with feeding.'
    Volumnia in Coriolanus

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Would it be fair of me to suggest *anything* by the late Musicology..?
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Oh man, I almost forgot about the legend that was Musicology. How can you choose just one post?

I must admit that Musicology has loomed large in my thoughts re this thread
    but setting him aside for the moment, how about this one from a couple of years ago?

women can't pee in the woods? I do it all the time! Well, not standing up, of course.. anyway, when it comes to taking a crap in the woods we're all the same, boys, girls, blokes, men, women ...
    Last edited by Emil Miller; 08-17-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast