Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Write for Us

Write for Us

Want to earn money? A free copy of our CD? Or gift certificates?

We are looking for authors to write supplemental material for this website.

We would like summaries and analyses for the books listed on this site. Especially the more popular books like 1984, Animal Farm, or Wuthering Heights.

To get a free CD or the equivalent you would need to provide a chapter by chapter summary of a book, that is a half a page to a page in summary for each chapter. Additionally you would need to provide a character overview where you would list the main characters in the novel and what their role is (Dramatis Personae if it were a play).

We are also looking for 1-2 page introductions to the various major literary styles or periods. (find a list here: http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Literature/Periods_and_Movements/) These introductions would need to be text book quality and applicable to the authors listed on this site. The idea is to provide a more general literature resource for students.
    Chris Beasley
    Administrator
    The Literature Network

Comma Abuser Eric, son of Chuck's Avatar
    Excellent. Could you provide a more complete list of the periods and movements? I noticed that quite a few are missing. Also, are you thinking an overall period, or did you want specific periods from, say, English Literature?

Also, were you just interested in books and periods? Or would you like a synopsis/analysis of poetry, short stories, or plays?

Lastly, these prizes that you speak of, could you tell us what they are, exactly?

For now, I think I'll get started on Ivanhoe.
    Yeah, I'm giving the 'wink' and the 'gun' like Ponch from Chips, big whoop wanna fight about it?

Everything is negotiable, but for a standard summary you can get a free CD, a $20 gift certificate from wherever, or a check if you like.

For the periods and movements there are more, but making a complete list would likely be difficult. I'd rather just have people make sure to okay topics before hand.

The ones I am most interested in right now would be:

Existentialism
    Trancendentalism
    Romanticism
    Victorian

The important thing is to make them useful and to include mention of authors on this site.

I'm not looking for analysis of poems or short stories at this time.

20 bucks for all of Ivanhoe? Well, I'm a starving student, so I may just take you up on that. Would that be in American funds? If so, that's perfect, because I can get a nifty exchange up here in the great white north.

As for periods, how about the Restoration? I'm pretty good on that, I think.
    Yeah, I'm giving the 'wink' and the 'gun' like Ponch from Chips, big whoop wanna fight about it?

Yes $20 or the equivalent.

Remember though, a half page to page. So thats 22-44 pages of summary.

Still if you're reading the book anyway it shouldn't be too hard to write as you go along.

Even with exchange, 28 bucks Canadian for a 22-24 page summary doesn't sound like that much fun. I'll just go for the periods, for now. Maybe when I'm required to do reports on these books anyway, I'll get some of those done.

For the periods you'd need to do 2 to get the same amount, and they of course would need to approved by me for quality/content before you get paid.

Righto, I'll keep you posted. Do you want them e-mailed to you?

Yes, webmaster@

Writing for you

I would definately like an opportunity to write introductions or summaries for you....soo yif you would maybe give me more info and a book you would like me to start on, it would be much appreciated.
    Trust no future,howe'er pleasant!
    Let the dead Past bury its dead!
    Act-Act in the living Present!
    Heart within, and God o'erhead!
    _Longfellow

The book I'm most interested in getting a summary for right now is 1984 by George Orwell.

It's also a shorter book so it should be an easy one.

Writing for you

Ok ill get to it... would you like me to send it to you chapter by chapter or maybe just the first so you may check my work????
    Trust no future,howe'er pleasant!
    Let the dead Past bury its dead!
    Act-Act in the living Present!
    Heart within, and God o'erhead!
    _Longfellow

Just the first should be fine.

Re: Write for Us

Quote Originally Posted by Admin
    Want to earn money? A free copy of our CD? Or gift certificates?

We are looking for authors to write supplemental material for this website.

We would like summaries and analyses for the books listed on this site. Especially the more popular books like 1984, Animal Farm, or Wuthering Heights.

To get a free CD or the equivalent you would need to provide a chapter by chapter summary of a book, that is a half a page to a page in summary for each chapter. Additionally you would need to provide a character overview where you would list the main characters in the novel and what their role is (Dramatis Personae if it were a play).

We are also looking for 1-2 page introductions to the various major literary styles or periods. (find a list here: http://directory.google.com/Top/Arts/Literature/Periods_and_Movements/) These introductions would need to be text book quality and applicable to the authors listed on this site. The idea is to provide a more general literature resource for students.

Book Summary

Is there a book I can get started on? Could you possibly give me a list to choose from?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast