Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Public Nudity

Love it. Of course, think it should be limited to places where those who don't love it don't have to deal with it.

Blog Entries
    I would rather see a 1000 lb naked man then dance clothed with people who think someone is disgusting naked. I think judging someones nudity is rude. I saw this picture of this lady who looked like a walking jacket, leather at that, and she was in a bikini. That makes her beautiful. Because she's true to herself enough to be who she is and not make special exceptions for people who have no business judging her (let alone on something as unimportant as looks, yeah I went there, as far as I'm concerned the idea of what is pretty, at least in the states, is pretty ugly).
    "We are animals with problems that no other animal has." - Radam J. Starkiller

I worship the nudity of you, not the hypocritical of you. We all kind of are living pretentiously with double standards, one keeping to ourselves furtively and the other morally, religiously and hypocritically. Imagine which part of me is honest, the nude or the clothed with hypocrisy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolte View Post
    I would rather see a 1000 lb naked man then dance clothed with people who think someone is disgusting naked. I think judging someones nudity is rude. I saw this picture of this lady who looked like a walking jacket, leather at that, and she was in a bikini. That makes her beautiful. Because she's true to herself enough to be who she is and not make special exceptions for people who have no business judging her (let alone on something as unimportant as looks, yeah I went there, as far as I'm concerned the idea of what is pretty, at least in the states, is pretty ugly).
    ^This. Let's also be friends.
    Naked except for a cigarette, you let your mind drift and forget your disbelief. Feel the chill down your back and the flutter of wings through dandelion fields, and forget the pull of gravity in a night without stars.

I lack eloquence and commitment to my arguments. They are half baked, and I will begin passionately, and then abandon them.

Banned
    I am glad that you are able to perceive the world in the manner, but I neither can nor want to. It may be shallowness on my part, but I have no interest in seeing "everyone is beautiful" - some people are and some people aren't. In the majority of cases, those who work at it are, and those who don't work at it are not.

If an obese woman is proud of her body, great for her, but that fact that she is "true to herself" doesn't matter a fig to me.

We are not all special unicorns, some people are just better than others in some things. SOme people are beautiful and some ugly, some are intelligent and some are stupid, some are just and some are cruel, some are charming and some have the social appeal of boiled cabbage. I don't see what is with he whole craze of everyone is great in their own way. It isn't true, some people are just better than others. And some people are just worse than others.

Banned
    You're very intelligent Alexander.

Quote Originally Posted by Varenne Rodin View Post
    There is much to be said for mystique, and value in only bestowing certain privileges to a select person.
    This makes me think of the Mennonite people, who wear the dresses commonly called "prairie dresses." Married women have their hair pulled back and covered in that little bonnet because their hair is reserved for their husbands. It's not what we do, but it's nice.

There's a time and a place for everything. This is how I feel about some of the disgusting "art" that appears on the forum, completely off topic. It's not that I have a problem with art. But I think Emil said it well, that the eye can only take in so much at a time. When I have 50 images all thrown at me at once, I can't assimilate it. Also, a lot of it resembles a dead plucked turkey, or as the artist described it - a car crash. Not everyone enjoys looking at car crashes. It's fine if a person enjoys looking at car crashes, but others who don't enjoy them aren't necessarily inferior. It's kind of like spiders - there are people who love them - but they've not been bitten by a Hobo Spider. Spiders are necessary though to keep down insects. I've been reminded in the last few days the importance of that. And there's no way to poison Hobos without killing off the good spiders that only eliminate insects.

I go to the lake to my brother's houseboat on weekdays when I can because hardly anyone is there. I went there yesterday, and it is a piece of heaven. I thought of the person on here who asks me, "Why do you live in a place like that, where there's no art? " Anyway, I'm just glad he feels that way and isn't here.

On weekends there's a man at the lake who has a $400,000 boat docked. He gets very drunk and obnoxious and whips his pants down and urinates in the lake. It's too bad. The water looks clean, but I'd certainly never get in it. Well I guess I won't discuss the wealthy Conservative people now.

I don't know why I seem to go around complaining here all the time. I guess it's just problems in my life that have put a negative spin to my thinking lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Neely View Post
    Ha, ha, I thought of that. You should even see my local supermarket, Nebitville - it's enough to put you off nudity for life. I'm going to find it difficult popping in there the next time I shop. I'm going to imagine more than I bargained for.
    Yes once the idea is lodged in the mind, it's difficult to shake off. I won't have that problem though because the sight of all that conspicuous consumption in supermarkets sends me into a cataleptic trance and I'm on autopilot until I get out of the place.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Blog Entries
    I adore your commentaries, Vonny.

I think people are assuming that those of us opposed to public nudity have a hatred for ugly or fat people. That simply isn't true, though I do appreciate people who wash their hair more than people who don't. It's slobs I don't care for. If I can do the work I do, and juggle several responsibilities, and still look after my personal care and fitness, it seems reasonable to think that other people can and should if they are planning to go about nude in public.

Quote Originally Posted by Varenne Rodin View Post
    I adore your commentaries, Vonny.

I think people are assuming that those of us opposed to public nudity have a hatred for ugly or fat people. That simply isn't true, though I do appreciate people who wash their hair more than people who don't. It's slobs I don't care for. If I can do the work I do, and juggle several responsibilities, and still look after my personal care and fitness, it seems reasonable to think that other people can and should if they are planning to go about nude in public.
    Don't worry, I'm not planning to go about nude in public, regardless of the hair washing routine.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil Miller View Post
    Don't worry, I'm not planning to go about nude in public, regardless of the hair washing routine.
    Hehe. I won't either.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander III View Post
    I am glad that you are able to perceive the world in the manner, but I neither can nor want to. It may be shallowness on my part, but I have no interest in seeing "everyone is beautiful" - some people are and some people aren't. In the majority of cases, those who work at it are, and those who don't work at it are not.

If an obese woman is proud of her body, great for her, but that fact that she is "true to herself" doesn't matter a fig to me.

We are not all special unicorns, some people are just better than others in some things. SOme people are beautiful and some ugly, some are intelligent and some are stupid, some are just and some are cruel, some are charming and some have the social appeal of boiled cabbage. I don't see what is with he whole craze of everyone is great in their own way. It isn't true, some people are just better than others. And some people are just worse than others.

That's....not true. At all.

But yes I'm all for attractive people not wearing clothes.
    'Anger's my meat; I sup upon myself,
    And so shall starve with feeding.'
    Volumnia in Coriolanus

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander III View Post
    It isn't true, some people are just better than others. And some people are just worse than others.

No, some people are better at certain skills.

You are probably great at something, and better at it then someone else.

But there is probably someone better at something that you could never do.

This doesn't make anyone better, or worse. Reminds me of a song:

Stiff Little Fingers - Doesn't Make It Alright

Just because you're nobody
    It doesn't mean that you're no good
    Just because there's a reason
    It doesn't mean it's understood

(Chorus
    It doesn't make it all right
    It's the worse excuse in the world
    And it doesn't make it all right

Just because you're a black boy
    Just because you're a white
    It doesn't mean you've got to hate him
    Doesn't mean you've got to fight

(Chorus)
    Some people think they're really clever
    To smash your head against a wall
    Then they say 'You got it my way'
    They really think they know it all

Just because you're a black boy
    Just because you're a white
    It doesn't mean you've got to hate him
    Doesn't mean you've got to fight

(Chorus)

It doesn't make it all
    It doesn't make it all
    "We are animals with problems that no other animal has." - Radam J. Starkiller

No, some people are better at certain skills.

You are probably great at something, and better at it then someone else.

But there is probably someone better at something that you could never do.
    That is true, but skills are not valued equally.

Blog Entries
    'Value' is relative. People being better than each other or worse than each other is judged by us which makes the view point a little tainted/biased. No, I don't believe in a love-y dove-y 'everybody is equal, let's hold hands and dance around the world singing Auld Sang Lyne' world, but that is the sort of view point that begets genocide, racial/sexual divides, and PROMOTES inequality.

Holy hannah I am inarticulate tonight but that post made me so mad my eyes are still spinning a little bit. Every time I come back to lit-net this happens. Back to the blogs!
    Naked except for a cigarette, you let your mind drift and forget your disbelief. Feel the chill down your back and the flutter of wings through dandelion fields, and forget the pull of gravity in a night without stars.

I lack eloquence and commitment to my arguments. They are half baked, and I will begin passionately, and then abandon them.

Society sets values. It is easier for a famous pop singer to make money than for a famous classical musician. It is easier for a doctor to make money than for a fast food cook.

The relative 'values' do not make one person intrinsically better than another, but they can have a significant life impact.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast