Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Public Nudity

Banned
    Blog Entries
    stlukesguild wrote:
    My interest in the nude and in eroticism in art... in this discussion... is rooted in what I perceive to be a certain inconsistency or hypocrisy concerning sexuality and eroticism in art.
    Hm..but this tread is about public nudity not erotisism in art.

Artist and Bibliophile stlukesguild's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    this tread is about public nudity not erotisism in art.

Is it? Truly?

It seems to me this thread has touched on a great array of topics... very seldom the question of public nudity... largely because almost no one advocates walking about with it all hanging out. Most of us recognize that the reality of such would in no way live up to the fantasy.
    Beware of the man with just one book. -Ovid
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.- Mark Twain
    My Blog: Of Delicious Recoil
    http://stlukesguild.tumblr.com/

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stlukesguild View Post
    this tread is about public nudity not erotisism in art.

Is it? Truly?

It seems to me this thread has touched on a great array of topics... very seldom the question of public nudity... largely because almost no one advocates walking about with it all hanging out. Most of us recognize that the reality of such would in no way live up to the fantasy.

Hm…… I know that you love art. I love art too but I may stop liking nudity in art. When we overdose, it becomes boring. Sometimes, I couldn’t resist posting art on other treads. But when OP asked politely not to hijack a tread I realized how inappropriate it was. Firstly, not everybody likes art. Secondly, not everybody may like eroticism and nudity in art. Thirdly, when you post art depicting eroticism and quote Kenneth Clark, it may create unnecessary confusion what this tread is all about. Finally, I know that you have opened an art tread as you were inspired by discussion about nudity. I wouldn't say a word if you posted nude or erotic art on your tread.

Blog Entries
    If you glance through this entire thread you will find that one person posted a song having nothing to do with the OP in the least. The thread has mutated into discussions of how an individual is "valued", questions of tattoos and body piercings, a debate upon obesity, a brief digression touching upon designer clothes and cell phones, and repeated explorations of the issue of nudity... in real life and in art. The great majority of threads go through such digressions if they last any period of time... like most discussing in real life. These digressions rarely become an issue of contention unless they touch upon politics or religion or some such topic likely to result in arguments having nothing whatsoever to do with the OP. You will notice that the original poster hasn't made any requests that any of us return to the original topic... which without digressions would quite likely have run it's course long ago.
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.- Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ftil View Post
    Hm…… I know that you love art. I love art too but I may stop liking nudity in art. When we overdose, it becomes boring. Sometimes, I couldn’t resist posting art on other treads. But when OP asked politely not to hijack a tread I realized how inappropriate it was. Firstly, not everybody likes art. Secondly, not everybody may like eroticism and nudity in art. Thirdly, when you post art depicting eroticism and quote Kenneth Clark, it may create unnecessary confusion what this tread is all about. Finally, I know that you have opened an art tread as you were inspired by discussion about nudity. I wouldn't say a word if you posted nude or erotic art on your tread.
    I hear you ftil, but with this one you take the good with the bad, and it wouldn't be LitNet without him all over the place. He's one of the best contributors. He grows on you.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stlukesguild View Post
    If you glance through this entire thread you will find that one person posted a song having nothing to do with the OP in the least. The thread has mutated into discussions of how an individual is "valued", questions of tattoos and body piercings, a debate upon obesity, a brief digression touching upon designer clothes and cell phones, and repeated explorations of the issue of nudity... in real life and in art. The great majority of threads go through such digressions if they last any period of time... like most discussing in real life. These digressions rarely become an issue of contention unless they touch upon politics or religion or some such topic likely to result in arguments having nothing whatsoever to do with the OP. You will notice that the original poster hasn't made any requests that any of us return to the original topic... which without digressions would quite likely have run it's course long ago.
    Well, I mentioned another thread where you and I posted art and OP asked ask politely not to hijack a tread. I have already expressed my feelings and thoughts and I am not going to repeat myself. The issues is boundary and respect.

Blog Entries
    The issues is boundary and respect.

Respect for who or what... your desire to dictate who posts and how? I don't see anyone else complaining that my postings were off topic. I t would seem that this little debate is far more off-topic than anything I posted concerning the issue of nudity in art.

Banned
    The issues is boundary and respect.
    Yeah ftil, I've been down this road, believe me. I used to be disgusted by a lot of the ugly art posted inappropriately, but then I realized that the posts aren't borderline, contentious, arrogant, morbid, sarcastic, passive/aggressive, and flippant - and they are instructive.
    Last edited by Vonny; 10-19-2011 at 12:39 AM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonny View Post
    Yeah ftil, I've been down this road, believe me. I used to be disgusted by a lot of the ugly art posted inappropriately, but then I realized that the posts aren't borderline, contentious, arrogant, morbid, sarcastic, passive/aggressive, and flippant - and they are instructive.
    Well, it is not that much about the content of art but how it has been used. When I have reflected upon words of previously mentioned OP, I have opened my art tread. I am glad that OP expressed his needs and it was done with such a delicacy. I don’t hijack others treads any more. LOL I respect that not everybody may like art or art I choose. It applies to any other activity. It also requires having what some psychologists call a six sense to intuit the subtlety of others feelings and needs.

Banned
    Well, it is not that much about the content of art but how it has been used. When I have reflected upon words of previously mentioned OP, I have opened my art tread. I am glad that OP expressed his needs and it was done with such a delicacy. I don’t hijack others treads any more. LOL I respect that not everybody may like art or art I choose. It applies to any other activity. It also requires having what some psychologists call a six sense to intuit the subtlety of others feelings and needs.
    I guess in this world any person who isn't arrogant, sarcastic and flippant is endearing to me. It's too much to ask for them to sense my feelings and needs.
    Last edited by Vonny; 10-19-2011 at 02:57 AM.

Nudity is something that interests me artistically though physically and socially it is despicable and some gracious ladies born of a civil society and taught by some great scholastic parents, abbots and grown accustomed to living a certain lifestyle will feel chilled at this term itself and of course will be willing to retreat to their old, well defined conventional cover of society that renders a good degree of security and space.

I have read some forms of art, sculptures and a picturesque and mouthwatering depiction, the best and artistic way of presenting vulgarity clothing them in a fine art or whatsoever you choose to name it. I am shocked and could understand through these awe-inspiring presentations, their mythological connections and some truths that remain obscured down the straits of history fabulously presented. I like that form of nudity, and I like to see everything of humanity in its aesthetic presentation, and even conjugation in that art form is not obscene and we know many temples at which see erotically intertwined deities and deities in an orgy is something worthy of watching, of writing volumes of verse in praise of them, and when the same thing is deemed obscene. At times realities remain masqueraded and that becomes a piece of beauty and truth.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I guess in this world any person who isn't arrogant, sarcastic and flippant is endearing to me. It's too much to ask for them to sense my feelings and needs.
    Well, some people are not capable of feeling and understandings what others feel. There is such an overwhelming emptiness and eloquent words can’t hide it. It is sad but we have a choice to be around them or not. I choose not! But there are others who feel and feel deeply and it is a delight to be around them. Hm…..how does it relate to being naked? They don’t need to take their clothing off to show the beauty of their souls.

Banned
    Well, some people are not capable of feeling and understandings what others feel. There is such an overwhelming emptiness and eloquent words can’t hide it. It is sad but we have a choice to be around them or not. I choose not! But there are others who feel and feel deeply and it is a delight to be around them. Hm…..how does it relate to being naked? They don’t need to take their clothing off to show the beauty of their souls.
    This is beautifully stated ftil! What you describe applies to many people.

However, I tend to believe that this one really isn't empty. I wish you wouldn't leave the thread on account of a misunderstanding.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    This is beautifully stated ftil! What you describe applies to many people.

However, I tend to believe that this one really isn't empty. I wish you wouldn't leave the thread on account of a misunderstanding.
    Oh, I said it all what I think about nudity or eroticism. I strongly believe that eroticism or sexuality is what we enjoy doing and experiencing but not talking.
    It make me sad to see that humans are limited to naked body, sexuality, and instincts. There are much more beauty within us and around us that makes our souls uplifted and our spirits flying high.

Banned
    Oh, I said it all what I think about nudity or eroticism. I strongly believe that eroticism or sexuality is what we enjoy doing and experiencing but not talking.
    It make me sad to see that humans are limited to naked body, sexuality, and instincts. There are much more beauty within us and around us that makes our souls uplifted and our spirits flying high.
    I'm with you 100%. I think you said it perfectly!

This must be a way that women are different.