Thread: Critique Partner

Critique Partner

Hello, my name is Amanda. I am currently working on a Young Adult novel. I just started this WIP, so I am only at nearly 7K into it, but I plan on finishing it before January.

I am currently looking for a good critique partner, or two. The ideal match would be someone who is also writing a Young Adult book with the idea of trying to get it published in the near future.

Someone who will give me the criticism I need to grow with my writing, and also to call me out on stuff in my WIP, but not in a mean or rude way. Someone who will help me bring an idea to the surface that is lurking around in the back of my head, but just won't come out when I need it to.

Someone I can be professional with, but have fun with it as well.

Someone I can get a long with and be friends with.

Anyone out there interested in becoming my critique partner?

Ivor Randle, writer themiddleprince's Avatar
    No takers? Seems a shame.

Unless of course they messaged you directly, in which case I hope it's going well.
    Ivor Randle
    author of The Middle Prince
    Available now on Amazon Kindle for all e-readers

Amanda...

I can help! I'm currently in the process of resuming a novel project as well as a couple of short stories (one of them, I'm currently at work on thanks to my resurgence in creativity).

I can also use some helpful feedback as well in revising a couple of short stories as well (planning to publish in the future once I have enough to build a portfolio), and in terms of critiquing, I have an analysis/interpret-and-critique approach (though, as I've learned, the critic is usually separate from the author most of the time).

Message me if you need a critique partner,
    --Chilly
    "We look at the world, at governments, across the spectrum, some with more freedom, some with less. And we observe that the more repressive the State is, the closer life under it resembles Death. If dying is deliverance into a condition of total non-freedom, then the State tends, in the limit, to Death. The only way to address the problem of the State is with counter-Death, also known as Chemistry." -- Thomas Pynchon, Against the Day