Unregistered

No Subject

you are very narrow minded.

Sam

No Subject

hear hear!

Unregistered

No Subject

Perhaps you've watched too much tv? is arnie your idea of the perfect hero;-)

Pavel

No Subject

Although I don't agree that it's boring--COME ON!! Can't someone be allowed to not think that something is exciting without pompous pedantic jerks calling him narrow-minded and dumb! This is why I don't like being around "intellectuals" that believe themselves to be God's gift to humanity and that anyone with different views than they have must be uneducated and retarded.

Unregistered

No Subject

I too am reading this book for a book report. I had to choose a British writer and well there you have it H.G. Wells. I really tried to go through the book w/out falling asleep. It is such a boring book its kind of sad too because I read a lot and this books but geez its boring!!!!! His other books are okay I just cant stand this one!

Unregistered

No Subject

when i read the comments on the previous page, i knew exactly what the replies were gonna be, so i click to read the responses, and lord and behold-people are whippin out the "narrow mind" and the "too much tv" responses. what do i have to say about that? well...our govenment is supposed to offer its protection and guidance, and perhaps even itself as a rolemodel? so if you can look around on the web and find sites such promoting "hate" and racism, and the government allows it as free speech, shouldn't we all take heed of this example? no matter how extreme and revolting someone elses thoughts and opinions are, shouldn't we at least show a little respect and consideration by at least not commenting in such vulgar ways? or at least not to comment at all?...ooooh! controversy! people arguing, and throwing out comments, slanders, opinions, statements! as long as we attack the opinion, and not the person? shouldn't that be how it works?

Unregistered

No Subject

i prefer the musical version, the book boring

Besides

Besides, everyone is entilted to their own opinion. And not everyone agrees with you, and not every smart person thinks their gods gift. I couldn't stand the book but that's just me, I'm not here to fight, just sharing my opinion like people should be able to do without getting yelled at.

John

No Subject

Look this book is a proven masterpiece, surely theres no way you can call it boring unless you dont understand the concept and imagination that has been put into this book. By the way everyone should be entitled to an oppionion even if it is worthless. I say again, incredible book...ahead of its time.Wells is my favourite philosopher so far, the book has inspired many creations.<br>

Grade 7 student

War of the Worlds

It sounded like a very interesting book. But after the first chapter it was very boring! I had to finish reading it for a book report but I don't recommend it to anyone even if they like science-fiction.