Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: Why do many women find 'the male body' ugly?

I've never seen David's private part blacked out...I'm still laughing (but I understand why).
    But what's interesting is that now that his private part isn't showing, I'm noticing how big
    his hand is! I mean it...it's BIG! Look at it...that's the BIGGEST hand I've ever seen!!
    I never noticed that before. I mean it...LQQK. Actually, I don't think I've ever seen his
    hand before at all, let alone the size. I find his body beautiful btw. I kinda' want to lift
    that sticker up and peek underneath...for the sake of art appreciation of course. It's just
    a little annoying ....but i know it's necessary for Litnet.
    Live in the sunshine. Swim in the sea. Drink the wild air ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by G L Wilson View Post
    Nude up, people, especially if you're a beauty.
    It's comments like this which shame so much of the population. They don't make the perceived grade and feel they are best hidden.
    Before sunlight can shine through a window, the blinds must be raised - American Proverb

I think you might be taking this thread way too seriously, Delta. I mean, how serious of a discussion can it be when it's titled, "Why do many women find 'the male body' ugly?" in a Literature site?
    Live in the sunshine. Swim in the sea. Drink the wild air ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I think you might be taking this thread way too seriously, Delta. I mean, how serious of a discussion can it be when it's titled, "Why do many women find 'the male body' ugly?" in a Literature site?
    It's just a response Mel. Too bad if it didnt sweeten your cup of tea.
    Before sunlight can shine through a window, the blinds must be raised - American Proverb

Artist and Bibliophile stlukesguild's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Michelangelo was a master of anatomy. All of his distortions were done with reason. The David was initially intended to be seen from below... up on a niche on the Cathedral of Florence. The heavy undercutting of the hair above his furrowed brow and the over-sized hand holding the stone he will use to slay Goliath were both intended to convey the heavy weight of the challenge that lies before him. Where most portrayals of David focused upon the young warrior in action or after the Goliath's defeat... with his head at the youth's feet, Michelangelo offered a true Renaissance image. David is seen as a thinking man... deep in thought at he stares into the distance... the future. The notion of the intellectual warrior/man as a rational being is reinforced by the body itself which is clearly modeled upon classical Greco-Roman ideals or canons of beauty.
    Beware of the man with just one book. -Ovid
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.- Mark Twain
    My Blog: Of Delicious Recoil
    http://stlukesguild.tumblr.com/

Procrastinator General *Classic*Charm*'s Avatar
    Leaning on this broken fence, between Past and Present tense
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Delta40 View Post
    It's comments like this which shame so much of the population. They don't make the perceived grade and feel they are best hidden.
    Agreed, Delta.

Do many women find "the male body" ugly? In what sense? I can't say I know any women who would say that the male form with all its variations and states is ugly regardless of those variations and states. While art can be based upon or serve to represent a body, a body itself is not a piece of art, in my opinion. It is not "created". It is a functional thing, a system or unit, and as far as I am concerned, is beautiful by virtue of its being able to serve its function. I don't look at a body and say it's ugly or not simply by looking at it, immobile and inanimate- it is beautiful or ugly in so far as I can picture it in use.

I can understand having a varied level of physical attraction to one body or another, but I cannot understand how one could find the male body ugly simply by virtue of its form.
    I'm weary with right-angles, abbreviated daylight,
    Waiting for a winter to be done.
    Why do I still see you in every mirrored window,
    In all that I could never overcome?

Blog Entries
    Answer to the OP- Because many modern men do not take care of the body, the body is not that attractive. I offer my opinion from personal experience from my free-love days. As a waitress, at the time,I was well structured, but the hand-full or more of men I was with were not well maintained. It left one feeling deprived, and even a little disappointed. The simple truth is, that it takes work to keep something good looking, not necessarily just possessing good genes or being young. I think many people just don't maintain the body, therefore it is found unattractive.
    Last edited by Buh4Bee; 10-18-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buh4Bee View Post
    Answer to the OP- Because many modern men do not take care of the body, the body is not that attractive. I offer my opinion from personal experience from my free-love days. As a waitress, at the time,I was well structured, but the hand-full or more of men I was with were not well maintained. It left one feeling deprived, and even a little disappointed. The simple truth is, that it takes work to keep something good looking, not necessarily just possessing good genes or being youth. I think many people just don't maintain the body, therefore it is found unattractive.
    I had this discussion with an unprepossessing fat man of the type that can be seen everywhere. I said that once a man is married he no longer has the incentive to keep in trim, women know this and fatten their husbands up so that they are no longer attractive to other women. He gave a knowing grin and said: 'Well, that's the theory.'
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emil Miller View Post
    I had this discussion with an unprepossessing fat man of the type that can be seen everywhere. I said that once a man is married he no longer has the incentive to keep in trim, women know this and fatten their husbands up so that they are no longer attractive to other women. He gave a knowing grin and said: 'Well, that's the theory.'
    Surely a wife wants their husband to be attractive so that it is more fun...

Quote Originally Posted by Volya View Post
    Well if that's the case, the majority have fallen by the wayside.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

Blog Entries
    Fat phobias aside, its just the body. There is so much more to a person than how they look. I think one has to be pretty superficial, particularly when older to push oneself to exercise and control what is consumed. For some people, as one ages, there is less reason to stay motivation. The main reason to stay fit is for health. But I just offering an opinion. I'm pregnant and all want to do is eat. The body can be a disgusting thing. And on as side note, I have great sympathy for those that cannot control their food and as a result end up habitually over-eating.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Volya View Post
    Some attractive people are **** in bed, I'm not certain the fun one has in bed is all that related to the physical appearance of the one you're with. I've dated skinny men and fat men, and not once while I was in those relationships did I ever think I wished their bodies were different. It is admirable for people to be healthy but I find diet obsessed gym bunnies are almost invariably boring narcissists who make for poor lovers.

Anyhoo, I have no way to know whether women find the male form attractive or not, but I quite like it.
    "If the national mental illness of the United States is megalomania, that of Canada is paranoid schizophrenia."
    - Margaret Atwood

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    I just like a funny personality, also character and ability to play with others. Lastly, how they look! - eh, that's just me. All my mates are the same....oh yea.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910