Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Dentistry - Facts and Fictions

Banned
    Did I say so ? No, I did not. In fact I recommended that people clean their teeth. Didn't I ? So, please read what I have posted. Then you will not post useless posts.

This thread is on the myths of the dental industry. Starting with the myth that ''too much sugar corrodes the teeth''. I think that by now you will see that this dogma has zero evidence in support of it. But we are still waiting for some.

If you wish to contribute to this thread please post on the subject under discussion. Thank You.

I have a jar of strawberry jam in my kitchen. The strawberries have not corroded. Although they are in sugar. Sugar PRESERVES organic matter. Doesn't it ? Sugar is a preservative, in fact. It does NOT corrode teeth.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander III View Post
    so you have stopped brushing your teeth?

I use fluoride-free toothpaste. I'd recommend it.

I feel a little song coming on:

Crazy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLE6T97DA2o

Banned
    Neely,

Of course you do.

It seems any serious discussion online these days will be diverted by those who have nothing to say. People see it all the time. It's deliberate. They employ people to do it. Everyone knows. It's called 'dumbing down'. People must resist it. I do.

Anyway, the poison sellers don't want us to know the truth - that sugar does NOT cause teeth corrosion. In fact, sugar PRESERVES organic matter. Jam is an obvious proof. Jam is a preservative, isn't it ? Er, yes, it is !! Does the sugar rot strawberries in strawberry jam ? NO, IT PRESERVES THEM !!

So glad we sorted that out !!

Reality 1
    Fiction 0

'Daniel'
    Elton John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA78e27R_J4

'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road'
    Elton John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK0gX...eature=related

Quote Originally Posted by Neely View Post
    I feel a little song coming on:

Crazy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLE6T97DA2o
    Last edited by Musicology; 06-07-2011 at 01:14 PM.

www.markbastable.co.uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicology View Post
    Neely,
    In fact, sugar PRESERVES organic matter. Jam is an obvious proof. Jam is a preservative, isn't it ? Er, yes, it is !! Does the sugar rot strawberries in strawberry jam ? NO, IT PRESERVES THEM !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK0gX...eature=related
    I was thinking of cleaning my teeth with vinegar, which does a fine job of preserving onions. Or aspic - isn't it jugged hares that are preserved in aspic? Or possibly I'll brush with whatever it is they used on the corpse of Lenin. Or amber. Amber's a great preserver of things - look what it can do for Jurassic flies.
    Last edited by MarkBastable; 06-07-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Banned
    Great. And what has that to do with the dogma that too much sugar rots teeth ? A dogma supported by zero evidence ? Nothing.

Thread Over

///

Quote Originally Posted by MarkBastable View Post
    I was thinking of cleaning my teeth with vinegar, which does a fine job of preserving onions. Or aspic - isn't it jugged hares that are preserved in aspic? Or possibly I'll brush with whatever it is they used on the corpse of Lenin. Or amber. Amber's a great preserver of things - look what it can do for Jurassic flies.

www.markbastable.co.uk
    Well, you seem to think that sugar preserving strawberries is evidence of it preserving anything organic. (Quote: sugar PRESERVES organic matter...) You did say that, didn't you? You do agree with that, don't you?

By that logic, anything that preserved anything organic would be beneficial to teeth. Glad we got that sorted out! LOL!
    Last edited by MarkBastable; 06-07-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for proving my point and ignoring everything I said that counters some of your asinine points. You can't prove anything, and you just ignore everything that disagrees with your fun little conspiracies. You're exactly the kind of person you constantly complain about, hypocrite. You worship at the altar of Conspiracy.

Blog Entries
    Music, I was attempting to add to the "discussion" by pointing out the fact that tooth decay is not the only concern a dental patient should be concerned with, but gum disease as well. So, I'm not talking about tooth decay, I am talking about gum disease. Brushing or not, you should worry about the bacteria that causes gum disease. This is another facet of overall dental care. I read the thread, but didn't see this point raised.

To prevent gum disease, you should floss twice a day, even if you don't brush. I think they also make organic floss.
    Last edited by Buh4Bee; 06-07-2011 at 05:05 PM.

Banned
    Your 'logic' is once again defective. You are really a poor student, aren't you ?

I did NOT say 'anything that preserved anything organic would be beneficial to teeth'. YOU said this. This is YOUR 'logic'. And it's flawed. Like everything else you post.

Can you give us some evidence too much sugar causes damage to the teeth ? No, you cannot. I have asked you five times. You have no evidence. You are not providing any evidence. You have no evidence. Nor do your other trolls. You are busted. I will spend no more time talking to such an ignorant person as yourself. One who cannot answer questions and cannot produce any evidence. None.

End of Story

Quote Originally Posted by MarkBastable View Post
    Well, you seem to think that sugar preserving strawberries is evidence of it preserving anything organic. (Quote: sugar PRESERVES organic matter...) You did say that, didn't you? You do agree with that, don't you?

By that logic, anything that preserved anything organic would be beneficial to teeth. Glad we got that sorted out! LOL!
    Jersea,

Fine. I have no problem with that. I was discussing (or trying to discuss) the dogma that 'too much sugar causes tooth decay'. And everyone can see no evidence has been presented to support that here in over 6 pages of repeated requests. Despite it being taught as true by dentists and by makers of toothpaste ad nauseum in their commercial publications and ads.

That is proved beyond all reasonable doubt.

Yes, I agree with taking precautions to prevent the rise of bacteria that may cause gum disease. Totally correct. Certainly.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by jersea View Post
    Music, I was attempting to add to the "discussion" by pointing out the fact that tooth decay is not the only concern a dental patient should be concerned with, but gum disease as well. So, I'm not talking about tooth decay, I am talking about gum disease. Brushing or not, you should worry about the bacteria that causes gum disease. This is another facet of overall dental care. I read the thread, but didn't see this point raised.

To prevent gum disease, you should floss twice a day, even if you don't brush. I think they also make organic floss.

www.markbastable.co.uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicology View Post
    Your 'logic' is once again defective. You are really a poor student, aren't you ?

I did NOT say 'anything that preserved anything organic would be beneficial to teeth'. YOU said this. This is YOUR 'logic'. And it's flawed. Like everything else you post.

Can you give us some evidence too much sugar causes damage to the teeth ? No, you cannot. I have asked you five times. You have no evidence. You are not providing any evidence. You have no evidence. Nor do your other trolls. You are busted. I will spend no more time talking to such an ignorant person as yourself. One who cannot answer questions and cannot produce any evidence. None.

End of Story
    But you did say sugar PRESERVES organic matter, didn't you? You do agree with that? You said that? And your support for that - at least, the support you've cited - is that it preserves strawberries in jam? Yes? You do agree with that, don't you? Sugar PRESERVES organic matter. Yes or no? And this is a support of the fact that it does no harm to teeth? Yes or no? Is that the evidence you are providing? Yes or no? Can I make it plainer than that? LOL!! There will be no answer - because you know you are deceiving yourself!!! LOL!

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    ~

I think I have had enough of "you"s.

This thread is now closed.

~
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456