Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dentistry - Facts and Fictions

Banned

Dentistry - Facts and Fictions

THE MYTH OF SUGAR CAUSING TOOTH DECAY

'We all know' eating too much sugar causes........ tooth decay. Right ? Your dentist tells you so, and he learned this as a student, and the dentist who taught his teacher said so also. And toothpaste manufacturers have told you so. So it must be so. Right ?

Well, in point of fact there is NO such thing as tooth decay. That's right ! There is no such thing as tooth decay.

Now, just a minute ! By tooth decay you mean the decay of the enamel on teeth, don't you ?

Let's consider the facts. Have you considered the indisputable fact that there are thousands of human skeletons (many of them over 5,000 years old) whose teeth have somehow not decayed ? Where the enamel of the teeth is still intact, that is ? Although they have definitely been exposed to bacteria and viruses in all kinds of conditions, sometimes for millenia. How about that fact ? Whose teeth have not decayed, that is. Any comment ?

The second fact is as follows. Teeth enamel (and this requires you to check it for yourself) contains ZERO carbon. So viruses and bacteria (which are both needed to cause any teeth decay) are never an issue. How about that ?

Neither of which facts have stopped a mountain of dental journals and commercial ads refering to tooth decay as being named in the literature. Its even got a name. It's called 'Streptococcic Mutans'. With expert authors all certain bacteria are consuming the enamel of teeth. Right ?

What IS teeth enamel ? Well, it actually has a chemical name. It's Calcium Hydroxy Phosphate. Better known as 'Apatite'. But dentists still believe bacteria are consumers of teeth enamel. Strange, right ? I mean, they are interested in facts, aren't they ? And so are you.

Here is another fact. Nothing in the human diet will cause the decay of teeth enamel. Fact ! Sugars do NOT cause tooth decay. Fact.

Glad we sorted that out ! It's amazing what we learn on this forum.
    Last edited by Musicology; 06-05-2011 at 09:51 AM.

Artist and Bibliophile stlukesguild's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Amazing! An expert on Mozart, the Illuminati, the Jesuits, Shakespeare, Goethe, the Moon-landing, Elvis, 9-11, the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster... and now dentistry. What's next?

Its like a web-based version of Foucault's Pendulum.

Beware of the man with just one book. -Ovid
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.- Mark Twain
    My Blog: Of Delicious Recoil
    http://stlukesguild.tumblr.com/

Banned
    How unfortunate that you have refered to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Since I have never posted on that fiction. Have I ?

As for the myths of dentistry, we look forward to your contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by stlukesguild View Post
    Amazing! An expert on Mozart, the Illuminati, the Jesuits, Shakespeare, Goethe, the Moon-landing, Elvis, 9-11, the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster... and now dentistry. What's next?

Its like a web-based version of Foucault's Pendulum.

Banned
    So you don't brush your teeth? That may explain a lot...

Banned
    It explains rather more of the true state of your knowledge (or lack of it) on sugar and teeth decay (so-called).

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander III View Post
    So you don't brush your teeth? That may explain a lot...
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicology View Post
    It explains rather more of the true state of your knowledge (or lack of it) on sugar and teeth decay (so-called).

Musicology, what's the point of all these threads?

You provide no evidence and you claim all evidence that supports the other side is somehow false, manufactured or concocted, for which you also don't give any evidence or proof.

It puts the people on this forum in a very difficult position. On top of that, you insult people.

I'm afraid you won't get many responses until you change your way of presenting a case and debating.

Good luck to you, scribbler.
    You know I had brain fever, and that is to be mad.

Banned
    Propter W,

Can you provide evidence too much sugar produces teeth decay ? No evidence was in your post. Why don't you ask a dentist and come back to tell us what evidence he provides ?

With over a century of toothpaste ads, dental journals and other information we certainly hope to see some. Surely that's not too much to ask, is it ? Maybe you can give us some evidence ? That will be progress.

I have already presented simple facts in my first post. And you have produced, er, none in reply. All you say is I have posted no facts !! That's simply not true, is it ? It's untrue. Isn't it ? Here is my first post again. I have underlined the facts presented so far. I have said for example that teeth enamel contains no carbon. And that teeth have survived without being destroyed though they are from burials several thousands of years old. These ARE facts. Aren't they ?

That is the current situation. Isn't it ? So, please, provide evidence the enamel of teeth is destroyed by eating too much sugar. Do you have any ? Any at all ? Let's see some hard evidence. Thank You.

///

'We all know' eating too much sugar causes........ tooth decay. Right ? Your dentist tells you so, and he learned this as a student, and the dentist who taught his teacher said so also. And toothpaste manufacturers have told you so. So it must be so. Right ?

Well, in point of fact there is NO such thing as tooth decay. That's right ! There is no such thing as tooth decay.

Now, just a minute ! By tooth decay you mean the decay of the enamel on teeth, don't you ?

Let's consider the facts. Have you considered the indisputable fact that there are thousands of human skeletons (many of them over 5,000 years old) whose teeth have somehow not decayed ? Where the enamel of the teeth is still intact, that is ? Although they have definitely been exposed to bacteria and viruses in all kinds of conditions, sometimes for millenia. How about that fact ? Whose teeth have not decayed, that is. Any comment ?

The second fact is as follows. Teeth enamel (and this requires you to check it for yourself) contains ZERO carbon. So viruses and bacteria (which are both needed to cause any teeth decay) are never an issue. How about that ?

Neither of which facts have stopped a mountain of dental journals and commercial ads refering to tooth decay as being named in the literature. Its even got a name. It's called 'Streptococcic Mutans'. With expert authors all certain bacteria are consuming the enamel of teeth. Right ?

What IS teeth enamel ? Well, it actually has a chemical name. It's Calcium Hydroxy Phosphate. Better known as 'Apatite'. But dentists still believe bacteria are consumers of teeth enamel. Strange, right ? I mean, they are interested in facts, aren't they ? And so are you.

Here is another fact. Nothing in the human diet will cause the decay of teeth enamel. Fact ! Sugars do NOT cause tooth decay. Fact.

Glad we sorted that out ! It's amazing what we learn on this forum, isn't it
    ?

///

Quote Originally Posted by Propter W. View Post
    Musicology, what's the point of all these threads?

You provide no evidence and you claim all evidence that supports the other side is somehow false, manufactured or concocted, for which you also don't give any evidence or proof.

It puts the people on this forum in a very difficult position. On top of that, you insult people.

I'm afraid you won't get many responses until you change your way of presenting a case and debating.

Good luck to you, scribbler.
    Last edited by Musicology; 06-05-2011 at 11:17 AM.

Crackers cause tooth decay, as do nuts, also bananas are pretty bad as well, as well as fruitcake. However, according to the NHS website, which is just one of many, foods high in sugar are, amazingly, also a contributory factor see:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Dental-...es/Causes.aspx

You should avoid sugary drinks, sweets, chocolate and ensure that you brush your teeth well at least twice a day, paying particular attention to those hard to reach ones at the back. I also recommend a good tooth brush, mouthwash and regular dentist check-ups at least once every 6-12 months, then you should be fine.

(Incidentally, Coke Cola and Chewits were not invented in the Palaeolithic era which might help account for the lack of sugar in the early stone age diet...)

Regards.

Banned
    Coke -- it's not the sugar so much as the acids. It destroys teeth. My friend is a dental hygienist who observes this daily.

Oh my goodness, Neely you forgot the floss!! Don't forget the floss, that's as important as brushing. This is the best 2 to 5 minutes a day that you ever spent!
    Last edited by Vonny; 06-05-2011 at 02:12 PM.

Blog Entries
    Acids in foods and acids produced by Streptococcus mutans are the major contributors. Sugar promotes the growth of bacteria and contributes indirectly to tooth decay.
    "If the national mental illness of the United States is megalomania, that of Canada is paranoid schizophrenia."
    - Margaret Atwood

www.markbastable.co.uk
    Moderators - come on. Surely this has to stop.

Clinging to Douvres rocks Gilliatt Gurgle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Musicology View Post
    ...Can you provide evidence too much sugar produces teeth decay ? No evidence was in your post. Why don't you ask a dentist and come back to tell us what evidence he provides ?

With over a century of toothpaste ads, dental journals and other information we certainly hope to see some. Surely that's not too much to ask, is it ? Maybe you can give us some evidence ? That will be progress

...Nothing in the human diet will cause the decay of teeth enamel.
    ...it's amazing what we learn on this forum, isn't it?
    Interesting points you make Robert. I must admit that I agree with you,
    “Four out of five dentists surveyed recommend chewing sugarless gum for their patients who chew gum” . That quote comes from the famous Trident chewing gum commercials that ran ad nauseam here in the states to the point that the 4 out 5 line became cliché.
    Here’s an example:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf_Jk1zLisg

Obviously the insinuation being that sugar was causing tooth decay. For decades Americans have often wondered what became of the fifth dentist and their recommendation.
    Well interestingly enough, I know the answer to this question and the cause in the rise of tooth decay over the past 60 years or so. I spoke to my neighbor Mr. Roderick Surleeng, the former Boeing Aircraft engineer about tooth decay. Mr. Surleeng’s credentials are well established, you may recall his contributions to the chemtrail thread. The five dentists were just one cog in SAG’s well-oiled machine bent on dehumanizing the Earth through the application of “Agent White”. As you know agent white distribution began with the advent of pressurized aircraft capable of reaching higher altitudes say above 25,000 ft. By the mid 1950’s a crack team of five dentists noticed a marked increase in tooth decay. They also identified traces of Aluminum Anhydrous Tetra Chloride on their patients’ teeth. It was soon determined that the settling of agent white dust on crops and livestock was being consumed “chewed” by the unsuspecting masses. SAG began funneling hush money to the five dentists, who by this time began working for Trident. As it turned out, the fifth dentist had a conscience. He was prepared to blow the whistle, but never had the opportunity. A couple of men in black tossed him in the back of a black AMC Pacer next to Jimmy Hoffa, never to be seen again.

"Mongo only pawn in game of life" - Mongo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

Banned
    Gilliat Gurgle,

The dental industry would never lie to you. For decades. Nor would the makers of toothpaste. They would never recommend fluroide toothpaste, for example. Would they ? Or how about metallic fillings ? Speaking of toothpaste, this from Jim Lynn -

If you haven't read the back of your toothpaste labels recently, you are in for shock. On my desk in front of me is a tube of Kids Crest, billed as a "Sodium FLUORIDE Anticavity Toothpaste." Straight forward enough except for one thing...it has a new WARNING LABEL on the back that reads;

"WARNINGS: Keep out of reach of children under 6 years of age. If you accidentally swallow more than used for brushing, seek PROFESSIONAL HELP or contact a POISON CONTROL center immediately."

If the words "professional help" and "poison control center" don't grab your attention you really should not be reading this post. Since mid-1997, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the USA has mandated all toothpastes containing FLUORIDE to carry this warning. And for good reason.

An overwhelming, growing body of evidence, plus old WWII secret government documents now available all point to FLUORIDE as being a toxic drug. One that is NOT FIT FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION. (1) Even the FDA has finally raised an eyebrow !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Significant enough to mandate this warning be included on labeling. The mandate is significant because it means the FDA now regards fluoride laden toothpaste as a potential toxic drug!

The percentage of fluoride cannot be above 1000 ppm for adult and 500 ppm for children. The Crest "Kid's" formula contains 0.15% w/v fluoride ion. (2) So how is that legally possible? It's obvious that some products are deliberately targetted for small children ...the same group of kids the WARNING LABEL is pointing to.

If the formulation contains fluoride ion higher than 1000 ppm, it can cause poisoning; and the fluoride ion can react with calcium ion and magnesium in the human body and cause low level calcium ion and magnesium ion in blood. In some cases it has caused heart and muscle problems. If a child were to take a big spoonful of this fluoride and get it down, it is a poison that could kill the child. That is why the government has finally decided to act on this long standing issue regarding fluoridation.

Of course, many communities have fluoridated their drinking water for many years now, supposedly to fight tooth decay. But, John R. Lee, M.D. a fluoride toxicity researcher since 1972, has exposed this as a myth. He further states the myth has been perpetuated via "clever propaganda." He believes adding fluoride to water supplies was a contrivance to dispose of waste byproducts from the fertilizer and aluminum industries. There is a large volume of evidence to support his belief. (3)

Dr. Lee has established a direct link between fluoride use, osteoporosis and increased incidence of hip fractures in his report, ''A Brief Account of the Fluoridation And Hip Fracture Problem''.

Today a growing number of doctors and researchers are expressing concern over public exposure to the chemical, which has led some cities to vote against water contamination with fluoridation. Jonathon Wright, M.D., medical researcher of the Tahoma Clinic in Kent Washington says that, "When folks are fully informed (about fluoride), they usually turn it down." (4)

Even so, fluoridation of water and toothpaste continues to be endorsed by various health officials and the American Dental Association (ADA). You love the dental industry, don't you ? The same dental industry that was giving metal fillings decades after they were banned in most countries.

How much fluoride are you ingesting? There's no way to know if you are ingesting over the recommended levels or not. Even if you don't use a fluoride toothpaste or routinely drink water from a source that is fluoridated, you still may be ingesting unknown levels of fluoride. Many commercial sodas, juices and other water-based food products may contain fluoride if they are produced where the water is fluoridated.

As for toothpaste, I recommend you use a proven formula of natural ingredients, free of harmful chemicals. (see what EOO's disclaimer above says about chemicals and drugs)

Back to Sugar. It's definitely NOT the cause of tooth decay.

In fact, and this is more certain, the toxins consumed by us go into our bloodstream. Right ? (Stop and think about this if you are not sure). And the inside of the tooth (its pulp) contains a nerve. Right ? The blood supply goes there too and it has to get rid of toxins. Of all kinds. From within. Including through these teeth nerves. Toxins in blood is a major cause of the destruction of teeth, from within. Yes indeed.

You don't use your teeth when you drink soft drinks, do you ? Do you use your feet to eat spaghetti ? That should give you a clue that any toxins from soft drinks or other foods get in to the bloodstream and their effects damage the teeth over time if any bad food is consumed - because the blood supply also goes to those nerves in the teeth pulp. So the damage to the teeth occurs from the inside out. Wow !! Yes Sir.

Glad we sorted that out !

Common Sense 1
    The Dental Industry 0

Will Mark Bastable stop posting on threads when he has no contribution to make on its subject ? It has to stop.

This thread is on 'Dentistry - Facts and Fictions'.

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by MarkBastable View Post
    Moderators - come on. Surely this has to stop.
    Last edited by Musicology; 06-05-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Bacterium don't 'consume' tooth enamel. The acid they produce when they feast on starch and sugars is what erodes enamel.
    Latest Blog: An Impassioned and Immediate Response to Dan Hodges, Political Writer, Daily Telegraph.
    http://britishpharaoh.wordpress.com/

Banned
    Yes, plus the other gruesome ingredients that give taste to many soft drinks. That goes through the blood system. Inside teeth, in fact. I completely agree that acids attack enamel.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast