Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is Your Current Screen Saver/Computer Background?

What is Your Current Screen Saver/Computer Background?

I always think hard about what I want to go on my computer; I feel that it is a very important trivial decision even if mine is always changing.

Here's mine on my laptop:
    http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...:0&tx=62&ty=72 It is of Damflask, about 4/5 miles from my house, leading to the wonderful Lower Bradfield where I would live if I had the cash. The kids constantly change it though with all sorts of stuff, mostly rabbits.

On my PC, upstairs at the moment I have this:
    http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...1t:429,r:2,s:0

Which is my very own Lower Bradfield. I have meant to replace this with my own photo of this shot from the other day when I was up there but I have not got around to it yet.

What's yours - anything interesting?

Livin' in Slow Motion Hurricane's Avatar

This is mine, which I've had up for a while.
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better, it's not.

I have the Hubble Ultra Deep Field picture, which is absolutely mind-blowing.

http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/arc...eases/2004/07/

Blog Entries
    I made my background image on Wednesday in the garden:

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
    To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits
    in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.”

Helen Keller

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I change is quite frequently. At the moment, it's a picture of a primordial quasar:

I usually go with either a space/nature theme, or else a favourite work of art.
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

Here's mine but I'm thinking of changing it.

"L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

I've just changed it for this.

"L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here's mine. I usually use National Geographic, and they do have some astounding photographs.

http://photography.nationalgeographi...p-namibia-pod/

Everybody has such lovely pictures (love the one of your kitty, EmilMiller! ). But I think I like yours best, Neely. I would love to live there, too.
    Last edited by qimissung; 04-23-2011 at 11:25 PM.
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

Yes some nice and some unusual ones too, plus a nice violin.

I've finally gotten around to uploading my own photo of Lower Bradfield and fixing it as my screen saver, here it is:

At the centre you can just make out the world's best ever post office/café in red, beyond the cricket ground. It sells all sorts of local goodies, fresh loaves, decent jams, the excellent local Our Cow Molly ice cream and things like that. They even have a free book swap for the locals which I like the idea of.

At the top of the hill (Upper Bradfield) you can make out the lovely St Nicolas' Church which has a wealth of great history surrounding it:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_...las,_Bradfield I'm also on speaking terms with the Reverend as I'm organising a school trip out there - the Sheffield Flood which killed 100s in 1864 broke from a dam around the corner. William Horsfield, the chap who first spotted the crack in the dam wall, is buried in the churchyard there, etc, etc.

There is also a small real ale brewery next to the church, Bradfield Brewery, the logo of which is on the umbrella. I have of course tasted their brews and they are quite competent, if a little light for me.

Edit: the other side and a delightful tub of Our Cow Molly:

Last edited by LitNetIsGreat; 04-24-2011 at 02:41 PM.

Blog Entries

Yep, that's my husband right there. I'm into older men.
    "I drag myself out of nightmares each morning and find there's no relief in waking."

Naw you can do better than him, dump him for me. OK, so he's good looking, very rich, talented, well connected, famous, charming etc, etc, but, but...oh never mind.

Blog Entries
    I don't know, he's pretty attractive...but I'll think about it Hahaha.
    "I drag myself out of nightmares each morning and find there's no relief in waking."

Skol'er of Thinkery The Comedian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    “Oh crap”
    -- Hellboy

Blog Entries
    I change it frequently, but at the moment I am using Kowloon Walled City, the place with the highest human density in the world before it was torn down - 33 thousand people on 0.03 square kilometres.
    The image used is something like this.
    If you believe even a half of this post, you are severely mistaken.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast