Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is There a Truth?

Truth is a surprise, lies shock.

Quote Originally Posted by G L Wilson View Post
    If your thoughts are not your own, whose are they?
    Quran asnwer this question that Lord is giving thoughts of good and bad. our work is to differentiate between the two. the best part in doing so is to seek help from Lord.Who says if you read quran you will come to know what is right and what is wrong.

There is exam in both of two, good and bad.
    some time good becomes more worse than bad. its example is like if someone do a good deed and in the end he gets proudier. think others cheap than this good end up at bad. Lord says proud is only for me. each n everything I gives you. than how can you be proudier ?? sometime bad becomes at the end good. like someone did bad thing, come to conclusion and saw the result of bad and select good. so the end result is more important.

in quran there is a verse who shows the absotue command of God " you cant even think or wish if I dont wish" do the experiment for sometime someday. sit calm and decide not to think anything.
    this is also the blessing of God as we see if we take mind like a computer. we can have only those things which we feed in the computer. but mind gave a lot of things which was not feed in mind. if thoughts are our own than there could not be possible any new creation, verse, etc. our work is only consider, differentiate, understand and than pick the best one. which will decide our action and leads us to the result.
    Last edited by usman.khawar; 07-20-2011 at 05:48 AM.

i dont remember exactly the experiments name. its was actually did by some westerns who were surprised by some poetics verses who says like when i see rainbow my heart jumps. they were surprise about the heart functioning. there are different meanings of heart by different people. like science student will explain it just pumping blood organ.

that very research which tells that there are very fine and sophisticated receptors at heart which recieve signals. Same as in mind there are two kind of thoughts good and bad. same there are two lines coming from heart to mind and within seconds it happens. mind gives words and sentences to those lines.
    kindly share the name of experiments if someone read about it. the poet was william wordsworth i think.
    accept my apology to share incomplete work. i read it very carefully but long ago !
    Last edited by usman.khawar; 07-20-2011 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IceM View Post
    Finding truth amongst a changing world isn't easy. How do I know it's even there? How do I know my rationalizations create a false pretense, ascribing a truth when nothing may exist? How do I know there is a beautiful system within the physical system that binds us to scientific, moral and emotional law? How will I know if I find it? And is it subjective? Is my truth any different from your truth?

Is there a truth at all?
    yes there is truth. a reality. also there is a path leading to that reality and truth with open eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by usman.khawar View Post
    Quran asnwer this question that Lord is giving thoughts of good and bad. our work is to differentiate between the two. the best part in doing so is to seek help from Lord.Who says if you read quran you will come to know what is right and what is wrong.

There is exam in both of two, good and bad.
    some time good becomes more worse than bad. its example is like if someone do a good deed and in the end he gets proudier. think others cheap than this good end up at bad. Lord says proud is only for me. each n everything I gives you. than how can you be proudier ?? sometime bad becomes at the end good. like someone did bad thing, come to conclusion and saw the result of bad and select good. so the end result is more important.

in quran there is a verse who shows the absotue command of God " you cant even think or wish if I dont wish" do the experiment for sometime someday. sit calm and decide not to think anything.
    this is also the blessing of God as we see if we take mind like a computer. we can have only those things which we feed in the computer. but mind gave a lot of things which was not feed in mind. if thoughts are our own than there could not be possible any new creation, verse, etc. our work is only consider, differentiate, understand and than pick the best one. which will decide our action and leads us to the result.
    Mohammed was a man. If he made no mistakes, he would be God. Would he not?

my simple anwer is No.

i like to ask a counter question. angels also dont mistake. would you give them the status of God ? can God make a person who doesnt made any mistake ? do u think one dont make mistake is God than what about angels ?

well i read a thread in which u wrote same words"Muhammad was a man" and in reply someone quote a beautiful poem about Mohammad. did u read that ? ..
    Last edited by usman.khawar; 07-25-2011 at 11:39 AM.

my simple anwer is No.

i like to ask a counter question. angels also dont mistake. would you give them the status of God ? can God make a person who doesnt made any mistake ? do u think one dont make mistake is God than what about angels ?

well i read a thread in which u wrote same words"Muhammad was a man" and in reply someone quote a beautiful poem about Mohammad. did u read that ? ..
    I read the poem.

In answer to your counter question, the Koran must be imperfect; for Mohammed was a man, was he not?

I read the poem.

In answer to your counter question, the Koran must be imperfect; for Mohammed was a man, was he not?
    you didnt read what i wrote "why i beleive in God" about Quran ? in short its perfect. no one can point out even a single mistake but some so called intellectuals tried to do that without knowledge. i dont like to explain it again n again. wanna read than read my posts in different threads, tc
    Last edited by usman.khawar; 07-26-2011 at 07:39 AM.

you didnt read what i wrote "why i beleive in God" about Quran ? in short its perfect. no one can point out even a single mistake but some so called intellectuals tried to do that without knowledge. i dont like to explain it again n again. wanna read than read my posts in different threads, tc
    How could any holy book be perfect when men are mortal? is what I mean.

Mortal ! well i know one thing that even me is not mortal even athiest, jews, chiristians, hindus etc too.everyone is immortal once created. no one dies. for me death is the start of new life. for me death is the death of worldy troubles, sorrows etc only. death is for me is the key to come out from this prison(world). one of my great teacher when he was dying, his son asked him how u r feeling? he replied, nothing just converting from one state to another!! . we can decieve ourselves, like a pigion who close his eyes to ignore the truth, like a peacock who hide his head in sand to disregard the reality. the danger which is coming. We, human, are not from the start but we live always. for unlimited time towards infinity.

Mortal ! well i know one thing that even me is not mortal even athiest, jews, chiristians, hindus etc too.everyone is immortal once created. no one dies. for me death is the start of new life. for me death is the death of worldy troubles, sorrows etc only. death is for me is the key to come out from this prison(world). one of my great teacher when he was dying, his son asked him how u r feeling? he replied, nothing just converting from one state to another!! . we can decieve ourselves, like a pigion who close his eyes to ignore the truth, like a peacock who hide his head in sand to disregard the reality. the danger which is coming. We, human, are not from the start but we live always. for unlimited time towards infinity.
    Okay, I will play your game. If men are not mortal, what is the need of a holy book?

Okay, I will play your game. If men are not mortal, what is the need of a holy book?
    what i'll get if you play my game ?
    let me tell you about an incident. my teacher said once that a western person came here and said i was fond of truth. i studied jews, than christians than he named some other reilgions. and finally said i couldnt find the truth with argument, my teacher simply refused him by saying that you cant get the truth with having prejudice in heart n mind. why didnt u give a chance to islam, why didnt you give the chance to Muhammad why didnt you give the chance to quran??. He got ashamed. and after few months came back having a heart without prejudice and got the way. there is gift promissed by God in quran. that He gives his freinds on earth the state of mind " where there is no fear, greif and frustration". the western guy also confirmed this.

anyway ur inquiry " If men are not mortal, what is the need of a holy book? " well this is indeed a very good question. and the simple asnwer is to have know how. what is good and what is bad. what was the truth n lies. straight way. how to live on earth so that you can live in unimaginable comfort n pleasure for ever. as immortal.
    Last edited by usman.khawar; 07-28-2011 at 08:20 AM.

what i'll get if you play my game ?
    Damnation, probably.

anyway ur inquiry " If men are not mortal, what is the need of a holy book? " well this is indeed a very good question. and the simple asnwer is to have know how. what is good and what is bad. what was the truth n lies. straight way. how to live on earth so that you can live in unimaginable comfort n pleasure for ever. as immortal.
    Then men are mortal.

I think all religious, artistic, and philosophical works (and possibly others) are searches for truth. The perfection lies in the attempt but not the result. I look to them as examples left by others, sometimes as guides for my own search, but not definitive truth (if definitive truth exists).

Read some Plato. He'll clear up everything.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast