Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Is There a Truth?

Blog Entries
    IceM, you're not the first to question this.

John 18:38, Pilate said to Him, “What is truth?”
    Les Miserables,
    Volume 1, Fifth Book, Chapter 3
    Remember this, my friends: there are no such things as bad plants or bad men. There are only bad cultivators.

Quote Originally Posted by BienvenuJDC View Post
    IceM, you're not the first to question this.

John 18:38, Pilate said to Him, “What is truth?”
    In other words, who lies?

Perhaps the truth is this: all being is on a predetermined course.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Panglossian View Post
    Perhaps the truth is this: all being is on a predetermined course.
    That would be a boring truth.

To adress the original post, the things you describe in your daily life and the way you percieve it are really no different from anothers, as is your questionings of truth. I myself related to a lot of what you said. Though to question what is truth is like asking what is beyond a blackhole.

The only truths which we see as certain are ones which we create, science is not certain nor is religion nor is self belief.

Can't argue with Descartes though: "Cogito ergo sum".

Quote Originally Posted by usman.khawar View Post
    my simple anwer is No.

i like to ask a counter question. angels also dont mistake. would you give them the status of God ? can God make a person who doesnt made any mistake ? do u think one dont make mistake is God than what about angels ?

well i read a thread in which u wrote same words"Muhammad was a man" and in reply someone quote a beautiful poem about Mohammad. did u read that ? ..
    Angels do make mistakes, they have freewill like us.
    "For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but threw them into hell and locked them up in chains in utter darkness, to be kept until the judgment" - 2 Peter 2:4

Quote Originally Posted by Junglord View Post
    Can't argue with Descartes though: "Cogito ergo sum".
    I can. But when you have argued the point for the umpteenth time, it gets tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Junglord View Post
    Angels do make mistakes, they have freewill like us.
    "For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but threw them into hell and locked them up in chains in utter darkness, to be kept until the judgment" - 2 Peter 2:4
    well according to your argument provided by your holy book, its not mentioned that angels have freewill.

well if i accept it for a while that they sinned just becoz they have free will. than i ask "what do you think about all the systems in and outer world are running in perfect way or in balanced way?

if you say yes than it will against ur statement coz if angels have free will and they can chose bad things as well and can do sins than its impossible for a perfect system. and we see for a long long time everything is running in most balanced way.
    if you say No than obviously its wrong answer as we see the universe is in perfect balance.

what i beleive or muslims believe that angles are like robots. they have been assigned the duties to run all the systems. they do what they have been asked/ordered to do. they are far away from wishes and wants or exams of selection between right and wrong. infact, they are all innocent.

its only human in all the universes who has been given this gift (in islam its "amant e ilm", if some one translate it in english that would be help i m not getting the exact translation of "amanat").

Mind which actual work is to distinguish btw right and wrong, find the truth, recogonize the ultimate reality. mind selects its way among so many well actually from two i.g good and bad. due to this gift human is superior from other creations if human uses it in right way, if human uses it in search of Lord, in remembrance of Lord, and declare that my life's 1st priority is God. whole life priority. with the passage of time priorities change like for students its studies, than job, than childrens etc but what about the whole life's prioirty? on which next unlimited life depends upon. the ist step is to understand mentally that my ist priority is Lord coz He created me for Himself and i have to move in next world into next life. everyone dies so i'll do. no one live on earth forever. i have to give explanation what i did with the gift. whether i recogonize Lord or ignore Him? whether i accept Him or deny Him? whether i try to get nearer to Him?

Some people can give a cheaper argument against the perfect system like force mejure, like floods, famines, earthquacks etc only on earth. they cant/couldnt find any flaw or faults in outer world. there vision doent allow them to look ahead or see in wider scope.
    We see there are billions of systems are running on earth as well. For me its like punishment. punishment for good so that whole humankind think about Lord. Who can do everything against your precautions. for those who think themselves as god. who want to run the world from their order. they dont even bother to think that Lord is the owner of the earth.
    At individual level as well, God sometimes gives punishments on earth so that one stop for a while and think and consider about Him and correct himself so for me this kind of punishment is actually the blessiing of God as well.
    Last edited by usman.khawar; 08-01-2011 at 09:59 AM.

A Student
    I have come to the conclusion in my life that Christ Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life. I have become an evangelical Christian, and Christ is the embodiment of truth.

So, anything can be concluded so far?

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    Naa, let's start over again

What do you define as ''truth''?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234