Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: revenge

I believe in revenge. It is a natural feel to when someone, or something has done harm to us. But I also think you can take revenge to a level that does not to be reached. Example: Someone steals your lunch money, and you go out and steal their car.
    "Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them."
    -Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore

Lover of Microsoft Paint!
    Blog Entries
    AIyah, so long these threads are!

I think revenge is neccessary. The best way is to use their own strategies against them.

Blog Entries
    Revenge is just another name for hatred, but give an honourable spin to make it respectable.

In truth there's no honour in it. Someone commits a despicable act and you react with a despicable act. It's no lss despicable, though the motives are clearer.

What was Sicily like with it's culture of revenge? Vicious if you were caught up in it.

Banned
    I believe in revenge under very extraordinary circumstances. If a person is going to act in vengeance, one should be prepared to pay the price resulting in this karma coming back in some indirect way. I also believe that seeking revenge is wrong.

In the old days there were raids and counter raids carried out on and by my people. Goods, captives and honor were acquried. Some of this stemmed from revenge, but mostly it was a way of life. War and ancient feuds where the object was not to kill all of the enemy as that would end such a pastime and means to acquire goods, captives and honors.

Revenge is never just.

I suppose there are a rare few who have never sought or taken it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Atehequa View Post
    I suppose there are a rare few who have never sought or taken it.
    There are all kinds of revenges - not just the blood feud, eye for an eye type. It's easy to get verbal revenge on someone, or to wait until they are in a vulnerable position, or to lie in wait until some dispute erupts.

The saying revenge is a dish best eaten cold is such a callous view. Biding one's time in a pre-meditated way until someone shows a vulnerability is very cold blooded.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulclem View Post
    There are all kinds of revenges - not just the blood feud, eye for an eye type.
    All kinds indeed

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emmy Castrol View Post
    Do you think the desire for revenge could stem from a suppression of emotion? Like saving up a whole lot of resentment to be released at some future point... sooner or later, it has to be expressed somehow.

I don't think abusive parents should be tolerated but one should try to understand them and the reasons behind their behaviour (usually insecurity or the subconscious continuation of habit).

I still think that revenge shouldn't be acted upon, if it can be helped. The most healthy thing to do is to move somewhere far, far away from them... and to build up a new life there...
    I too am speak from personal experience, maybe teenager or child rebellion streak is revenge at time but the resent stay for forever. It disappear when you die or they die which ever come first.

Tolerated is all well good when you are child with them sort parents, also as adult tolerated parents like is unbearable. As for understand why. No one will never be able answer.

Mine revenge is now be parent and adult choose better life for my kids and be able to express my feelings and imagery creative writing which I love.
    English my native language and have characterizes of dyslexia.

Copyright (C) 2011, Zoolane

I have pass by English Exam.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by virginiawang View Post
    What do you think about revenge? May I have some of your opinions? I think it is a must under some circumstances.
    Sorry what this got with religious text? If you have put this in sub forum, maybe you should have quote to support why you with in this sub forum?
    Last edited by zoolane; 06-08-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zoolane View Post
    Sorry what this got with religious text? If you have put this in sub forum, maybe you should have quote to sport why you with in this sub forum?
    Religion is a revenge on the brutality of callous men.

Revenge is self serving. Christianity is all about serving God and serving others. It's not about seeking answers, guidance, and direction from within yourself. It's about seeking all those things from god through his word which is the Bible. Our self-centered sin nature always wants to take over but it doesn't serve us well.
    I have come to terms with the future. From this day onward I will walk easy on the earth. Plant trees. Kill no living things. Live in harmony with all creatures. I will restore the earth where I am. Use no more of its resources than I need. And listen, listen to what it is telling me.~ M.J. Slim Hooey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blithe spirit View Post
    Revenge is self serving. Christianity is all about serving God and serving others. It's not about seeking answers, guidance, and direction from within yourself. It's about seeking all those things from god through his word which is the Bible. Our self-centered sin nature always wants to take over but it doesn't serve us well.
    OK Grant, if you beleive god that all well and good. What about if you don't any faith then what? What about if you want retribution of any kind e.g violence, con, out do (keep up with Jones)?

The Christian knows all about violence, he cares to ignore his part in it as is his right, for he actually believes that he can ignore it. He believes a lot of things, none of which are true.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast