Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678

Thread: revenge

Quote Originally Posted by WyattGwyon View Post
    Blanket condemnations of revenge only demonstrate a lack of imagination. Consider: Christian preacher condemns gay lifestyle; disaffected former lover outs him. This is revenge that benefits and edifies nearly everyone. Former dictator who tortures and kills his people is publicly and slowly disemboweled. A valuable object lesson and good for almost everyone. No doubt there are countless other examples.
    You have a strange idea of justice, sport.

Sometimes justice is only had by revenge. and how tasty a morsel it is! just dont get obsessed by it.

A Student
    Quote Originally Posted by IceM View Post
    I have abusive parents. I'm speaking from experience.
    For some reason I smell sarcasm. I'm sure it's not intentional; it's just that one friend I have always says they "bow" to my intelligence when they wish to stop arguing. That reminded me of them, with hopes you aren't being sarcastic.

Perhaps they aren't polar opposites. But being able to tolerate means being able to endure. Endurance grants me (personal experience) the ability to forego revenge. As long as I can persevere, I have no reason to retaliate.

Another form of experience: I supress my emotions quite often. Seems coincidental, I'm sure, to have my experiences come up instantaneously.

I've only ever admitted emotional repercussions from my parents to my best friends. But I act perfectly normal. I function very well amongst others. Of course, underlying doubt in oneself, negative self-esteem and an underlying lack of self-worth sometimes aren't easy to detect. I only confess it here under anonymity. But once again, I refer to my ability to tolerate, which I link synonymously to endurance; enduring eliminates revenge. It makes oneself stronger.

Also too, understanding and accepting a parent's reason for abusive behavior is tolerance of their views. I use it loosely, under many pretences, but my ability to endure above all else makes any strife I may have much less of an issue.
    I always find endurance to be internal. Newborn sensations and long-standing sentiments must be stored somewhere. My endurance is the ability to psychologically withstand emotional damage by philosophically rationalizing them.

Perhaps the self-satisfaction in knowing one can frequently endure channels out the energy as you suggest. Knowing one can persevere makes persevering easier. I just find myself feeling otherwise.
    I want to take an opportunity to recant ALL of these statements here, and to confess my sin of lying and fabricating an experience.

I never lived in an abusive context. I never had abusive parents. I lied about these things and waxed poetic about things I have no knowledge of, and I'm sorry for that. I confess that to this community.

Although this post is almost a decade old, I confess to alleviate my conscience. An additional benefit of my confession is that, for people who, through whatever means, stumble or stumbled upon this thread and read my comments and were influenced by them, my comments could lead people to form conclusions or assumptions about those who live under abusive parents, and these assumptions based on my lies could lead to misinformation. So this post serves as a confession of false information, as well as a desire not to misinform anyone else moving forward.

This ancient thread was less than civil.
    "Love does not alter the beloved, it alters itself"

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678