Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Laurie/Jo/Amy/The old german man

Unregistered

No Subject

I think it's good that Laurie and Jo didn't marry because they are too similar. And Laurie realised that he thought he loved Jo because they were such good friends and got on so well.

Unregistered

...sniffle...

that is what i was thinking too. i mean, good for Amy, but why did Jo choose the old guy? its sad

Unregistered

No Subject

Don't diss Prof. Baer, he loved Jo very much and she loved him. He was smart, funny, and loved kids. They had that in common, yet they were able to give each other something that they didn't have on their own. He kept Jo grounded and she gave him adventure. They were willing to accept that from each other. Laurie's affection for Jo was too proud.

Unregistered

No Subject

i agree. i was so upset when Jo kept refusing his proposal.

Andie

No Subject

Laurie did not really love Jo, it was just a childhood crush. And " the old German Man" did not have to be handsome. That isn't everything. Remeber, the Marches were just normal people themselves, not strikingly beautiful, either. Like I've said before, Jo wasn't suited for the rich life, but Amy was. Laurie was well suited for Amy, and they had a beautiful life together. In Little Men and Jo's Boys, you will read about their child, and about Jo's children,too.

Unregistered

No Subject

i think that jo and laurie should have married becuase of their similarities. its always best to be married to someone who is so much alike you and knows you very well. jo and laurie were made for eachother. they were such good friends and would have been perfect for eachother.

Unregistered

Laurie and Jo

I thought Amy and Laurie made a good couple because Laurie could dote on Amy. Jo wouldn't have liked that kind of attention from him.

Unregistered

No Subject

Has anyone here read Charlotte Bronte's Villette? If so, doesn't it seem that Lucy's relationship with professor Emmanuel is very much like Jo's with her"professor?" I wonder if Louisa May Alcott read Villette and if she was influenced by it.

Unregistered

No Subject

I agree Jo and Laurie should have gotten married that is the part of the book that I don't like. Jo and Laurie were made for eachother I can't believe he married Amy!

Unregistered

No Subject

I agree. I think Teddy and Jo should be together in the first place too. It's such a pity.

laurel

Laurie and Jo

Yes i must say, i was quite angry that Jo and laurie did not end up together. They would ahve made a perfect couple because they loved each other alot. But Jo did love Baer too. The way things turned out did make sense cause the Jo and laurie did mature in two different directions. Despite it all i still think Jo and laurie belong together. I think it would be really great if someone wrote a spin off as to "if Jo said yes to Laurie"

Unregistered

No Subject

That is so right I mean the German guy he was OK but like he was old and so not Laurie. And I bet he was like ugly too. I think she should have married Laurie I mean he sounds HOT!!

Joanie

Lauie & Jo

I quite agree that Laurie and Jo should've ended up together! Laurie's love for Jo was portrayed very realistically, his behaviour was so deeply felt you could really relate to him. His love for Amy felt artificial and too quick to be true. Certainly she is more fitting in regard to his station, but I kinda though that what the Alcott was trying to say in the book was that station isn't half as important as character and kindness...<br>Also, as someone mentioned above, Amy is just too boring for Laurie. Jo calling him 'my boy' and 'Teddy' and having all those little fights with him was so much more life-like and interesting.<br><br>As to Prof. Baehr, he sounds more like a fatherly figure, not only because of his age, but also because of all his laid-back behaviour and need for somebody to look after him... I'm not sure Jo really knew what love is when she decided to love and marry him.

mel

Jo andLaurieand theGerman

i think JO and Laurie should have gottin together and got married and had children. But i was happy at the end when Jo found the German guy and they fell in love.

Unregistered

No Subject

I agree, I think that Jo and Laurie would have made a great couple, they were made for eachother. Of course I think that Laurie should have kept on asking, like Gilbert in Anne of Green Gables. I really did not like that part of the book when she refused him...I'm sad, they would have made such a great couple, instead of Jo and that old profesor guy....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast