Not every book is made to suit every person. Every person is entitled to their own opinion and no one should flame these opinions just because they clash with your own. The one thing I do object to is the shallowness of some of these critiques. I am curious to know of other reasons some readers dislike this novel and not just because it's too lengthy, boring and the such. Most of these are physical characteristics and I would like to know what you disliked in the characters and the story as a whole (other than the conclusion that it is boring).<br><br> I read it for the first time and was warmly advised to do so by quite a few people. I borrowed it from a friend with anticipation and curiosity. It is a good book I enjoyed it and was able to contemplate his (R's) way. This book needs at least a second read. The first read is acquaintance but the second is understanding, in my humble view point. <br><br> It's a delicate topic that can be debated upon to infinity - can a bad deed (in general) be justified by a future greater cause? If all arguments are in favor than the next question would be - will this person be able to live with themselves? If he/she got as far as that than he/she should not even question the moral issue since the whole deed has been justified by the majority. Justified by 'the greater cause'... You see and hear it yourself: wars are waged for a greater cause, for an alleged better future, for humanitarian reasons, for all sorts of things that some of us think is hypocritical and cynical. And they do all those things in the name of the law...<br><br> The ending of the book was a surprise to me. I thought that it was going to end with somber but it ended with hope and most of all with love. The very ending got me thinking: is it really so that honest, true, devotional, patient love can really see us through even such ghastly dwelling places and circumstances of mind, body, soul and life in general? I would like to believe so, for my sake... ... "That might be the subject of a new story, but our present story is ended." <br>