Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Seeking Summary Writers

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Summaries I take need to be chapter by chapter, and generally you'd want around 500 words per chapter, unless nothing at all happens.
    Which sometimes can happen if you get an author that likes to talk about the scenery or goes off on some tirade about an issue that vexes them.
    I don't care if the glass is half full or half empty, I'm just glad to have a glass.

I'm still working on Don Quixote--though since I have to use this site's version, it is going more slowly. Reading on a computer screen is hard on the eyes. However, I do hope to wrap it up by the middle of May at the latest.

I was worried about claiming Little Dorrit because SribbleScribe had claimed it--and I realized he/she does still visit the site. However, it seems it is very sporadic, and I assume he/she didn't follow up on this. I therefore claim it--though if he/she is doing it, please let me know.

I know this might seem a little crazy of me, but I'm also claiming Edgar Allan Poe's short stories and Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. I don't think the short stories are going to take a lot of time, and I need to read Austen in small sessions. I like reading several books at a time, as it prevents me from getting bored. I haven't noticed it affects my work. If I have a problem, I'll unclaim one.

@Admin--if you have a specific way you want the short stories done, please let me know. Also, I'm assuming the cost is going to be different for them, so can you let me know?
    I don't care if the glass is half full or half empty, I'm just glad to have a glass.

Wow! I'd like to try this. Is there any way to find out which titles have been claimed or remain unclaimed?

Yeah. You can go through this list first and see who has claimed what.

OR, you can go to to the Author List, which is on the main index forum page. You click on the particular author. Usually, you select the very top link that says something like the person's works and biography. After that, you look on the left side for the particular work. To find out if there are summaries, you click on on the Summary tab at the left (it looks dimmed, but you can select it). To find out if there are quizzes, you click on the Quiz tab that is in the middle, which is after the Introduction tab.

As far as I know, My2Cents has done a lot of Shakespeare. I've done a lot of Dickens, but there are still some titles left (Admin is only interested in the major works). I'm also doing Don Quixote. I've claimed Edgar Allan Poe's short stories, Dickens Little Dorrit, and Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice. Admin seems to want to get the Dickens done, but there are the other titles.

For the Dickens, I've done Martin Chuzzlewit, A Christmas Carol, The Old Curiosity Shop, A Tale of Two Cities, Nicholas Nickleby, Great Expectations, and Oliver Twist. I think that is everything.

If you do claim something, you have to be given entrance to the mysterious WRiter's Lounge that isn't commonly seen (it will be under the General Tab on the main forum index page, just under Book and Author requests). Admin or Logos are probably the ones to ask.

Be sure to claim something officially on this thread--and if you give up, please let us know too.

Quote Originally Posted by mothball View Post
    Wow! I'd like to try this. Is there any way to find out which titles have been claimed or remain unclaimed?
    All of Shakespeare's plays are done. Sorry.

I'll give Dickens a shot. I claim Pickwick Papers.

I retract my claim to Pickwick Papers. Something's come up and until I have it addressed and settled, Dickens will have to wait. Sorry SilentMute.

No problem, My2. Thanks for notifying us.

Life's vicissitudes. So unpredictable. _Pickwick Papers_, I'm on it again.

Blog Entries
    Could I claim these if they are free? Bleak House, Frankenstein and Little Women?
    I'm nobody, who are you?
    Are you nobody too?
    There's a pair of us, don't tell!
    They'd banish us, you know!

How dreary to be somebody!

Blog Entries
    Admin, Could you please get back to me on this?
    I'm nobody, who are you?
    Are you nobody too?
    There's a pair of us, don't tell!
    They'd banish us, you know!

How dreary to be somebody!

@Admin--Don Quixote is completed, though I haven't sent you the copyright transfer yet. I wrote you a letter explaining how some changes have caused some confusion, and I'm worried I won't receive the payment. My post office is also changing locations this month, or else I'd ask for a check.

Anyway, once the confusion is sorted out, I'll contact you and tell you which payment method I wish. I can send the copyright transfer now, so long as it is noted that I haven't been paid yet. I definitely want to be paid for this book, which was more trouble to do.

@Admin--change of plans. I'm sending you another address of another paypal account for you to deposit the amount in. This probably won't be permanent--but until everything sorts out, I'll use this one.

Please note that I did the summaries, an introduction, and quiz--which is already submitted.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast