View Poll Results: Please vote for your favorite story by March 1st.

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fuego

0 0%
  • Unwelcome Guests

2 16.67%
  • You Ooze, You Lose

5 41.67%
  • An Integration Memory

4 33.33%
  • Taking the Stairs

1 8.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: February '11 Elimination

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar

February '11 Elimination

Please vote for the story you like best and the winner will be taking part in the final vote at the end of the year.

Discussion of the stories, to avoid influencing the outcome of the poll, are not allowed.

If contributers would like to ask questions, they should email us at [email protected].

Please note that the authors agree to keep their identities secret when they enter the competition.
    Those who breach this rule will be disqualified automatically.

Good luck, everyone!

Competition Rules
    Note: This poll will close on March 1, 2010.
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Already half-way through but only seven votes in yet?

*palm to forehead*
    ~
    ~

I loved the stories, all of them. But as Cap'n Pike 'splained to me last time - you gotta make a choice. So I did.

Keep pumping out the short fiction, folks. It's the sort of thing that makes life worth living.
    Uhhhh...

Quote Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    I loved the stories, all of them. But as Cap'n Pike 'splained to me last time - you gotta make a choice. So I did.

It is oat and raisin this time (my favorite).

And I should send a whole box of them to Cap'n as he managed to persuade you!
    ~
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Scheherazade View Post

It is oat and raisin this time (my favorite).

And I should send a whole box of them to Cap'n as he managed to persuade you!
    Put some pecans, walnuts and chocolate chips in those suckers and you can count me in...
    Actually, I'm embarrassed to say that after being here over a year, I needed a map to find my way; it's not quite on the general chat line highway

Mmmm, oat and raisin, Sancho's new favorite.
    Uhhhh...

Quote Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    Mmmm, oat and raisin, Sancho's new favorite.
    ...Ah, but have you tried those girlscout minty chocolate wafers

Blog Entries
    Those are my favorite. I always buy a box and eat them in a couple of days.
    Dostoevsky gives me more than any scientist.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. - Albert Einstein

I’ll tell ‘ya, those midgets come ‘round to my house every year, wearing their little green uniforms, peddling their wares, and there I am: stuck with ten cases of thin chocolate mints and peanut-butter sandwich cookies. I can eat a whole box of thin chocolate mints in one sitting. I think I sent a whole troop of North Georgia Girl Scouts to Disney World last year.

Looks like the voting is tight this go-around.
    Uhhhh...

Blog Entries
    But you know , it's for a good cause. Cookie sales is a big part of the girl scout budget and they depend on it to be able to do a lot of things. I'm glad to help them out.

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world. - Albert Einstein

I'm always in a bit of a quandry when those little perfectly groomed, snaggle-toothed girls come to my door...or even worse, when they lie in wait (with their moms) right outside the grocery store automatic doors...

I want those minty, delectable, orgasmic cookies; but must I have an encounter with the stepford moms and their offspring

My-my, don’t these threads take off in unusual directions.

Well then, back on topic. I think we have enough here for a story; here’s the set-up:

A young girl (perhaps the one in the picture above), has some cookies to sell, and she needs to sell them fast - real fast. She’s been sitting on a truckload of thin-mints and peanut-butter sandwich cookies for over a week and people are starting to ask questions - hard questions. If that truck ain’t outta here in the next 24 hours, bad things will happen - really bad things. First, The North Georgia Girl Scouts will forfeit their DisneyWorld E-tickets and probably wind up at 6-Flags again this year. And Second, well, I don’t really remember what’s second; I’m still trying to come to grips with what’s first.

Anyway, she has a plan. Maybe not a great plan, but it’s a plan. And in this mean old world, one thing's for sure: a girl with a crummy plan is better than no girl at all. I mean…wait, oh never mind.

She knows one thing for sure: Uncle Sancho has a sweet tooth and he needs a fix.

Okay, she knows two things for sure, Uncle Sancho has a sweet tooth and so does Sound-O-Music.

Okay, okay, okay, she knows three things for sure, Sancho and Sound-O want their cookies and Jassy Melson is a socially aware do-gooder. Jassy ought to be good for a few boxes.

And that shoud just about take of things.

(Sorry everybody, I get carried away with the moment sometimes)
    Uhhhh...

Blog Entries
    good start--and as everyone knows who writes, the beginning is all-important

Great beginning Uncle Sancho...that name has a ring to it...

by the way, what are we going to name our Kim Bassinger look alike girl scout...she has a Katie look...

Okay, Katie the girl scouts bus stop happens to be just outside a work camp for delinquent exchange students who have nothing to entertain themselves each night after their 7pm mandatory bedtime.
    Katie gets the idea that if she sneaks 1 card in each box of cookies, the boys will continue buying cookies to have a complete deck of playing cards...

Uncle Sancho’s stonewalling, the bastard. He’s loaded and I know it. You’d think he could throw a little something my way, but no. Says he’s got a supplier in town, south of Ponce, some two-bit cookie whore. I need to talk to my people about this; they’ll apply some pressure, if you know what I mean. We’ll get a couple of medieval red-neck boys up there, with a hi-voltage cattle prod and an attitude. That ought to take care of Sancho, the bastard.

You know, this stuff seems so much funnier after a few. So, my apologies to anybody not – fortified.
    Uhhhh...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast