Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Mozart, 'Genius' and Exam Fakery (1770)

Banned
    Lokasenna,

Here is some free information that will help you in your studies.

Unless/until you have actually read the subject of a thread you should avoid making a fool of yourself in talking on a subject you know zero about.

If/when you finally open the PDF please post us your thoughts on its content.

You are coming across as one seriously dumbed down kid who wishes to share the fact of his complete ignorance with anyone who reads this thread.

Luca Bianchini
    ''The Two Antifonas (1770)''

aka 'Mozart, 'Genius' and Exam Fakery (1770)''

http://www.mediafire.com/?y6x6caeo2a84yfj
    Last edited by Musicology; 01-30-2011 at 03:53 PM.

Artist and Bibliophile stlukesguild's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh yes! As one who studies mythologies, our modern myth-making is just as psychologically fascinating to me as those our forefathers dreamed up.

True... if only Robert and Yanni's posts weren't so top-heavy with deadened pseudo documentation they might be worthy of a mythology ala Borges... or at least Umberto Eco. Perhaps they both might do well to learn from Borges considering restraint... reservation... simplicity... and clarity.

And Wolfgang never went to school in his entire lifetime. Not a single day !

Neither did Einstien. Oh, hang on - you don't believe in him either, do you old boy? What about Dickens, Bruckner, Churchill, Benjamin Franklin, Robert Frost, C. S. Lewis, Mendelssohn, Shaw and Twain, to name but a few of the many famous people who never went to school.

And don't forget William Blake. And all that's known of Leonardo da Vinci's education is that he made some informal studies in Latin... but he's probably fake, too. And then there's J.S. Bach (Ah! Bach!). Who were his teachers? His father and older brother. Sounds somewhat familiar. And Picasso? Again studied under his father... a mediocre painter and teacher. How can the student possibly have excelled the teacher?
    Beware of the man with just one book. -Ovid
    The man who doesn't read good books has no advantage over the man who can't read them.- Mark Twain
    My Blog: Of Delicious Recoil
    http://stlukesguild.tumblr.com/

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The pejorative nature of Musicology's posts makes me very hesitant to believe anything he has to say.

And, I read over the PDF. It contains no facts that I found, just speculation.
    Last edited by Mutatis-Mutandis; 01-30-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Banned
    Hi there St Lukesguild,

Can you show me an example of what you call 'pseudo-documentation' in the subject under discussion ? That is, from the PDF already posted on Mozart's music exam in Bologna of 1770. I look forward to seeing an example.

The only 'pseduo documentation' is what has been written on that subject over the past 200 years in 'expert' books and articles, as is shown in the contents of the PDF itself. You have read it, haven't you ? Here is the PDF once again. Please show us which document presented here is of that kind -

Luca Bianchini
    ''The Two Antifonas (1770)''

aka 'Mozart, 'Genius' and Exam Fakery (1770)''

http://www.mediafire.com/?y6x6caeo2a84yfj

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stlukesguild View Post
    Oh yes! As one who studies mythologies, our modern myth-making is just as psychologically fascinating to me as those our forefathers dreamed up.

True... if only Robert and Yanni's posts weren't so top-heavy with deadened pseudo documentation they might be worthy of a mythology ala Borges... or at least Umberto Eco. Perhaps they both might do well to learn from Borges considering restraint... reservation... simplicity... and clarity.
    No, Wolfgang Mozart never went to school for a single day in his entire life. Nor did he ever study music under any recognised teacher. At any time. This fact may explain why his early manuscripts are a total musical disaster, as we see here with the actual exam paper made in Bologna in 1770, at the age of 14 - the one they never show you in the textbooks. (Because the one you usually see is the later version given to him in Bologna by Padre Martini). Which is what this PDF is already about. You already know this, don't you ? Having read the PDF. Right ?

Which part of this message do you not understand yet ?

Show us some evidence of Mozart's musical studies under the valet/seller of music Leopold Mozart ? Can you show us any evidence of Leopold Mozart teaching harmony and voices to his son in the entire Mozart family literature ? Can you show us evidence of Leopold teaching music to anyone during his entire lifetime ? He did nothing but copy existing music. That is a plain, indisputable fact. Show us differently. Let's stop the fairy stories.

There is no major composer in the entire history of western music who has written major works without studying under recognised teachers of music. Not one. Let's stop this mythology when the facts so plainly contradict the fictions. Does this make sense to you ? To write masses, symphonies, concertos, and operas you have to know what you are doing. Right ? Does this contradict your education ? Mozart at the age of 14 knew virtually nothing of harmony or voices. This is able to be shown by dozens of examples. A clear case already given here in the PDF. And there are dozens more. Let's stop the mythology. Have you any idea of the music he is credited with writing before and after Bologna 1770 ? Does it interest you that it too shows dozens of proofs of NOT being by W.A. Mozart ?

That doesn't matter also. Of course. It never does. LOL. You have been grossly misinformed. Why not consider the actual evidence from both sides and then form your verdict. Because, at the moment you frankly have nothing except to repeat popular fiction.

More articles will follow on the music of Mozart's early career. The same story once again. And once again you will ignore it, because the facts contradict your textbooks. A pattern is emerging here of facts versus popular fictions. As usual.

Quote Originally Posted by stlukesguild View Post
    And Wolfgang never went to school in his entire lifetime. Not a single day !

Neither did Einstien. Oh, hang on - you don't believe in him either, do you old boy? What about Dickens, Bruckner, Churchill, Benjamin Franklin, Robert Frost, C. S. Lewis, Mendelssohn, Shaw and Twain, to name but a few of the many famous people who never went to school.

And don't forget William Blake. And all that's known of Leonardo da Vinci's education is that he made some informal studies in Latin... but he's probably fake, too. And then there's J.S. Bach (Ah! Bach!). Who were his teachers? His father and older brother. Sounds somewhat familiar. And Picasso? Again studied under his father... a mediocre painter and teacher. How can the student possibly have excelled the teacher?

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Aw, M! No long post for me to play with?

Here is some free information that will help you in your studies.
    Doubtful, unless Mozart was a Viking.

you should avoid making a fool of yourself
    But you make it look so much fun, dear boy!

talking on a subject you know zero about
    Says the fellow who apparently hasn't heard of Leopold Mozart. Slightly hypocritical, my dear chap!

If/when you finally open the PDF please post us your thoughts on its content.
    Alas, like Tantalus, I am tormented by the apple (of slightly ropey knowledge) hanging ever above me, ever unreachable.

You are coming across as one seriously dumbed down kid
    You know, I have often wondered how old you think I am. It's really flattering to be considered so young! I really should update that profile picture.

who wishes to share the fact of his complete ignorance with anyone who reads this thread.
    I was not aware that the dissemination of ignorance in this thread was your singular right and privilege - my apologies for stepping on your toes, old boy!

"I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

Banned
    You have read the PDF and found no facts in it ? LOL

So the music librarian of the Bologna Academy (who studied and wrote on two different versions of the exam paper in Mozart's hand) was wrong and the textbooks (which have ignored this fact for over 150 years) are right. Since those textbooks published the version of Padre Martini (and not that actually made by W.A. Mozart) !!! It's hilarious. That fact has been around since the mid 19th century. But it features in none of the textbooks.

I think you are a fruitcake. A clown. I think (and know) this article is not for you. Have another beer and watch the match. You deserve one. Nobody fools you, right ? Read p. 12-14. No, I've a better idea, just have another beer and watch the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutatis-Mutandi View Post
    The pejorative nature of Musicology's posts makes me not believe anything he has to say.

And, I read over the PDF. It contains no facts that I found, just speculation.
    Do they laugh at you at school ? I wonder why.

Do yourself a service. Get to a computer and read the PDF. Can you handle such a task ?

But hey, just have another beer and read some more Nietzsche. It will dumb you down even more and they will think you so smart !

I know a friend who keeps a horse. It knows more of music than you do. As for Nietschze he fell under one. And went mad in the last year of his life. Have another beer and watch the match. The way smart kids do.

Poor Mr Nietszche -

On January 3, 1889, Nietzsche suffered a mental collapse. Two policemen approached him after he caused a public disturbance in the streets of Turin. What actually happened remains unknown, but an often-repeated tale states that Nietzsche witnessed the whipping of a horse at the other end of the Piazza Carlo Alberto, ran to the horse, threw his arms up around its neck to protect the horse, and then collapsed to the ground.
    Hmmpfh !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lokasenna View Post
    Aw, M! No long post for me to play with?

Doubtful, unless Mozart was a Viking.

But you make it look so much fun, dear boy!

Says the fellow who apparently hasn't heard of Leopold Mozart. Slightly hypocritical, my dear chap!

Alas, like Tantalus, I am tormented by the apple (of slightly ropey knowledge) hanging ever above me, ever unreachable.

You know, I have often wondered how old you think I am. It's really flattering to be considered so young! I really should update that profile picture.

I was not aware that the dissemination of ignorance in this thread was your singular right and privilege - my apologies for stepping on your toes, old boy!

Please, dear moderators, do not close this thread or edit his texts.

Truth is hard to handle, but we can do it.

Please.

Banned
    Yes, JCamilo,

I hope no texts are edited. Including those from fools who don't even read the document. Truth is a stubborn thing. It grows up between the concrete blocks. And there is lots more. It matters that it does so. Because you see the alternative.

Best wishes

Quote Originally Posted by JCamilo View Post
    Please, dear moderators, do not close this thread or edit his texts.

Truth is hard to handle, but we can do it.

Please.

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

~ Evelyn Beatrice Hall ~

Since this thread does not serve its original purpose, it will now be closed.

Those who insist on resorting to inflammatory comments will receive infraction points without any further warnings.
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234