Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 133

Thread: Is Quran Biased?

  1. #91
    You... are beautiful
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    34
    [QUOTE=HCabret;1301555]does it portray polytheists in a positive light?

    non muslims inclusive of polytheists.


    Quote Originally Posted by HCabret View Post
    "Womenfolk"? Are males and females presented as being equal in Quran?
    define equal?

    Quote Originally Posted by HCabret View Post
    is there a male god and a female god?
    refer to post # 75

  2. #92
    You... are beautiful
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by HCabret View Post
    The fact that the Quran implores people to give up their own beliefs and instead adopt Islam is bias. A universal piece of literature would not force people to give up their beliefs.
    Implore? Force? Really where? Can you bring any proof for your allegations? the point is you are making numerous numbers of preposterous claims to support your misconceptions before making a thorough research. It seems your judgement are based on your line of reasoning alone.

    In chapter # 109:

    1 - Say, "O disbelievers,
    2 - I do not worship what you worship.
    3 - Nor are you worshippers of what I worship.
    4 - Nor will I be a worshipper of what you worship.

    5 - Nor will you be worshippers of what I worship.
    6 - For you is your religion, and for me is my religion."


    A question, which Quran translation are you using that is, IF you are using one, can you tell us?

    Quote Originally Posted by HCabret View Post
    Islam and the Quran is a long ways away from Goddess Worship and The Mists of Avalon, however.
    There is no concept in Islamic religion of its followers even converting to worshipping a male or female form, ever. Btw goddess is not the feminine expression of God.
    Last edited by Soul cu Item; 07-28-2015 at 04:04 AM.

  3. #93
    You... are beautiful
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by HCabret View Post
    beacause the topic of this thread is whether or not the Quran is biased or not. This is a literature forum, not a forum for discussing the merits of any given religion.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCabret View Post
    There are many female Hindu gods and there are no gods in Jainism or Buddhism. The usage of masculine language in the text if the Quran is a sign a bias towards males.
    Your comments in this post contradicts the one you made in previously. So what are you implying that ( those who are) having a female god will have a positive impact on the treatment of the female subjects?

    Arent you championing certain principles and morals of a said given religion , in the face of another, by resorting to cutting and pasting others beliefs, (which according to your line of reasoning is faulty) to demerit it?

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    594
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul cu Item View Post

    non muslims inclusive of polytheists.
    so the the Quran endorses, or at least tolerates, polytheism?




    define equal?
    1.
    a person or thing considered to be the same as another in status or quality.
    "we all treat each other as equals"
    synonyms: equivalent, peer, fellow, coequal, like; More

  5. #95
    You... are beautiful
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by HCabret View Post
    The Quran was
    1-written by males

    2-about males

    3-for the benefit of males.

    1- This has already been clarified in one of the earliest posts of this thread, refer to post #9

    2- only males? there is a verse in Quran which was revealed, as a proof of a woman's innocence ( who was slandered) and thus clarifying and restoring her dignity.

    3- as mentioned before, in various chapters ( 23 & 33) there are verses concerning women dealing on there day to day issues and offering solutions to it.

    Posts after posts of twisting facts, selectively resorting interpret doctrines out of context (simply on the basis of ones line of reasoning that" as they thought so, so it is"), it is high time to be be respectful of others sensitive beliefs by at least researching about some facts.



    Quote Originally Posted by HCabret View Post
    the topic of this thread is about whether Quran is biased or not. The Quran is the Muslim holy text. There are many female Hindu gods and there are no gods in Jainism or Buddhism. The usage of masculine language in the text if the Quran is a sign a bias towards males.
    Really!! are you comparing one religion to another? Presenting ones merit(according to you) to demerit another?

    This is not a preschool playground where kids squabble on ones superiority by claiming the superhuman strength of ones father or fighting whose Mom sings a better lullaby.
    Last edited by Soul cu Item; 07-28-2015 at 04:05 AM.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    594
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul cu Item View Post
    Implore? Force? Really where? Can you bring any proof for your allegations? the point is you are making numerous numbers of preposterous claims to support your misconceptions before making a thorough research. It seems your judgement are based on your line of reasoning alone.
    The Quran requires that people worship only one god and that they follow a certain set of religious rules and laws.

    the point is you are making numerous numbers of preposterous claims to support your misconceptions before making a thorough research. It seems your judgement are based on your line of reasoning alone becuase there is no such verse saying in Quran
    I am only asking. Does the Quran allow polytheists into the Muslim afterlife or not? Are women allowed to be in positions of authority?


    There is no concept in Islamic religion of its followers even converting to worshipping a male or female form, ever. Btw goddess is not the feminine expression of God.
    The word "goddess" refers to a female deity. There are many female gods in other literature, but the Quran does not feature a single female god.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    594
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul cu Item View Post
    1- This has already been clarified in one of the earliest posts of this thread, refer to post # 9.

    Posts after posts of twisting facts, selectively resorting interpret doctrines out of context (simply on the basis of ones line of reasoning that" as they thought so, so it is"), it is high time to be be respectful of others sensitive beliefs by at least researching about some facts.

    2- only males? there is a verse in Quran which was revealed, as a proof of a woman's innocence ( who was slandered) and thus clarifying and restoring her dignity.

    3- as mentioned before, in various chapters ( 23 & 33) there are verses concerning women dealing on there day to day issues and offering solutions to it.

    Posts after posts of twisting facts, selectively resorting interpret doctrines out of context (simply on the basis of ones line of reasoning that" as they thought so, so it is"), it is high time to be be respectful of others sensitive beliefs by at least researching about some facts.





    Really!! are you comparing one religion to another? Presenting ones merit(according to you) to demerit another?

    This is not a preschool playground where kids squabble on ones superiority by claiming the superhuman strength of ones father or fighting whose Mom sings a better lullaby.
    This thread, and entire forum, is about literature, not religion. Bias is a not bad thing, as I stated before. The Quran is biased towards Muslims to the detriment of those who reject Islam.

    The Quran, in the context of this thread and forum, is an example of medieval Arab literature and not an infallible, uncritiqueable holy text. The Quran is open to interpretation, as is any of other piece of literature. I appreciate that you hold an opinion which differs from my own; I hope that you understand that you position is not shared by either me or the majority of humanity. Most people accept the Quean as great work of world literature, but not as a divine creation.
    Last edited by HCabret; 07-27-2015 at 05:50 PM.

  8. #98
    You... are beautiful
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by HCabret View Post
    This thread, and entire forum, is about literature, not religion. Bias is a not bad thing, as I stated before. The Quran is biased towards Muslims to the detriment of those who reject Islam.

    The Quran, in the context of this thread and forum, is an example of medieval Arab literature and not an infallible, uncritiqueable holy text. The Quran is open to interpretation, as is any of other piece of literature. I appreciate that you hold an opinion which differs from my own; I hope that you understand that you position is not shared by either me or the majority of humanity.

    Of course, you or anyone is free to believe in or reject any concept, doctrines ( as stated in in previous posts) and no one is forcing or imploring anyone to give up their faith.


    Quote Originally Posted by HCabret View Post
    Most people accept the Quean as great work of world literature, but not as a divine creation.
    Yes and the other,more than 20 percent of the world population, consider it to be a divine revelation and its not a matter concern what others think so.
    Last edited by Soul cu Item; 07-28-2015 at 06:06 AM.

  9. #99
    You... are beautiful
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by HCabret View Post
    The Quran requires that people worship only one god and that they follow a certain set of religious rules and laws.

    I am only asking. Does the Quran allow polytheists into the Muslim afterlife or not? Are women allowed to be in positions of authority?


    The word "goddess" refers to a female deity. There are many female gods in other literature, but the Quran does not feature a single female god.
    So what. If your or anyone`s belief is inclined towards faith(s) that considers there Supreme entity to be either a male or female, you are free in your selection. No one is imposing their set of beliefs on anyone.

  10. #100
    You... are beautiful
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by HCabret View Post

    The Quran is not a universal document and does not conform to the conceptions of religion which the vast majority of human beings hold. It is biased towards Muslims, while excluding all those who are not.
    It seems after every lengthy discussion its back to square one.

    Quote Originally Posted by HCabret View Post
    The Quran requires that people worship only one god and that they follow a certain set of religious rules and laws.

    I am only asking. Does the Quran allow polytheists into the Muslim afterlife or not? Are women allowed to be in positions of authority?
    Asking? Does this post below, seems like making an inquiry?

    Quote Originally Posted by HCabret View Post
    The fact that the Quran implores people to give up their own beliefs and instead adopt Islam is bias. A universal piece of literature would not force people to give up their beliefs.
    Can your quote the source? or which author`s translaton you are using?

    Since it is obvious from your comments and posts that you do not refer to/quote from the original text in Arabic, where it doesn't recommends or encourages forcible conversion of non Muslims nor in any in the translated works of Pickthall, Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din al-Hilali, Abdalqadir as-Sufi, Muhammad Asad, Abdul Majid Daryabadi , Arthur Arberry , M.A.S. Abdel-Haleem, Muhammad Taqi Usmani , Dr. Ahmad Zaki Hammad , Wahiduddin Khan, Sarwar and many other who are reputed scholars and professionals in their own right.


    As stated before, everyone is free to have their own set of beliefs and theories but just not at the expense of twisting and misinterpreting facts.It is time consuming to research and collect reliable sources, so if you are interested in prolonging this the discussion it would be better if you first brought evidence of the facts that you made in post above and enlighten us in which translated work was that fallacious judgment based on.

  11. #101
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    594
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul cu Item View Post
    It seems after every lengthy discussion its back to square one.



    Asking? Does this post below, seems like making an inquiry?



    Can your quote the source? or which author`s translaton you are using?

    Since it is obvious from your comments and posts that you do not refer to/quote from the original text in Arabic, where it doesn't recommends or encourages forcible conversion of non Muslims nor in any in the translated works of Pickthall, Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din al-Hilali, Abdalqadir as-Sufi, Muhammad Asad, Abdul Majid Daryabadi , Arthur Arberry , M.A.S. Abdel-Haleem, Muhammad Taqi Usmani , Dr. Ahmad Zaki Hammad , Wahiduddin Khan, Sarwar and many other who are reputed scholars and professionals in their own right.


    As stated before, everyone is free to have their own set of beliefs and theories but just not at the expense of twisting and misinterpreting facts.It is time consuming to research and collect reliable sources, so if you are interested in prolonging this the discussion it would be better if you first brought evidence of the facts that you made in post above and enlighten us in which translated work was that fallacious judgment based on.
    What facts am I missing? Does the Quran actually endorse polytheism? Or are polytheists going to the Muslim "hell"?

  12. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    594
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul cu Item View Post
    Of course, you or anyone is free to believe in or reject any concept, doctrines ( as stated in in previous posts) and no one is forcing or imploring anyone to give up their faith.




    Yes and the other,more than 20 percent of the world population, consider it to be a divine revelation and its not a matter concern what others think so.
    The Quran is not uncritiqueable. It is open to interpretation, just like any other piece of literature. There is no single, correct way to interpret what it says. The Quran is not infallible anymore than other religious texts like the Protestant Bible, the God Delusion, or the Rig Veda. The vast majority of humanity rejects the concept that the Quran has a divine origin, and this forum is not a place for proselytizing religion, it is a place to discuss literature.

  13. #103
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Belo Horizonte- Brasil
    Posts
    3,279
    Ah, for god's sake. You are just attacking the book. Some of your claims are very strange. Anyone who reads the Quran knows woman are not excluded from the narrative of the book. They are often mentioned - which does not imply the Quran have a moderm feminist view (time for the borges's camel joke) - and that it is a universal book. Several themes are universal concern. Claiming it is biased towards an interpretation of the truth therefore not unviersal will just exclude every book, be it Plato, the bible, Shakespeare or Peanuts from "Universal" as all of them are biased towards their idea of truth. Books are not universal because everyone will agree with them, because they use themes or characters with universal appeals. Muhammad is one of those characters (and Jesus, Mary, Moses) and the themes are universal (the Quran have a lot of themes, some are very specific to the region or time, but so are some pages of Hamlet or Don Quixote).

    And frankly, most of the book, specially considering that indeed the focus of the book are the followers of Islam, is quite tolerant. There is one or another momment of harshness, specially considering it was written during war times, but most of the momments it just claims God will judge harsher disbelievers. Boo-hoo, that is so terrible. If you do not believe God why would you care about his after-life judgment anyways.

    Have you even read the book that you are attacking?

  14. #104
    You... are beautiful
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    34
    You ask repetitive questions. Many posts, earlier in this thread, has quoted Quranic verses out of context (not you, since you have never given any reference to your claims discussed in this thread up till now) ) to distort it completely. It is still not clear what your motive was by making a comparison between two major religions of the world, which differ in many respects.

    Do you even have any credible sources/references to your claims especially in post # 81? for the unth time lets us know which source you refer to?

  15. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    594
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JCamilo View Post
    Ah, for god's sake. You are just attacking the book. Some of your claims are very strange. Anyone who reads the Quran knows woman are not excluded from the narrative of the book. They are often mentioned - which does not imply the Quran have a moderm feminist view (time for the borges's camel joke) - and that it is a universal book. Several themes are universal concern. Claiming it is biased towards an interpretation of the truth therefore not unviersal will just exclude every book, be it Plato, the bible, Shakespeare or Peanuts from "Universal" as all of them are biased towards their idea of truth. Books are not universal because everyone will agree with them, because they use themes or characters with universal appeals. Muhammad is one of those characters (and Jesus, Mary, Moses) and the themes are universal (the Quran have a lot of themes, some are very specific to the region or time, but so are some pages of Hamlet or Don Quixote).

    And frankly, most of the book, specially considering that indeed the focus of the book are the followers of Islam, is quite tolerant. There is one or another momment of harshness, specially considering it was written during war times, but most of the momments it just claims God will judge harsher disbelievers. Boo-hoo, that is so terrible. If you do not believe God why would you care about his after-life judgment anyways.

    Have you even read the book that you are attacking?
    Bias is not a bad thing. The Quran was written for Muslims, therefore it is biased towards Muslims. That's not a bad thing, it just is.

    Women are portrayed as being subordinate to men. Women are expected to be modest and obedient to their male husband. Homosexuality is portrayed in a negative light in the Quran, as is polytheism. Why can't the Muslim god just accept everyone and just "believers"?

    FYI, I accept the existence of many different deities.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. what is Islam ??????????
    By ola,m,k,hailat in forum Religious Texts
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-14-2008, 08:39 AM
  2. Questions about Islam
    By rufioag in forum Religious Texts
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 07-15-2007, 12:02 AM
  3. Satan, Who is he?
    By Green Lady in forum Religious Texts
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 09-20-2006, 12:39 PM
  4. Do muslims love Jesus (peace must be upon him)???
    By lover of jesus in forum Religious Texts
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 12-26-2005, 06:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •