Thread: The confessions/executions of the animals

Exclamation The confessions/executions of the animals

How do the confessions (perhaps, false confessions) and executions of some of the animals on Animal Farm show that the animals are naive and easily taken advantage of?

Quote Originally Posted by mk3500 View Post
    How do the confessions (perhaps, false confessions) and executions of some of the animals on Animal Farm show that the animals are naive and easily taken advantage of?
    Because none of them were doing anything at the time that could be considered treasonous or worth being executed for. The chicken[?] which admitted eating a few grains is a perfect example.

Given that individual grains were picked up, making for a much bigger harvest, picking off a few grains that would have been missed anyway is no crime. The false confessions are another example of the animals being susceptible to auto-suggestion, so deeply were they controlled.

If Napoleon says there were traitors, and Napoleon is always right, then there must have been conspirators. Some animals saw confession as a way of delivering the evidence to support Napoleon's infallibility, even though they had done nothing wrong.
    Go to work, get married, have some kids, pay your taxes, pay your bills, watch your tv, follow fashion, act normal, obey the law and repeat after me: "I am free."

Anon

Although Athiest is correct I personally believe that it's because they ask the right questions about what Napoleon is doing but they are too easily satisfied with the responces. If they were'nt so clouded over then maybe they would have realized what Napoleon was trying to do. Which leads into how people acted durring WWll. They were easily satisfied with what they were being told that they didn't look any deeper than the information they were given.

Quote Originally Posted by tokool4puppets View Post
    They were easily satisfied with what they were being told that they didn't look any deeper than the information they were given.
    And every other war before and since.

Go to work, get married, have some kids, pay your taxes, pay your bills, watch your tv, follow fashion, act normal, obey the law and repeat after me: "I am free."

Anon