View Poll Results: The Greatest Hero Of all-Time: Antiquity (Beginnings to 476 AD)

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gilgamesh

3 11.54%
  • Achilles

5 19.23%
  • Oedipus

1 3.85%
  • Antigone

2 7.69%
  • Odysseus

10 38.46%
  • Hercules

1 3.85%
  • Aeneas

2 7.69%
  • Medea

2 7.69%
  • Electra

0 0%
  • Other (Name below)

0 0%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Quest For The Greatest Hero Ever: Beginnings-476 AD

The Quest For The Greatest Hero Ever: Beginnings-476 AD

I love literature.
    We all do.

And I love the heroes and heroines, tragic or triumphant.
    We all do.

So here now is the quest, the quest for The Greatest Hero of All-Time.

The heroes will be set against each other by time period, and then the winner of each time period will go on to The Final Poll.

What makes "The Greatest Hero?" In order:

1. Influence on further literature/literary heroes
    2A. If a triumphant hero, the actions he/she takes and his/her feats
    2B. If a tragic hero, the qualities of the character, and the nature of the fall
    3. Individual Taste

The time periods (this is rough, up for reshuffling):

-Antiquity: Beginnings to 476 AD (end of Rome, classic end to the Antiquity)
    -Dark Ages: 477 to 1200 (Mostly lore and legends there)
    -Medevial Times: 1201 to 1500 (Crusades to the cusp of the Renaissance)
    -Renaissance: 1501 to 1700 (Italian Renaissance to Age of Kings)
    -Jacobean: 1567 to 1625 (Reign of King James VI, includes Elizabethan Age)
    -Enlightenment: 1625 to 1800 (From the first modern philosophers to 1800s)
    -Romantic: 1750 to 1880 (From cusp of Enlightenment to 1880s Existentialism)
    -Victorian: 1837 to 1901 (Reign of Queen Victoria, Golden age of Euro-Empires)
    -Modern: 1901 to present (20th century and beyond)
    Post-Modern: 1945 to present (Post-WWII, often nihilistic, existential, etc.)

So explainations about those time periods, and why they are arranged as such:

-Antiquity's pretty obvious...

-To lump everything from the Fall of the Roman Empire to the Renaissance would likely leave out some great choices, and after the Crusades the nature of the Medevial Period changes, anyway, often there's a split between the "Dark Ages" and the "Higher Middle Ages," that's simply called the "Medevial Period" here for simplicity's sake.

-I made the Jacobean Period a specific time period of its own with the intention that the great theatrical works of that time--the works of Kyd, Dekker, Middleton, Moliere, Marlowe, Shakespeare, etc.--both not be overlooked and not force out other great characters from the Renaissance...characters from just Marlowe and Shakespeare alone could fill a "Hero" category, or even just all Marlovian or all Shakespearean heroes...but that'd leave out the other great figures of the Renaissance, and if THEY were focused on properly, some of Shakespeare's and Marlowe's best heroes might be left out, so we have the split with the understanding that Hamlet will stay on his side of the literary divide of Don Quixote stays on his

-The Enlightenment starts a bit earlier than it is generally placed, mostly so that there's no gap between it's more traditional start and the Renaisssance and Jacobean Periods...that'd lose a few decades otherwise, so it's a tad longer than usual, but not too bad...

-The Romantic Period is pretty self-evident, I think...

-Same with the Victorian Period, that's her reign, gives us both more room and a way of properly distinguishing between the great literary works of the 19th century--some are definitely more Romantic than Victorian, and vice versa--and takes us right up to the Modern Era, so I think that's a good distinction.

-Modernism at 1901 to present shouldn't cause too many waves, I think...

-Post-Modernism is always tricky to define and classify, and here it's no different...some sources would place it around the 1960s, and I've heard as early as the mid-19th cenutry...well, the latter seems far too early, and the former far too late and leaving out some of the best material, so I've given it the relatively-conservative timeframe of post-WWII to the present, and that allows for the likes of Samuel Beckett to give a good example of what I'd interpret as Post-Modernism.

Doubtless those distinctions will not please all, and so that's definitely open for discussion, but for now, let's start off with the ten nominees for the era that kicks us off and can generally be agreed upon time-wise.

One final caveat before we start--no religious heroes or texts, in my experience mixing the religious with the literary in these sorts of competitions is a bad idea, someone says "X wasn't that great of a hero, Y was far better," and someone gets offended by that, so let's just leave them be, plenty of great heroes besides them...heroes can be driven by religious fervor, of course, King Arthur and his Knights are driven by that to a great extent in some of their adventures, but let's keep the Bible/Torah/Koran figures out of this, eh?

The nominees for Greatest Hero of Antiquity:

-Gilgamesh, from The Epic of Gilgamesh by The Sumerians: Ironically, arguably our oldest hero is also one of the most recently rediscovered...Gilgamesh dates back to the Sumerians and nearly five thousand years or so, a demigod, king of the city of Ur, he fights for glory and iommortality with his friend Ekidu the Wildman at his side.

-Achilles, from The Iliad by Homer: The wrath and sheer might of Achilles is a focus of quite a bit of Homer's work, and so are his pride, arrogance, and ultimate fall from grace. Achilles and Hector face off in one of the most iconic one-on-one duels in all of literature, and walks away victorious in battle, but the loser in the eyes of many morally, as he desecrates his foe's body and goes on a rampage, eventually killed by Prince Paris by an arrow shot right at Achilles' heel (get it?)

-Oedipus, from "The Oedipus Cycle," and most prominently from Oedipus Rex, all of which is by Sophocles: He's abandoned as a baby, he's adopted, he solves a riddle, he becomes king, he kills his father, he marries and sleeps with his mother, he finds out, he gouges out his eyes, he dies. That's Oedipus' tragic tale in a nutshell...and what a tragic tale it is. Oedpius is established from the start as a relatively benevolent king, a man of the people, and so to see him fall and lose not only that great status but his good name, eyesight, and life is a saddening thing for the audience. One of the first great titans of literature, Oedipus' mark has carried through to modern day, as he's found a place in psychology--The Oedipus Complex--and continues to live on as the tragic King of Thebes.

-Antigone, from "The Oedipus Cycle," most prominently from Antigone: Antigone is a character so powerful for her time that some have gone so far as to proclaim her the first truly feminist character in history. That's up for debate, but what isn't is that she's one of the strongest female characters in Greek literature, with her efforts ranging from attempting to help her disgraced father Oedipus to attempting to go against the State and King Creon and bury her dead brother to a romance that's star-crossed enough to make Romeo, Juliet, Lancelot, Guinevere, Tristan, and Isolde all sit up and take notice.

-Odysseus, from The Iliad and The Odyssey by Homer: "Sing in me, Muse, and through me tell the story of that man skilled in all ways of contending, the wanderer, harried for years on end..." So begins one of the greatest works in world literature, and one of the most memorable character introductions of all time. Odysseus was a player on the Greek side of things in The Trojan War, and the Trojan Horse is partially attributed to him, but it's his exploits in the years that follow that have kept Odysseus immortal in literature: battling Polyphemus the Cyclops, tying himself to the mast of his ship to avoid falling prey to the Sirens' Song, his stay with the sorceress Circe, making it home to his kingdom of Ithica and defeating the hundreds of suitors that came to try and claim his ever-faithful wife Penelope for themselves...the stories themselves are legendary, and together they weave one of the most influential pieces in literary history, as nearly every character since who goes on a long journey may be said to be "embarking upon an odyssey," and all owe a bit of tribute to Odysseus and Homer.

-Hercules, from Greek Mythology: We know who he is. We know he's the son of Zeus, incredibly strong, generally has a good heart (unless driven insane by his stepmother in order to kill his wife) and that there was that fun-for-kids-but-nearly-completely-wrong Disney film about hiom in 1997. Really, Hercules (or Heracles, if we want to use the Greek name) doesn't need much of an introduction--he slew the Nemean Lion and Hydra, he retrieved the Golden Apples, cleaned the Aegean Stables in one day--quite possibly the most, erm, "interesting" heroic feat of all-time--and so on. He's Hercules, the Greek Superman--or perhaps Superman is the American Hercules. Either way, you know him, and, really, for a character that needs no indroduction, he certainly got a long one--and one well-deserved.

-Aeneas, from The Aeneid by Virgil: Only fair to give the Trojan side (and the Roman authors) a bit of representation here, with the great survivor, Aeneas. With the world around him...he survived, really, that's what may be attributed to Aeneas, most certainly--he's a survivor, someoen who just refuses to say die or quit and, from a literary point of view, he gives some good resolution as to what happened to the Trojans after the War and does show that in an era dominated by the Greek heroes, the Romans had their heroes and poets as well, as Virgil completes onf of the first--and perhaps the best--trilogies in history with a bang.

-Medea, from Medea by Euripides: Medea appears here and there in many bits and pieces of Greek mythology, but it's her place in this play, as the "witch-wife" in this story that cracks the list. Jason and the Argonauts go a-questing for The Golden Fleece, and Medea helps...but in doing so commits a rather heinous action--dicing up the son of one of the pursuing kings and throwing the body parts into the ocean--that brings shame upon Jason forever. As a result, Jason neglects and allows her bad name to go on, ruining her life and her children's lives, moving them to Greece, where they're looked upon as barbarians. Medea does her children a favor, after so much wrong has occured and Jason has had an affair, by making sure they don't grow up in a poisoned household...by dicing THEM to pieces and gives as a "gift" to Jason's new wife-to-be a crown...that sets her body ablaze in a horrible, agonizing death. Medea is THE anti-hero of the Ancient World, and yet she does all of this after her good name is ruined, her life ruined, the prospects of her children's lives are ruined...an anti-hero, but a TRAGIC figure nonetheless.

-Electra, from "The Oresteia Trilogy" by Aeschylus, Electra by Sophocles, and Electra by Euripides: With arguably the three greatest playwrights in Ancient Greece telling her tale, it's pretty safe to say Electra's an electric character (get it?) and a pretty enduring one at that. With the murder of her father Agamenon and the apparent death of her brother Orestes, Electra seeks revenge against the apparent murderer, her own mother. With the King dead and the Princess vowing to avenge the death and usurpation of the throne (that sounds vaguely familiar...hmmm...) Electra sets out on her path, finds Orestes to be, in fact, alive, and the two join to slay their mother and avenge their father's foul and unnatural murder (wait...), but naturally this vengeance can't go unpunished. Oedipus has the Oedipus Complex and The Oedipus Cylce, and Electra has The Electra Complex and The Orestia Trilogy--not to mention one of the most enduring outings for a female hero in the ancient world.

-Other (Name and give a description)

So, go on and vote for your choice, and as soon as the winner is declared, the next Period's heroes will be voted upon (you can suggest some for for those outings as well, just below here.)
    Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow...

Oh, neat, didn't notice that...

The poll will close Halloween Night, around 8:30pm Pacific Time...

For a lot of these figures, Halloween is all-too-appropriate!

The Snake in the Garden Roptat Lenz's Avatar
    I elect Odysseus for the greatest hero of antiquity. He is by far the most prolific, and he is not only a very human character, but his quest is the epitome of the hero's journey.

I would also like to suggest, for the Dark Age period, that you include Robin Longstride, also known as Robin of the Hood, or simply Robin Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Roptat Lenz View Post
    I elect Odysseus for the greatest hero of antiquity. He is by far the most prolific, and he is not only a very human character, but his quest is the epitome of the hero's journey.

I would also like to suggest, for the Dark Age period, that you include Robin Longstride, also known as Robin of the Hood, or simply Robin Hood.
    *Use the poll...select him...from the poll...*

Nice idea, but why would Medea be there? Apologies if you have said, but I am in a bit of a rush and didn't read the whole post. I can feel sympathy for her, but I don't see a child murderer as a heroine.

Genji is probably the greatest hero in my eyes. Certainly the most interesting.

Blog Entries
    I couldn't help but notice that all but one of your options are Ancient Greek. I'd like to nominate Marduk from the Enuma Elish:

He constructed a bow, marked it as his weapon,
    Attached thereto the arrow, fixed its bow-cord.
    He raised the mace, made his right hand grasp it;
    Bow and quiver he hung at his side.
    In front of him he set the lightning,
    With a blazing flame he filled his body. (40)

He then made a net to enfold Tiamat therein.
    The four winds he stationed that nothing of her might escape,
    The South Wind, the North Wind, the East Wind, the West Wind.
    Close to his side he held the net, the gift of his father, Anu.
    He brought forth Imhullu "the Evil Wind," the Whirl-wind, the Hurricane,
    The Fourfold Wind, the Sevenfold Wind, the Cyclone, the Matchless Wind;
    Then he sent forth the winds he had brought forth, the seven of them.
    To stir up the inside of Tiamat they rose up behind him.
    Then the lord raised up the flood-storm, his mighty weapon.
    He mounted the storm-chariot irresistible and terrifying. (50)

He harnessed and yoked to it a team-of-four,
    The Killer, the Relentless, the Trampler, the Swift.
    Their lips were parted, their teeth bore poison.
    They were tireless and skilled in destruction.
    On his right he posted the Smiter, fearsome in battle,
    On the left the Combat, which repels all the zealous.
    For a cloak he was wrapped in an armor of terror;
    With his fearsome halo his head was turbaned.
    The lord went forth and followed his course,
    Towards the raging Tiamat he set his face.
    Erra from the Epic of Erra, in this awesome passage he conscripts seven warriors to help him in battle:

When Anu, the king of the gods, sowed his seed in the earth, She bore him seven gods, he called them the Seven. They stood before him, that he ordain their destinies, He summoned the first to give his instructions,

"Wherever you go and spread terror, have no equal."
    He said to the second, "Burn like fire, scorch like flame".
    He commanded the third, "Look like a lion, let him who sees you be paralyzed with fear".
    He said to the fourth, "Let a mountain collapse when you present your fierce arms".
    He said to the fifth, "Blast like the wind, scan the circumference of the earth".
    He said to the sixth. "Go out everywhere (like the deluge) and spare no one".
    The seventh he charged with viperous venom," Slay whatever lives".
    Besides, I think you are making a mistake not including religious figures, since most of the literature of the time was religious. Case in point Samson from Judges:
    And when he came unto Lehi, the Philistines shouted against him: and the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon him, and the cords that were upon his arms became as flax that was burnt with fire, and his bands loosed from off his hands.

And he found a new jawbone of an ***, and put forth his hand, and took it, and slew a thousand men therewith.

And Samson said, With the jawbone of an ***, heaps upon heaps, with the jaw of an *** have I slain a thousand men.

And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking, that he cast away the jawbone out of his hand, and called that place Ramathlehi.
    Besides Samson there's David, Judith, Moses, and Jesus in the Bible. Then I've always thought of Socrates as a sort of hero too. From the Sanskrit of the time comes Rama, Krishna, and Arjuna. Also, you left out some pretty important Greeks: Theseus, Perseus, Jason, Prometheus.

When you come to the medieval period be sure to include Roland, Cu Chulainn, Sigurd the Volsung, Odin, Aladdin, Rostam, Finn McCool, Beowulf, Robin Hood, King Arthur, and Lancelot.

From the Late Middle Ages to the Early Renaissance I'd like to suggest Sun Wukong the Monkey King, Genji, Zhuge Liang, and Song Jiang.

In modern times, I'd like to nominate Batman and Superman.
    "So-Crates: The only true wisdom consists in knowing that you know nothing." "That's us, dude!"- Bill and Ted
    "This ain't over."- Charles Bronson
    Feed the Hungry!

The Snake in the Garden Roptat Lenz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Macbeth View Post
    *Use the poll...select him...from the poll...*

There was no poll when I posted that. Apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Macbeth View Post

The time periods (this is rough, up for reshuffling):

-Antiquity: Beginnings to 476 AD (end of Rome, classic end to the Antiquity)
    -Dark Ages: 477 to 1200 (Mostly lore and legends there)
    -Medevial Times: 1201 to 1500 (Crusades to the cusp of the Renaissance)
    -Renaissance: 1501 to 1700 (Italian Renaissance to Age of Kings)
    -Jacobean: 1567 to 1625 (Reign of King James VI, includes Elizabethan Age)
    -Enlightenment: 1625 to 1800 (From the first modern philosophers to 1800s)
    -Romantic: 1750 to 1880 (From cusp of Enlightenment to 1880s Existentialism)
    -Victorian: 1837 to 1901 (Reign of Queen Victoria, Golden age of Euro-Empires)
    -Modern: 1901 to present (20th century and beyond)
    Post-Modern: 1945 to present (Post-WWII, often nihilistic, existential, etc.)

So explainations about those time periods, and why they are arranged as such:

-Antiquity's pretty obvious...

-To lump everything from the Fall of the Roman Empire to the Renaissance would likely leave out some great choices, and after the Crusades the nature of the Medevial Period changes, anyway, often there's a split between the "Dark Ages" and the "Higher Middle Ages," that's simply called the "Medevial Period" here for simplicity's sake.

-I made the Jacobean Period a specific time period of its own with the intention that the great theatrical works of that time--the works of Kyd, Dekker, Middleton, Moliere, Marlowe, Shakespeare, etc.--both not be overlooked and not force out other great characters from the Renaissance...characters from just Marlowe and Shakespeare alone could fill a "Hero" category, or even just all Marlovian or all Shakespearean heroes...but that'd leave out the other great figures of the Renaissance, and if THEY were focused on properly, some of Shakespeare's and Marlowe's best heroes might be left out, so we have the split with the understanding that Hamlet will stay on his side of the literary divide of Don Quixote stays on his

-The Enlightenment starts a bit earlier than it is generally placed, mostly so that there's no gap between it's more traditional start and the Renaisssance and Jacobean Periods...that'd lose a few decades otherwise, so it's a tad longer than usual, but not too bad...

-The Romantic Period is pretty self-evident, I think...

-Same with the Victorian Period, that's her reign, gives us both more room and a way of properly distinguishing between the great literary works of the 19th century--some are definitely more Romantic than Victorian, and vice versa--and takes us right up to the Modern Era, so I think that's a good distinction.

-Modernism at 1901 to present shouldn't cause too many waves, I think...

-Post-Modernism is always tricky to define and classify, and here it's no different...some sources would place it around the 1960s, and I've heard as early as the mid-19th cenutry...well, the latter seems far too early, and the former far too late and leaving out some of the best material, so I've given it the relatively-conservative timeframe of post-WWII to the present, and that allows for the likes of Samuel Beckett to give a good example of what I'd interpret as Post-Modernism.

Doubtless those distinctions will not please all, and so that's definitely open for discussion, but for now, let's start off with the ten nominees for the era that kicks us off and can generally be agreed upon time-wise.

This historical segmentation is problematic.

The Medieval Times or Higher Middle Ages began rather in the 12th century, which is even called by historians a beginning of Renaissance with courtly love.

Renaissance really began in Italy in the 14th century – otherwise how do you place Dante and Petrarch? This notion is hard to define. Some consider that its real beginning is the invention of book printing, others the fall of the oriental empire, others again the discovery of America. Its ending is also hard to precise, since we still live on its fundaments (culture of Antiquity in favor, scientific reading of fundamental texts, new ways of information, representations of a moving world). Why do you end it in 1700 with this “Age of Kings”? In fact, in 1700, the kings begin to be less firm on their throne, despite the reinforcement of the State. Enlightenment promotes new politic ideas, which are not always monarchic.

Please, don’t count Molière in this Jacobean period just because he’s a playwriter. Molière, like Corneille and Racine, are seen in France as classical writers, authors of the movement called classicism, marked in this country by the long reign of Louis XIV.

Enlightenment: let’s say till American Revolution and French Revolution, when philosophy became a reality with politic and social changes in depth.

Romantic period: it can’t end with the beginning of existentialism – one may even think that this latter prolonged in a way romanticism, whose one of the characteristics is subjectivism. The reaction toward romanticism is rather realism. In 1850 romanticism is not anymore the strongest movement in Europe, and in 1880 existentialism neither.

Victorian period: again a British concept… Can we call the period otherwise? For instance the 19th, because in this century a very writer may be seen as romantic and meanwhile realist (Stendhal), romantic and symbolist (Baudelaire), etc.

Post-modern means nothing. We don’t live in the future, we always live the present times, in the modern times.

So, I suggest this segmentation:
    - Antiquity
    - Medieval Times (till the 14th or 15th, depending on the countries)
    - Renaissance, Baroque and Classic eras
    - Enlightenment
    - 19th
    - 20th
    Last edited by B. Laumness; 10-27-2010 at 08:57 AM.

Cool For the greatest hero from 476 AD onward ....

Bat Man.

Card-carrying Medievalist Lokasenna's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm... I'm not much of a classicist. Medea appeals, if only because she wouldn't be out of place in a saga, but I don't really think she's hero material.

I've gone for Gilgamesh, if only because of the interest his story, and its great antiquity, excite the narratologist in me.
    "I should only believe in a God that would know how to dance. And when I saw my devil, I found him serious, thorough, profound, solemn: he was the spirit of gravity- through him all things fall. Not by wrath, but by laughter, do we slay. Come, let us slay the spirit of gravity!" - Nietzsche

Blog Entries
    I've gone for Hercules, more than a match for all the others put together.

Blog Entries
    I went with Achilles. Oddysseus is held in higher prestige in contemporary times, but from the ancient world to the modern, Achilles and The Illiad was more respected and admired. In fact for most of history Oddyseus was looked down on as a hero.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by B. Laumness View Post
    This historical segmentation is problematic.

The Medieval Times or Higher Middle Ages began rather in the 12th century, which is even called by historians a beginning of Renaissance with courtly love.

Renaissance really began in Italy in the 14th century – otherwise how do you place Dante and Petrarch? This notion is hard to define. Some consider that its real beginning is the invention of book printing, others the fall of the oriental empire, others again the discovery of America. Its ending is also hard to precise, since we still live on its fundaments (culture of Antiquity in favor, scientific reading of fundamental texts, new ways of information, representations of a moving world). Why do you end it in 1700 with this “Age of Kings”? In fact, in 1700, the kings begin to be less firm on their throne, despite the reinforcement of the State. Enlightenment promotes new politic ideas, which are not always monarchic.

Please, don’t count Molière in this Jacobean period just because he’s a playwriter. Molière, like Corneille and Racine, are seen in France as classical writers, authors of the movement called classicism, marked in this country by the long reign of Louis XIV.

Enlightenment: let’s say till American Revolution and French Revolution, when philosophy became a reality with politic and social changes in depth.

Romantic period: it can’t end with the beginning of existentialism – one may even think that this latter prolonged in a way romanticism, whose one of the characteristics is subjectivism. The reaction toward romanticism is rather realism. In 1850 romanticism is not anymore the strongest movement in Europe, and in 1880 existentialism neither.

Victorian period: again a British concept… Can we call the period otherwise? For instance the 19th, because in this century a very writer may be seen as romantic and meanwhile realist (Stendhal), romantic and symbolist (Baudelaire), etc.

Post-modern means nothing. We don’t live in the future, we always live the present times, in the modern times.

So, I suggest this segmentation:
    - Antiquity
    - Medieval Times (till the 14th or 15th, depending on the countries)
    - Renaissance, Baroque and Classic eras
    - Enlightenment
    - 19th
    - 20th
    Well, the point was to have 10 periods, hence the 10 poll choices (9 named and then the write-in option) so that we can have a Final Poll...

I can definitely move the times a bit, though, you're right in that the Renaissance has to be at the 14th Century...

How about one maybe more loose and based on movements:

-Antiquity
    -Dark Ages: 476-1100
    -High Middle Ages: 1101-1300
    -Renaissance: 1301-1650
    -Jacobean: 1567-1625
    -Enlightenment: 1650-1800
    -Romanticism: 1700-1900
    -Victorian (as just a name for the 19th, as it fits perfectly): 1837-1901
    -Modern: 1901-present
    -Post-Modern: 1945-present (again, I prefer the post-WWII timeframe for it)

I think maybe that's a bit better...Victorian is really just another name for the 19th Century, and does go right up to the 20th Centruy...my issue with "Baroque" is that is generally opposed in style to Shakespearean/Marlovian/etc. Tragedy and Comedy, and that's the purpose of the Jacobean Era...pluss it seems squeezed/covered by the combination of the Renaissance, Enlightenment and Romantic Perids.

So far it's Odysseus with the early lead at 5, and Achilles and Aeneas the other two with multiple votes, 3 and 2 respectively...

Medea's there as sort of an anit-hero and a tragic hero, in the same way we might consider Macbeth or Titus Andronicus tragic heroes despite their bloody deeds.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast