Thread: The Yellow Stars.

Blog Entries

The Yellow Stars.

The Yellow Stars.

I must protect my children. Our world has gone mad with our own people against us. We can not leave our flat or go to shops without have fear attach to it. Are names are hid by labels of the yellow stars. I can not trust my nearest or dearest.

But my children are only children and should being play together as one nation. The 'Regime' said that we are not human but I know we are human because our god said we are.

In our small home, with little but precious amount of food we have. I manage to shared it out to keep the hungry at bay. Their noise outside in the block is getting louded. Try pretent at everything is normal. The door is kicked in by the 'Special Police' and we take away to god who where.

Last edited by zoolane; 10-19-2010 at 07:22 AM.
    English my native language and have characterizes of dyslexia.

Copyright (C) 2011, Zoolane

I have pass by English Exam.

hmmm... I don't follow the emotion of it.

My best friends great gran is a holocaust survivor and when she speaks of some of the things they went through, you can hear the tremble in her voice. But when she speaks of the the courage her people had, she has a tremendous amount of respect. I've refused to write about the holocaust even though i've heard the stories first hand and thought that it would make for an excellent book. I just can't bring myself to do it, I could never portray the emotion that I see in my mates grans eyes - seriously, its heart wrenching to hear.

also from what I understand, a Jew would never call it 'the Reich' - for it means rich in German, but denotes sovereignty and they would never accept either.

The writing is fine, it's just very hard to get across the emotion I think you're trying to convey. Keep at it, you may find it.

Loks

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by loki456 View Post
    hmmm... I don't follow the emotion of it.

My best friends great gran is a holocaust survivor and when she speaks of some of the things they went through, you can hear the tremble in her voice. But when she speaks of the the courage her people had, she has a tremendous amount of respect. I've refused to write about the holocaust even though i've heard the stories first hand and thought that it would make for an excellent book. I just can't bring myself to do it, I could never portray the emotion that I see in my mates grans eyes - seriously, its heart wrenching to hear.

also from what I understand, a Jew would never call it 'the Reich' - for it means rich in German, but denotes sovereignty and they would never accept either.

The writing is fine, it's just very hard to get across the emotion I think you're trying to convey. Keep at it, you may find it.

Loks
    Thank you Loks.

To be honest, I think I have pickl hard subject matter due the emotional side. For some reason I am find it hard to put myself in to situation or similar one which I am normal pretty good at. Also think that I am maybe effort are to much on events and not person or families.
    Last edited by zoolane; 10-19-2010 at 08:01 AM.

Zoo - They always say, if in doubt write about what you know. That doesn't mean you have to tell your life story - but you can draw upon your experiences and emotions; as a mother for example.

When it comes to writing about actual events that have affected people and families who are still alive it's important to be accurate regarding the historical detail and to respect the people to which this reality occurred.
    There are prize-winning authors who have written great books about the Holocaust yet failed to even give a glimpse of what it was really like - and there are others who have used it to try and get more respect as writers. But just because someone has chosen to write about serious issues doesn't mean they are automatically going to become respected as writers.

You have the ability to focus on the emotional issues I'm sure - but the details surrounding the events are so painful and so well-documented that you are doomed to failure.

It might be more useful to imagine something similar happening in a made-up world without direct reference to the events of the Second World War. Leaving out the imagery of Nazi Germany and the treatment of the Jews might allow you much greater freedom to create a worthwhile story. And also your readers are less likely to be biased beforehand - ready to shoot you down in flames as soon as you put one foot wrong.

H

Blog Entries
    Thank You H for your advice I will bare in mind. Good point about doing my revision.

"I manage to shared it out to keep the hungry at bay."
    This is honestly a beautiful line. As far as I can tell, this is a tortuous time, and yet someone is able to bring some positivity into the equation. Your writing has a different dialect, but it's so interesting, I can't turn away.
    Looooving this. <3 And everything you've written, since I've joined this site. Thanks for sharing.
    Dreaming is the easiest part of growing up.
    Achieving those dreams is a little harder.
    But in the end, it's always worth it.