I know one day…when I'm 70 years old…hmmm...

I'll look back fondly at some of the bad opening lines I spit in my teens….twenties and thirties….and reminisce.

But that moment is not now.

I feel obligated as a concerned citizen...as a concerned human being…to educate the public of what constitutes a bad opening line.

A few recent examples:

1) A couple weeks ago….I was with my In-Laws.

And my previous….young….handsome….yet friendly…male…Boss called me on my mobile…

I was talking some serious issues with my In-Laws so I two times drop his call…hmm...

After few hours he called again…and I was alone so I picked up….

After few words of regular Hi and Hello he asked me why I didn’t picked his call…and I bluntly said…

“Actually I was with my husband that’s why I didn’t pick your call…”

Opps…soon after I said this I felt the shame and if my life were a movie…this would be the part where I would turn to the camera and say…

"Seriously? Is this should be the answer…don’t you want to think twice before talking? "

2) Saturday evening…I went to Subway with my husband and encountered few of his friends and their family…

I felt ashamed as I was not in my good cloths while all the other ladies were good looking…fully make-up and wearing designer’s cloths…

I soon learn that one of the good things about looking like an UGLY between so many good looking…smart people is that you get attention. One of the bad things about looking like an UGLY is that you get attention.

It was hot and muggy and I was fanning myself with a piece of paper.

While my beloved husband and few of his friends went to the main cabin to order for all of us… one of my beloved husband’s friend sits next to me.

Which I think is weird because there about a hundred empty seats in the rest of the cabin.

So I'm sitting there…praying that he won't start talking to me….already recoiling as I sense him looking directly at me as I fan myself and stare intently out the window..hmmm.

"Wow you must be cold…" he grinned...."you must be cold because you're fanning yourself."

I tried my best to stifle a grimace. "hmm...no…actually…I'm hot..." I explained..."that's why I'm fanning myself."

"Oh yeah, ha ha."

Opps….I did it again….Okay…

SERIOUSLY?

This is what I'm working with?

Can you believe that these words actually came out of my mouth?

So yeah. That's my report on Bad Opening Lines for now. This report will continue to be updated.

I can only hope that by spreading the word...we can stave off this epidemic of Bad Opening Lines.

Until then...this is what I'm working with.