Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy birthday Max

Death awaits...
    Blog Entries

Happy birthday Max

:bday_2
    Pary time.... Yay...
    :

Yay all, it's Maxi's birthday.
    Here dear sir, please accept this homemade cheese cake as a token of our appreciation. Love Mary and Frances (and Andrew) even though he doesn't get on litnet much these days.

I hope you have a fabulous birthday Max.
    xoxo
    Last edited by Maryd.; 09-26-2010 at 10:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    Ha! I was looking at the birthdays today and not seeing your name, but finally realized that the day has begun in Australia where Mary is. I had to get that over with before I could get to the point and say,

Happy Birthday, Max!

I hope it's a special day for you.
    Last edited by L.M. The Third; 09-27-2010 at 12:46 AM.

Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday!

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
    To keep our faces toward change and behave like free spirits
    in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.”

Helen Keller

Happy birthday Max!!!
    Through the darkness of future past
    the magician longs to see
    one chance out between two worlds
    'Fire walk with me.'

Twin Peaks

Happy Birthday Max!!

Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Blog Entries
    Happy Birthday
    What Are You Crazy!!!

Sheffield, South Yorks, England. Tha knows.
    Blog Entries
    Yay for Maxi!!!!!!
    Dafydd Manton, A Legend In His Own Lunchtime!! www.dafydd-manton.co.uk

My Work Has Been Spread Over Many Fields!

Smile Happy Birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX!

Have a great day!
    Last edited by aliengirl; 09-27-2010 at 09:48 AM.
    I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's. ~ William Blake

Captivity is consciousness,
    So's liberty. ~ Emily Dickinson

Blog Entries
    Happy birthday!
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Happy Birthday, Max! All these talented and beautiful ladies are singing you a happy birthday song

Little Lotte thought of everything and nothing. Her hair was golden as the sun's rays and her soul as clear and blue as her eyes.
    Gaston Leroux - The Phantom of the Opera

Happy Birthday Max!

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Happy Birthday, Max!

An interview with Maximilianus:

*Why are we doing this interview thing?*
    Scher asked kindly.

*Are you sure you want to do this?*
    I am. Interviews serve the purpose of introspection. Perhaps they can guide someone in need of a humble guide by a humble servant... better not, I can’t even guide myself.

*Whose footprints would you find in the fridge?*
    Mine.

*So, how old are you?*
    36, as of September 27th at 2:10 AM

*If you had a personal theme song what would it be?*
    It varies according to era. Now it could be “Hallowed Ground”, by W.A.S.P.

“(…) Father, do you hear me?
    This pain I will not cry aloud
    Father, I know you hear me
    My head is bludgeoned but unbowed (…)”

Its original form is a desperate clamor, while the acoustic is a resigned dirge, both embelished by the magnificent Darrell Roberts’ guitar solo. The man knows his job, and he’s surely lucky with the gals because he’s cute and cute folks are bound to win... My, I called a man cute! I hope it stops at that!

*Are you male or female?*
    Male, hetero squad. Should I change squad or whole unit?

*What makes you keep coming back?*
    People and what they want to say. I log in and we talk.

*Are you happy with the way things are here?*
    I’ve been here for over a year. Every second has been worth it.

*Which countries have you visited?*
    Brazil, Paraguay and Chile when I was either a toddler or a kid.

*Which languages do you speak?*
    Mother tongue, our version of Spanish, though I understand most Spanish dialects, and English. By now, I should speak Latin, French and German too, but I haven’t dealt with them.

*How do you like your home town?*
    Much better now with the governor who’s been in office for near two periods, though adventurers may not like it here. Not the best place for fanciful folks, but for those who seek a relative shelter after a heavy storm.

*If you could live somewhere different, where would it be and why?*
    Home would be where she would be. I could be pretty much anywhere, were she there.

*What makes you happy?*
    The long gone nights I spent talking to her made me happy. The rest is anesthesia and memories.

*Do you feel comfortable in your walk with God/atheism?*
    The gods don’t often talk to me, as I don’t often beseech their mercy. It’s a fair deal.

*Which actor should play you in a movie based on your life?*
    Back at the times of a longer hair and a bit of a beard, I had a mild resemblance with Chuck Norris, though my routine is far from being an action flick.

*Who is your favourite Beatle?*
    None of them. With due respect, I never bought body bouncing, smiling and laughing. I have affinity with serious faces that make me ponder what lies beneath the face.

*Given the option, what animal would you choose to be?*
    Anything well-suited for a long journey, preferably a wild Mustang.

*What makes you feel great about yourself?*
    There was a time when I dreamed of academic achievements as major victories. I woke up and there was the void.

*How did you meet your significant other?*
    A night to remember, some 12 months ago. It was supposed to assume a decisive form, but now it’s too late for believing in love. I’ve seen it choosing sides while rejecting mine. Many might say I’m nuts, but I’ve seen the shape of things to come, and somehow I know I’ll die alone. Not sure how I know. I just know it.

*Who inspires you most?*
    She did, and still does. Also a few people who have achieved what I've failed to conquer. I often wonder how they play their magic, how they seem to have it all figured, but I have no clue, and they won’t tell. They are not talkative lately, if they ever were.

*What are you naturally good at? (Skills, abilities, gifts etc.)*
    I can't crack the ground with a touch of a finger, as much as I’d love to, so I insist on claiming a talent for languages.

*What is the one thing you must do before you die?*
    There’s a door I’d like to knock on. I can’t really tell whether I’d be welcome, maybe not, but if I manage to have it opened, there’s a question I’d like to ask. Should I get an answer, whatever it might be, I can die in peace. Then I'd find a good cause, like being a human shield for someone really relevant. Dying this way would be a redemption for a meaningless existence, I think.

*If you had to teach something, what would you teach?*
    Spanish, English, knife fighting, hand to hand combat, origami, anything useful.

*What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life?*
    I regret an inaccurate aim. I shot the target hoping I would at least scratch it. I didn’t scratch enough, target keeps moving and I wouldn't blame it if it soon forgets I tried to hit it.

*If you were a king/queen for a day, what would you do?*
    I can’t be king. I once believed I qualified, but my ineffectiveness dethroned me.

*Favorite threads?*
    Those that present people's humanity.

*Favorite poem?*
    Sorry, one's not right... can be Sonnet CXV by William and “My life closed twice before its close” by Emily Dickinson. From Lit Net, “Ocean” by Steph, “Whole Heart” by Mary, “Honey” by Dafydd, and “Caliban’s Heart” by qimi. I’m skipping far too many. Sorry.

*First novel you remember reading on your own?*
    An abridged-for-children Spanish translation of Uncle Tom’s Cabin. I couldn’t read English back then.

*Favorite TV shows?*
    24 (despite critics, I won’t be talked out of it), Battlestar Galactica, Prison Break, The 4400, House and Lost are the stories I’m more familiar with. I'll expand if I breathe a tad longer.

*Which Forum members would you like to meet in person if you could?*
    Most people I’ve talked to, be it in plenty or not, even the occasional visitors to my page with an attitude like “I still know what you did last summer, 30 years ago, in winter” There’s an order to follow, beginning with the people I feel closer to, namely Anna, Janine, Mary and daughter, Steph, Gail (soundofmusic) and daughter. There are many I’d like to know better, like aliengirl, Baje, Beautifull, Bien, bill, crystalmoonshin, dafydd, hoope, jadrianne, L.M., Logos, Lynne, manolia, mumuksha, neilgee, Nikhar, Pensive, qimi, Scher, toni, Virgil… naming names is risky. I must be skipping someone… people here are overly interesting!

*Last person you hugged/kissed?*
    The mom.

*What would you like to be if you could change your profession?*
    Yelling “FBI, freezed!” after tumbling a door could make an interesting job... should I be ineffective, I wouldn’t live to tell the story, which would make a painless end.

*What is your most outstanding feature?*
    I’ve been called amazing, among other qualifiers. People’s politeness in action. I have a good ear and a certain ability to smell lies; the latter inherited from mom, being more developed in her surely because she's a woman.

*If you could change one thing about the way you look, what would that be?*
    What I look like certainly plays a major part in what I’ve lost... where's the surgery room?

*Which book do you wish you had written?*
    The Lord of the Rings.

*What should you be doing at the moment instead of answering these questions?*
    Nothing. There’s a proper time for everything. This is the proper time for questions and answers.

*Describe your ideal day, please.*
    My face against her face,
    Her breasts against my chest,
    The stars above our gaze,
    By waters of the West,
    Two birds in their embrace.

*Wonderful Superman or depressing Batman?*
    You can’t be wonderful and a hero at the same time. Heroes are doomed to tragedy.

*If you could relive one moment in your life whenever you wanted to, what would it be?*
    I’d relive my birth and redo most of what I've done from then onwards with a different method.

*What was the best thing that happened to you during this year?*
    She was, and Lit Net, which made me know people from many places. It's good to be connected!

*If you could send one thing to the Room 101, one would that be?*
    Stormy temper and low commitment that both detached me from the one thing that really mattered.

*Are you mostly happy with life or are you still in pursuit?*
    I know no happiness. I can talk about the opposite with relative knowledge. Curiously, most people I’ve known, especially IRL, don’t talk much about their miseries. They seem afraid and I can’t blame them, but they choose to believe that constant laughter and denial act as cures or vaccines. They don’t see there’s no such cure, just facts and their effects.

*One final word of wisdom for LitNet users?*
    At men: you thought you were unique, but there's a line behind you, each one out to take your place as fast as you fall, and it's not her fault. It's yours. You'd be lucky if she ever wants to spend two lines of talk with you, because you don't deserve it. You let her carry a load that was yours, she felt the burden and you were replaced, because as much as women love words they love facts much more. You failed her and women aren't much for second chances these days. Her picture looks now better precisely because you're out of it. You disappointed her, she won't accept you again, there's no way back. If you ever want a chance, maybe with someone else, change your method. Steal the plane if you can't afford it, take off or someone else will.

At women: you’re not the problem. We are.

*What question would you like to ask to the person to be interview after you?*
    Do you have a tasty recipe for life that you could share for a reasonable price? … Is it REALLY tasty?
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Ah, sweet Max, you must live by my motto: So many cakes, so little time

Happy Birthday, Darling, and here's hoping for the love of your life in the coming year.

Blog Entries
    Wow, it’s Max’s birthday.

Humm…Let’s see, shall we start with a party hat?…

Maybe not quite right…how about this one instead?…..

Now some noble Knight garb!

And a cool castle to steal away with your Lady(ies) for a romantic evening…..

Now for some yummy cake to top it all off!

I will be sending you a video via email or IM - hint - your favorite group!

Happy Birthday, my good friend Max!

Max, just read your interview, of which I found it quite fascinting, but too often sad; Hey, stop beating yourself up and have a super birthday. You are better than you think and I happen to believe you are a real ace...also a true Knight of the highest order. Pick up that sword of honor and march onward. You are one of the coolest guys I know.
    Last edited by Janine; 09-27-2010 at 10:16 PM.
    "It's so mysterious, the land of tears."

Chapter 7, The Little Prince ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Death awaits...
    Blog Entries
    Dear Maxi, loved the interview. Have a better insight on you now. Mwah to you Max.
    Glad you like 'Whole Heart'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast