Thread: Hi all

zealandzen

Hi all

I look forward to being a part of this site.

In brief, I just love to read. I'm a teacher (unemployed) of English, history, French, and soon Spanish, if I'm able.

I read non-fiction much more than fiction, to be honest, having just finished Jon Krakauer's "Into Thin Air" and "Into The Wild". The former was required reading for junior honor's English at the local high school.

Recently enjoyed Vonnegut's "Breakfast of Champions".

Will go to the poetry page write after writing this. Cheers!

Blog Entries
    welcome zealandzen. I don't read but I write and I admit reading more will help me. peole are very friendly on lit-net
    Before sunlight can shine through a window, the blinds must be raised - American Proverb

zealandzen

Love Salman Rushdie, Margaret Atwood

Just wanted to add that!

Blog Entries
    I do know their names and I started reading the Satanic Verses but under duress. It's enough for me that i get through a good old Enid Blyton story! There are some very learned lit-netters who discuss books to the ends of the earth and back again, thanks to the multitude of forums. You should easily find your place here.
    Before sunlight can shine through a window, the blinds must be raised - American Proverb

zealandzen

Smile How kind of you...

to welcome me, and twice! Thanks!

You started reading the Satanic Verses under duress? Do tell what you mean. It was a really crazy, creative fantasy. Blew me away.

I'd love to know what you write. Will check out your blogs.

Hope to stay connected!

Margie

Blog Entries
    Hi zealandzen, I loved The Satanic Verses, shame he never wrote with that kind of artistic license and freedom again after the fatwa.
    What are regrets? Just lessons we haven't learned yet - Beth Orton

Welcome to the forum!

There is a book club and an area to leave book reviews. Maybe share some of your opinions on some of the books you've read.
    I don't care if the glass is half full or half empty, I'm just glad to have a glass.

Blog Entries
    I was doing literature in an age of terror. Satanic Verses was recommended reading and with all the prescribed stuff, I couldn't take the ambiguity of the narrative. this happened early on and I probably did not do the book justice. so don't take it as the passing of judgment so much as my failure to persevere!