I'm working on an AP Literature assignment that was given to me this summer. I've read the book, but when it gets to answering the questions i don't know or understand what exactly it is asking. I'm not expecting anyone to do my work but can some one please help lead me to the right answer.
1. Why does Lord Henry insist that Basil should exhibit his painting of Dorian Gray?
2. Why does Basil Hallward not want to put the portrait in an exhibition?
3. How do Lord Henry's comments on marriage support the novel's motif of leading a double life?
4. To what extent has Dorian Gray influenced Basil's art?
5. What is Lord Henry's assessment of upper class involvement in philanthropy?
6. What does Basil's hesitation to introduce Lord Henry and Dorian to each other reveal about both Basil and Lord Henry?
1. What is Lord Henry's opinion of nature of influence?
2. To what extent does Lord Henry's discussion of society reflect Wilde's criticism of Victorian culture?
3. How does Lord Henry's assessment of the relationship between beauty and genius exemplify the principles of Aesthetic movement?
4. Why is Dorian upset when basil finally finishes the portrait?
5. How does Dorian enter into a Faustian Pact with the portrait?