Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: competitive reality shows

competitive reality shows

Ok, I admit it. I watch reality tv. I really like some of the competitive shows like Project Runway and Top Chef. Anybody else?
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Beauty and the Geek and Young, Dumb and Living Off Mum. I love those shows they are so much fun to watch though I find the faked OMG what a surprise bit of Beauty and the Geek annoying. Anyone watch Young and Dumb on BBC3? I find it both appalling and funny especially with Robert Webb's commentary.

I haven't seen YDALOM Fen, but I do like Robert Webb, so I might give it a try.

I am (ashamed to say it ) watching Big Brother at the moment, and am as usual getting very irate at the manipulation and rigging that goes on. I know it always has done, although it's obviously denied by the producers, but it's so blatant at the moment, and the latest twist has got the dedicated fans on forums screaming fraud! I really shouldn't get upset over it, as I refuse to vote any more, (after a fiasco a few years ago when the producers treated a winner appallingly as she wasn't their chosen one) and it's only lining their pockets ensuring they now get the winner they want. But it seriously should be looked into as they are getting money under false pretences, or fraud. I could bang on about it, but that's really sad, so I won't. There is though a case to be answered about selling the programme on a gameshow format to the public with a prize at the end, and letting them and the housemates believe they have a chance of deciding the outcome, when it's a foregone conclusion. The producer slipped up last week when he actually called it a soap opera, sending people into a frenzy, as he had admitted editing and following it with "storylines". Fine, but don't pretend that the public have a say in who wins then by taking their money.

Rant over

Oh I also love Come Dine With Me, the narrator is a hoot.

to be honest there are a few reality shows i watch but only one is really competitive and that's hell's kitchen with Gordon Ramsey he doesn't joke around and come dine with me is funny too but i never really cared who won

aspiring Arthurianist Wilde woman's Avatar
    I love the two shows you listed, papayahead. (Bravo is the best!) And admittedly, I love watching dance shows (mostly because I couldn't dance if my life depended on it). I follow Fox's So you think you can dance. It's my guilty pleasure.
    Ecce quam bonum et jocundum, habitares libros in unum!
    ~Robert Greene, Friar Bacon and Friar Bungay