Thread: First time here, new to this technology

First time here, new to this technology

I'm Barbara. Found this connection somehow and am/have been trying to find two stories and a poem. Hope I am in the right place.

Is here/now where I ask for help locating my literature? Or is this simply a chance to say Hello? If the latter, greetings, all.

I have no idea what it means to 'add a tag'. I am a Luddite of 60, and just want a librarian with all the stories and poems in the world.

Somebody say Hello back and tell me how to work this?

Inquisitive bloke ClaesGefvenberg's Avatar

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by bel1ghtheart View Post
    Somebody say Hello back and tell me how to work this?
    Happy to oblige. Yes, this is definitely a good place to say hello, which you just did. Welcome to the LitNet, Barbara

I know that a forum like this one can seem a bit daunting at first if you are not used to them, but don't worry: It really is not all that complicated to us users (The admin and moderators deal with the parts that are) , and once you get used to it, it becomes second nature.

Now, as you are looking for something in particular, there are several ways to find it:

You could browse through the Author List, perform a search or simply ask a question in one of the forums. The massed knowledge here is phenomenal, and it is very likely that some member will be able to help you find what you are looking for.

/Claes
    Last edited by ClaesGefvenberg; 07-29-2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: typo
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Sheffield, South Yorks, England. Tha knows.
    Blog Entries
    If you put your cursor on the word Search on the brown bar across the top of your screen, click once, type in Tutorial for newbies and click again. A whole list of different threads will appear, and all you have to do is look for the words you just typed in. Should be top of the list. Read through that, and it will help no end. And welcome to the Forum.
    Dafydd Manton, A Legend In His Own Lunchtime!! www.dafydd-manton.co.uk

My Work Has Been Spread Over Many Fields!

Welcome to the forum!

Each forum has guidelines that tell you the rules. I believe that in the forum that is about the website, there is a tutorial that tells you how to do certain things.
    I don't care if the glass is half full or half empty, I'm just glad to have a glass.