Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Freedom ?!!

Quote Originally Posted by blazeofglory View Post

You are slaves to the foods you eat and in the same way you are a slave to the compassion of your wife. The state gives you a certain amount of security and you have to follow its rules and if you breach any of them you will be subjected to the punishments pursuant to the laws legislated by the people you chose to represent you and your community. Man can never be free and freedom is drivel ideated by a few political pundits in point of fact

Sometimes we limit or sacrifice our freedom to get the love of our partners or keep them happy or keep them with us, but isn’t this a freedom?!

A freedom to give up our freedom with our own well in order to be happy.

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Persuasion View Post
    Sometimes we limit or sacrifice our freedom to get the love of our partners or keep them happy or keep them with us, but isn’t this a freedom?!

A freedom to give up our freedom with our own well in order to be happy.
    Are you saying that you need to sacrifice your freedom to be loved in return by the person you love?

If you don't mind me asking, Persuasion, are you a young female of Muslim (probably Arabic) origin? In your late teens/early 20s?
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Scheherazade View Post
    Are you saying that you need to sacrifice your freedom to be loved in return by the person you love?

If you don't mind me asking, Persuasion, are you a young female of Muslim (probably Arabic) origin? In your late teens/early 20s?

What made you think that I'm Muslim of Arabic origin in my 20s ?

Besides this happens everywhere in the world one way or another people give some of freedom to maintain a relationship.

What made you think that I'm Muslim of Arabic origin in my 20s ?
    Don't you think you should answer my question first before posing one of your own?
    Besides this happens everywhere in the world one way or another people give some of freedom to maintain a relationship.
    Of course, we all give up a little in a relationship; it is called "compromise".

However in your earlier post, you said "Sometimes we limit or sacrifice our freedom to get the love of our partners". Now, this is not compromise but bribing the person you set your heart on to love you in return.

What's more, if a person cares for you, they will not ask you "sacrifice" something as precious as your freedom.

Will you be expecting the other person "sacrifice" their freedom to get your love?
    ~
    ~

Don't you think you should answer my question first before posing one of your own?
    your love?
    Dear Scheherazade, I choose not to answer this question, because this Topic "Freedom" discusses freedom in it's meaning and types in our world irrelevant to our religions and origins.

Of course, we all give up a little in a relationship; it is called "compromise".

Compromise is another meaning of restricted freedom, you give up some of your freedom to keep the relationship going.

However in your earlier post, you said "Sometimes we limit or sacrifice our freedom to get the love of our partners". Now, this is not compromise but bribing the person you set your heart on to love you in return.

What's more, if a person cares for you, they will not ask you "sacrifice" something as precious as your freedom.

Will you be expecting the other person "sacrifice" their freedom to get?

My point from this comment "Sometimes we limit or sacrifice our freedom to get the love of our partners or keep them happy or keep them with us, but isn’t this a freedom?!
    A freedom to give up our freedom with our own well in order to be happy."

Is that when we make the choice of limiting or sacrificing our freedom to get
    the love of a partner (whether this right or wrong) with our own well, then this is one form of Freedom. A freedom of choice.
    ]
    Last edited by Persuasion; 07-27-2010 at 03:31 AM.

Dear Scheherazade, I choose not to answer this question, because this Topic "Freedom" discusses freedom in it's meaning and types in our world irrelevant to our religions and origins.
    No worries. Your reluctance to give a straight answer is an answer in itself.

And in this instance, I believe, our social and religious backgrounds are important because it is one of the misinterpreation of Islam that female members of the society should "sacrifice" their "freedom" to make their partners happy or to be accepted.

However, we are not going to discuss religion here and, since in your reply you simply repeat the same things again without offering further explanation, I don't think there is much else to be discussed either.
    ~
    ~

No worries. Your reluctance to give a straight answer is an answer in itself.

And in this instance, I believe, our social and religious backgrounds are important because it is one of the misinterpreation of Islam that female members of the society should "sacrifice" their "freedom" to make their partners happy or to be accepted.

However, we are not going to discuss religion here and, since in your reply you simply repeat the same things again without offering further explanation, I don't think there is much else to be discussed either.

Dear Scheherazade, why not tell us about your version of freedom and your thoughs about ?

Registered User ?NIETZSCHE'XIST's Avatar

Exclamation Such Freedom

FREEDOM is often misunderstood as Free Will where Anything is possible and where values are incosequential to Choice and Action.

Freedom is in fact something we seem to picture in life, but in the real sense I do not think there is any freedom in our real life. I do not think there is any freedom from fear, though we are protected by state police forces in point of fact. People accumulate wealth thinking that they may need it in future, but he is not sure that he can consume them, for there is a fear of death, of stealth and the like and therefore we may outwardly be intrepid but psychologically or inwardly it is all the time lurking

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

Sheffield, South Yorks, England. Tha knows.
    Blog Entries
    Might one form of Freedom be the right to put forward a point of view without anybody else being confrontational? Freedom of thought, in a sense? Freedom of expression, and most especially in a forum where all are equal until they prove themselves otherwise?
    Dafydd Manton, A Legend In His Own Lunchtime!! www.dafydd-manton.co.uk

My Work Has Been Spread Over Many Fields!

It feels good to have the freedom to share the idea of freedom with all of the members that gave some of their time to share it with me, thanks

I think in our world on earth there is no real unlimited freedom. There are rules of the universe made by God, and rules that we made, and still make, which limits our freedom whether for our own good or for the others own good.

To me freedom is being able to fly like birds with out engines, or artificial wings and feel the wind on my face. Just imagining that makes me happy.

Maybe freedom is in our mind, in our heart !

The notion of 'freedom' is one that is propagated unconsciously by the bourgeoisie to perpetuate class servility. To think in terms of 'freedom' and 'enslavement' is to be a slave; a slave to a language which for the last two-hundred or so years has lost any meaning.
    I have no blood in these veins
    but words that run as coarse
    and dark as when they first
    encounter arteries of secrets
    that burst onto this page.

Freedom is the condition of being able to exercise one's free will. I am free to chose all my behaviors except those that sustain my life (eating, breathing, drinking, sleeping). Those behaviors can be stopped via my free will choice, but only for so long. Pretty much everything else is a function of my choice.

However, unfettered freedom is not freedom at all: my freedom to swing my arm extends only as far as my neighbor's right to not have his nose broken extends. Once I swing my arm and break his nose, I've violated his freedom to not have his person violated. We must voluntarily limit our own freedoms to protect the freedoms of others, which in turn protects our own. Any good book on jurisprudence and/or natural law will make clear that embedded in the idea of freedom is a limitation of rights. With no limitation of rights, there can be no true freedom, because unrestricted freedom morphs into oppression of the worst kind.
    "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." - C.S. Lewis

Blog Entries
    Most of the replies have being on hardship of countries, religion or political in one shape or other.

Freedom is probably could all these things and more in that mindset but freedom to me is one being open honesty with everyone with my opinions maybe being not so blunt as I have been. Freedom to me is be able to on here, writing what whether to chose to writing about and be dictate to what allow to writing this forum obvious with reason. To going to college (hopeful passes exams in May). Still remaining having a great relationships with my partner and my kids.
    Last edited by zoolane; 12-12-2010 at 02:51 PM.
    English my native language and have characterizes of dyslexia.

Copyright (C) 2011, Zoolane

I have pass by English Exam.

the best one who can tell you the right meaning of freedom someone who requires it .
    freedom is not an ordinary word it's words and words carry a lot of meanings and philosopher experiences . if your parents insult you , if your brothers hate you , your friend is cunning as a fox and suddenly you find your self in a close room with mice , you'll know what do you want!!!
    freedom

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast