Heaven and hell

I knew the road to Heaven
    But faltered on my way
    Now I am in Hell
    I sulk the whole day
    Geetashree Chatterjee

Blog Entries
    Hi Geeta,

There is an old saying, "The road to Hell is paved with good intentions." It makes one wonder whether this saying advocates being deliberately rotten. Surely it is better to try to be nice One may only hope that your sojern in the depths will be temporary...

Live and be well, H

Blog Entries
    Hi Hawkman,

Hell and Heaven are in our heart only. We just have to seek what we want.
    Isn't it?
    Geetashree Chatterjee

Well, there ARE other people. We are major deciders in the extents of Hell and Heaven that we encounter, but I don't think it is ALL in our heads or hearts or our seekings. I don't think it is that simple.

Blog Entries
    Now where was I when the server hic-coughed ? (luckily I copied and pasted)

Ah, another poem of minimalist form to fan the flames of faith, or lack thereof.

From billl " I don't think it is that simple."

Borrowing from www.torah.org/learning/tehillim/ch46.html
    You see these words, and a thought enters your mind: “Sometimes the simplest concepts are the hardest to assimilate.”
    Dante's Inferno, a book that proved to be the last gift my baby sister ever gave me, provided more questions of hell than it answered.

I've found 'hell' simplified, to my satisfaction anyway, in a handbook for the 'newbies' of my faith titled "True to the Faith" which may be viewed here

Which allows me to echo Hawkman's sentiment: "One may only hope that your sojern (sic) in the depths will be temporary..."

Best wishes,
    tailor STATELY
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

In Paradise Lost by Milton Heaven and Hell are states of mind and we can make a hell out of heaven and a heaven out of hell. In the Mahabharata When Udhisthir made a visit to hell and once a sacred being like him treaded it that was no longer hell. Heaven is not a place as our mythologies portray. In Hindu scripts there are layers of heaven but this is a literal explanation of it but figuratively there are layers of a mind too.

Therefore the poet' claim that heaven or hell are in our heart only and the statement is close to the truth. The idea of layered haven and hell as illustrated by Biblical portrayals is bogus. No rationally thinking human can approve of this idea other than diehard religions driven fanatics only. We know, and I do not want to name any particular faith for fear of raising issues here on the topic, but this is true that in some religions people get cowed in the name of religions and they sold a passport to heaven. This is fraudulence; the believers who have no capacity to think were subdued to buy them. This was practiced for over centuries.

Even today science has shaken the root of FAITH and still some people are trying to instill in some highly gullible people with some drivels.

The poet's idea of heaven and hell is therefore very apposite and fitting in today's context.

“Those who seek to satisfy the mind of man by hampering it with ceremonies and music and affecting charity and devotion have lost their original nature””

“If water derives lucidity from stillness, how much more the faculties of the mind! The mind of the sage, being in repose, becomes the mirror of the universe, the speculum of all creation.

Blog Entries
    The idea of layered haven (sic) and hell as illustrated by Biblical portrayals is bogus. No rationally thinking human can approve of this idea other than diehard religions (sic) driven fanatics only.
    @ blazeofglory No offense taken. To each their own.

Even today science has shaken the root of FAITH and still some people are trying to instill in some highly gullible people with some drivels (sic).
    @ blazeofglory Sigh. Thank you for the respect I would normally expect of you.

God (or no one if you prefer) bless,
    :tailor STATELY
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    Minimalism always evokes plentitude of thoughts, debates, discussions and even controversy symbolizing a process of regurgitation. I am glad.
    Geetashree Chatterjee