Thread: Diamonds are forever.

Diamonds are forever.

Dear Friends of Trollope:

After two years of desire, I finally found a copy of The Eustace Diamonds at a used-books store in Seattle. I am two-thirds of the way through, and very intrigued about how this is going to end up. This book is very recommendable and I believe we should give more importance to Trollope for his insights into human nature. Some of the themes I found in Orley Farm and in the Barset Chronicles are reappearing in this novel. Later on, I'll return and give my overall opinion. Meanwhile, anyone else out there who would like to share their impressions, please do not hesitate.

Friends,

I did not fulfill my promise. I finished the book in due time. My final judgment is that Lizzie is too superficial a woman to deserve the amount of time dedicated to her by the reader. This was the worst of all the books I have read by Trollope. I have read all of the Barset series and three other books of Trollope. I am yearning to read any other of the Palliser series because of the good things I've heard about them. If anyone here has a suggestion, please point out which of the Palliser series are the best. Thanks.