Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures of pets

Pictures of pets

I love thread "Pictures taken by you" started by tenderness and inspired by it I decided to start a new topic and would like to invite everybody who likes animals and takes pictures of their own pets or of any kinds of animals they've met.
    Last edited by Olga4real; 07-04-2010 at 08:36 AM.
    "Where love is there God is also".
    Leo Tolstoy

Waiting for new posts I put a picture taken in January in an animal shelter.
    I have a good news each of this nice puppies has a new owner now. Although there are others waiting for the great change...

Attached Images Attached Images
    Leo Tolstoy

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm glad, because they are adorable!
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

Quote Originally Posted by qimissung View Post
    I'm glad, because they are adorable!
    We still have others waiting for new owners...

Leo Tolstoy

Still waiting for your pictures

Until then I post some pictures of a cat I met when I spent 3 days in Malta.

I arrived there on 13th Friday and found a black cat on the balcony.

Later we became friends and I let him into my room and he occupied my bed...

On the last day he came into my room and played with my bag

I will never forget the way he looked at me when I left...
    Last edited by Olga4real; 06-13-2010 at 06:08 AM.
    Leo Tolstoy

Olga,

I hope those dogs find a good home it is always a shame when they have to be kept in cages. The black cat is amazing, I don't think I have seen one so dark as that before, I think Sooty would be a good name for for him. I notice that you were there on Friday 13th which is supposed to be an unlucky day here in the UK. However, we also have a saying that a black cat is lucky. So I guess he was sent there to protect you from misfortune. They are very good photos, are you using a digital camera?

Brian,
    I believe that for those dogs it's better to be in cages than to be put to sleep. They have food, shelter and they are walked regularly. Eventually each of them will find a good owner. Most people want young dogs, but it's so touching when somebody adopt an old four-legged friend.

CATS! It's a different story, I love them!

I don't know what was the name of this black gentleman but he obviously was kept well, just look at his fur and shape! Actually when he showed up on Friday 13th I had butterflies in my stomach.
    The number 13 'devil's dozen' is believed to be unlucky in most Christian countries, maybe due to number of guest at Last Supper. (I made a real quick research on the net and found out that even ancient Greeks were familiar with the fear of this number and called it triskaidekaphobia).

What's for my camera it's a digital camera PENTAX. I wish I had a professional one but this will do too.
    Leo Tolstoy

Quote Originally Posted by Olga4real View Post
    Brian,
    I believe that for those dogs it's better to be in cages than to be put to sleep. They have food, shelter and they are walked regularly. Eventually each of them will find a good owner. Most people want young dogs, but it's so touching when somebody adopt an old four-legged friend.

CATS! It's a different story, I love them!

I don't know what was the name of this black gentleman but he obviously was kept well, just look at his fur and shape! Actually when he showed up on Friday 13th I had butterflies in my stomach.
    The number 13 'devil's dozen' is believed to be unlucky in most Christian countries, maybe due to number of guest at Last Supper. (I made a real quick research on the net and found out that even ancient Greeks were familiar with the fear of this number and called it triskaidekaphobia).

What's for my camera it's a digital camera PENTAX. I wish I had a professional one but this will do too.
    Olga,

I know that the dogs are well cared for but it is always nice to know that they have found a good home where they can roam free. Yes, I can see that Sooty was well cared for, it must have been difficult to say goodbye to him. Thanks for the information on the camera as I am thinking of buying one and photographic examples are a good indication of a camera's ability.
    Incidentally, your pictures of lake Balaton remind me of when I would often buy a wine from the region, some years ago, called Balatoni.

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The cat is adorable, an overused word in my lexicon, I know. He reminds me of my cat, puck, also black, although he's getting on a bit in years.
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Bean View Post
    Olga,

I know that the dogs are well cared for but it is always nice to know that they have found a good home where they can roam free. Yes, I can see that Sooty was well cared for, it must have been difficult to say goodbye to him. Thanks for the information on the camera as I am thinking of buying one and photographic examples are a good indication of a camera's ability.
    Incidentally, your pictures of lake Balaton remind me of when I would often buy a wine from the region, some years ago, called Balatoni.
    Brian,
    have you ever been to Hungary?
    Buying camera is a big deal because only using it you decide if it is what you really wanted. I had to replace a 1GB memory card in my camera for 2GB so now I don't have memory issues taking pictures.
    Leo Tolstoy

Cats of Malta

I spent only 3 days in Malta and took over 30 pictures of cats.
    Here are some of them:

She enticed people into the glass shop.

Then as soon as the shop keeper left the counter she took his place... on the top of the counter.
    Leo Tolstoy

Quote Originally Posted by qimissung View Post
    The cat is adorable, an overused word in my lexicon, I know. He reminds me of my cat, puck, also black, although he's getting on a bit in years.
    I have a black cat too, his name is Jacob and he is getting fat as well, later I will post some pictures of him as well. I would also like to see Puck pictures here.

Yes they are adorable it's true overused or not :-)
    Leo Tolstoy

I would like to introduce Boris, my cat.

Any pictures of your four-legged friends?
    Leo Tolstoy

Quote Originally Posted by Olga4real View Post
    I have a black cat too, his name is Jacob and he is getting fat as well, later I will post some pictures of him as well. I would also like to see Puck pictures here.

Yes they are adorable it's true overused or not :-)
    Is your cat getting fat because you overfeed him? I ask the question because I know how persausive they can be in begging for more food.
    I have a lot of trouble refusing those beseeching looks fom my cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Bean View Post
    Is your cat getting fat because you overfeed him? I ask the question because I know how persausive they can be in begging for more food.
    I have a lot of trouble refusing those beseeching looks fom my cat.
    Brian I have three cats of different ages (10, 6, and 1,6 y.o.) they all get the same quantity and quality of food.
    The youngest one eats the most, although he is not fat at all. The oldest one eats the least but he is the fattest one. It's all about his age.
    Leo Tolstoy

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast