Page 196 of 253 FirstFirst ... 96146186191192193194195196197198199200201206246 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3786

Thread: Litnet's version of Devil's dictionary

Human Tipping: What cows will do when they evolve and rule the world. This is likely if the cattle industry keeps feeding them cyber feed cooked up in a lab. Of course, if we keep eating said cow meat, we are likely to devolve into cows. Works out.

Planet of the Apes. Or cows, take your pick.
    Obsessed with facial symmetry.

Human Tipping: What cows will do when they evolve and rule the world. This is likely if the cattle industry keeps feeding them cyber feed cooked up in a lab. Of course, if we keep eating said cow meat, we are likely to devolve into cows. Works out.

Planet of the Apes. Or cows, take your pick.

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Planet of the Apes: Strictly speaking, Earth

Cows: Two lookers, two hookers, four stand uppers, four dangle-downers, and a swishy-wishy!

Horseradish:
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

Horseradish: What horses and radish will evolve into after years of transgenic experiments by geneticists trying to breed a super soldier. These fearsome half-horse, half-radish creatures will gallop across the plain, striking bad breath into the hearts, and noses, of the enemy. Also the kids can ride them at the petting zoo for four bucks and feed them...what do you feed a horse that's half vegetable?

Fearsome:

Blog Entries
    Fearsome: Like handsome except for the fear component.

Cyber:

Cyber: Like food, except made out of high-tech chemicals.

Organic:

Blog Entries
    Organic: Defined by having once been alive. Organic gardening involves feeding plants the remains of other plants and animal material. Might also be described as having the properties of a organ. Some loon on a fence howling like a Hammond at full volume springs to mind

Alive:
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie

Blog Entries
    Alive: The state of being no different from Frankenstein’s monster. For example, “It’s alive!”

Organic Gardening:

Organic Gardening: Something which in principle I agree with, but there are problems with it. <clears throat, prepares for dissertation> One, not all chemicals used to protect plants from bugs and parasites are necessarily bad; same with genetic modification. Each one has to be taken on a case by case basis, and examined objectively using credible science, free from political agendas. Second, the selection of organic veggies at my local supermarket is paltry, and the veggies often look like Steve Rogers before he was subjected to vita-radiation and got all buff and Captain America-like. Thirdly, hippies, hippies, HIPPIES! God, I hate hippies, and as soon as you whisper "Organic...", it's like a magic spell that draws hippies like flies. Which they have enough of hovering around them 'cause they object to bathing or washing their hemp clothing in detergent. Or at all.

Olive Garden:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Cheddar View Post
    Which they have enough of hovering around them 'cause they object to bathing or washing their hemp clothing in detergent. Or at all.
    I have a theory that something can only smell so bad. After a certain point the human brain shuts down the stimulus. The only time that theory has been challenged is when my dog insisted on chasing that skunk.

Olive Garden: Olive Oyl’s vegetable patch where Popeye’s favorite organic, gluten-free, non-GMO spinach was grown. She had a canning factory near by.

Hippie:

Hippie: A Bostonian delicacy, created by a surgeon thinking of creative ways to recycle medical waste.

Medical waste:

Medical waste: What's left over after a person receives nationalized health care.

May I also say that the previous two definitions, North Star and YesNo, were exceptional. I wiggle my toes at you in appreciation.

Galaxy S7, being the new premiere phone from Samsung to be announced in days, and which I can't wait to get my greedy little paws on--although, in fairness, my existing phone is dying. But I'm still greedy.

Blog Entries
    Galaxy S7: Home galaxy of the Technocrats, beings which exist only for technology. They are very human looking except they have as much new tech as they can carry and are often texting on a phone that could take the place of their computer, while listening to music via the most recent i-pod thingy (which they verbally command to play a preset playlist) and scrolling the internet on the latest mega-tri-gig tablet, which also responds to voice control. They worship at the altar of X-box and Wii.

Non-tech-savvy:
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie

Non-tech-savvy: The great gray army, that being the shuffling mass of old people who now cover America like a blanket. They shuffle towards you with their phones held out intoning "Help me..." in a rasping mummy-like voice. Don't help them, I say. Let them stagger about until the batteries in their pacemakers run out. Of course, I will soon be one of them, in the sense the VR technology and lots of other new gear is coming and I doubt the kids will be inclined to assist me with learning it.

Oculus:

Blog Entries
    Oculus: A symbol depicting an eye, such as the Egyptian Eye of Ra or The All Seeing Eye on the back of an American Dollar, said to be related to Freemasons, which is likely, since most of the founding fathers were Masons.

Oculus Malus:
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie