Thread: Love Isn't

Love Isn't

Okay I want to start by saying thanks for reading. Second, this is a mature story so you have been warned. This is all my idea so don't steal it. I would like to thank different brands for the use of their names in this story. Please do give me feedback and I will definatly take them into consideration as I continue to write. This story is already posted in General writting but Hillwalker thought it would fit better here so I am posting it here as well.I have more written and am typing it as your probably read this. I will post more of it within a few day so continue to check up if you like. I hope you enjoy and the best of luck to everyone in their own writting.

Could high school really get any worse? I pushed open the doors of the main corridor and walked out. The air was slightly misty and had a light chill to it. There were no other students out here but me, privilege of being a senior with an easy schedule. I looked back one last time and wiped away one tear as it was barely shedding. St. Marks was one of the few schools I couldn’t wait to leave. I finally made it all the way to my car. It just had to be parked in the space furthest from the whole school. I stood there and stared at my car, another proof of my parents high standards. The viper still smelled like new after three months. I could see stares out of the windows as I started the engine up. I couldn't believe I had picked out this car but then again I was a different person three months ago.
    "Aubree! Get up or you'll be late for your first day, again." My mother yelled from downstairs. Ugh, I thought. I hated school, especially prep schools, and even worse, my first days at a new prep school in the middle of their semester. St. Marks even sounded like the lamest school. I slowly scooted out of my bed and walked downstairs. On the table were chocolate pancakes and blueberry muffins. My favorite breakfast and my mom knew it. She was always trying to suck up to me when she made me do things she knew I didn't want to do. "Your father and I will take you to get your house warming gift when you get home from school. I'm absolutely positive that you'll just love it." My mother always thought I loved their gifts, which was almost true except for a few mishaps. One year she got me a cat, I was allergic. Another year she got me a water bed, I almost drowned when a parrot she had got me as another gift popped it in my sleep. "Oh here is your uniform. I almost forgot! Silly me!" Then she picked up a blue plaid skirt and white button up skirt. How original of them. Of course there were matching knee high socks. "You have to wear plain shoes with them so I bought some black Jimmy Choo's for you. They are already in your closet."
    "Thanks a lot, Mom. Now everyone will know I am a snobby ***** like them. It's a dream come true." I said while picking up my plate and dumping it into the sink. She started yelling something at me but I was already up the stairs with my clothes, slamming my bedroom door before she had a chance. Boy did I love to piss her off. She was bought the things that girls in my situation should love. I couldn’t help what I was born into though.
    I changed into another horrid uniform which was nearly identical to the other fifty I had. The joys of living with parents who moved so much. I had never met a set of parents who moved as much as mine. This uniform was different feeling though. It almost looked good on me. I checked the tag. I had gone up to a four. All my other uniforms had been a two. I didn’t mind being bigger than before, I wished to have more curves. My shirt was no longer a small though; it had to be a medium. My bra size went up to a C and there was no way of fitting into a small, even in a dream.
    I had always thought I was pretty compared to the slutty blondes that most guys liked. Now I had to say I was way better than any of them. I had the whole scene girl hairstyle going for me. My hair was naturally black as charcoal, I had put purple streaks in it throughout my middle layers. It was about to pass my shoulder blade but no quiet yet. I began to work on making my face with a smile. All this work with no one to impress, I thought as I finished my makeup.
    I finished getting ready then went down the stairs only to hear my mom sobbing on the phone to her shrink. I think she would have a much better life if she just stayed in a padded room. She called her every single time I did something that hurt her little feelings or I rebelled. Let's just say my mother has some serious issues. I think she would have a much better life if she just stayed in a padded room. According to her, I didn't love her which I did act like for fun. I picked up my designer bags; I don’t understand why I had so many of these when they were all ugly. All my new books were already in there. I could even hear my new phone vibrating. I picked it out of my purse and saw three text messages from my best friend in Arizona. I ignored them all and went outside. My Prius was waiting on me. I unlocked the doors and got in.
    The ride to school was smooth but so was any ride in that car. Finding a parking place close to the office was going to be a challenge. The parking lot was like a store’s parking lot on Black Friday. There had to be five or six thousand students at St. Marks, all of them with nice cars. My luck would be trying to park and hit one of them, being the bad parker that I am. I finally found one fairly close to the office and began walking to it. My heels hit the ground with clacks. I got a start from almost every guy I walked by. Pigs, I thought with a huge grin spread across my face. I glanced at most of them but not in the lustful way that they were. One guy though, caught my attention. He was sitting in the bed of his beat up pickup truck, a book open, and an AFI song playing out of his headphones. I stared at him for a few second not understand why he wasn’t like the other guys. Finally he looked up at me. His deep brown eyes said go away but his body, his well sculpted body said come closer. His dark brown perfectly shaped long hair blew in the wind. He looked like a mix of a Greek God and the emo loner kid. I walked up to him and asked, "Do you know where the office is? I left my map all the way back in my car."
    The boy pulled out his headphones and said, “I’m not going to sleep with you so go on. There are probably tons of guys willing.” His response left me standing there speechless. What was I suppose to say that. I couldn’t walk away either then or I would seem like a woss. I thought for two seconds at most.
    “Who said I wanted to sleep with you? I just want to get to the forking office but since you don’t want to help, I guess I’ll just get to my AP classes late. Can’t screw up or screw you for that matter.” I could feel my cheeks getting red as he smiled at me. His smile was just another shot of perfectness on top of all his non imperfections. How could someone have such a good body? Where were his imperfections?
    “Well since you aren’t a slut, I will take some time out of my oh so busy schedule and show you around.” He put his hand on my shoulder and we began walking forward. “I’m Caiden by the way.” Caiden, such a nice name, not seen a whole lot. He stopped then ran back for his book bag only to come back to me in a matter of seconds.
    “I’m Aubree. I just moved here last week from Arizona.” I said, stopping myself from babbling on about myself. I never had trouble controlling my mouth around guys but for some reason he didn’t feel like a normal guy.
    “I know who you are. Everyone knows who you are. There are no secrets here. We all know where you have lived in the past three years, what schools you’ve been to, what your grades were there, and any interesting gossip. Do you really have a tattoo on your thigh?” How could someone already know that? Only a few people knew about it at my old school. “Hey if you don’t want to answer you don’t have to?” Caiden chuckled through. What the heck, why not? I pulled up my skirt just a little to show the three smalls stars and a heart. “Wow, that’s a nice one. Got anymore?”
    “Stop acting like such a man whore and you might see ones that aren’t on my thigh.” I joked as we began to walk again. Caiden loosely put his hand back on my shoulder. I moved it this time, pushing it off of my shoulder. I didn’t want people getting the wrong idea about me on the first day but I think they already do.
    “So what are your AP classes?” He asked. His voice sounded disappointed and hung low on the air. I for a second felt bad for what I had done then remembered that I wasn’t a whore that let anyone and everyone touch her.
    “All of my classes are AP. I’m in trigonometry since I failed it last year. I don’t have science or history anymore.” I was proud of all my grades except math. I couldn’t ever make an A in any math class. It was a definite flaw in my school performance. “I can’t figure out where French 103 or World Culture II is.” Me finding any classroom in this whole damn school was as likely as finding a needle in a haystack.
    “This is going to be a crazy year. We have the exact same schedule so you won’t be getting lost. I know this school about as well as anyone.” Caiden assured me. I could tell that knowing he could help me brought him pleasure. I guess the guy didn’t have many friends. No one had come up to him or even looked his way. “Look I want to tell you some things before someone else does. The rumors you will probably hear are going to be really bad. First, I’m gay. Second, I’m a virgin. I’m not an alcoholic and I do smoke. I am on scholarship here and have early acceptance to Stanford. “
    My heart had sunk. That was what was different about him, he was gay. It was like getting all my presents taken away on my birthday or Christmas. “Well I’m glad we have got all that cleared up. Anymore weird rumors about me?”
    “Hmm. Not that I can think of. That one interested me because most of the girls here are too stuck up to even go into one of those shops. It’s not like most of them are roach or rat invested like this school. Less than half of them even know what Spencer’s is.”
    Oh god. What was Spencer’s? “Where is the closest one to here?” I hoped I looked like I halfway knew what I was talking about. I did not want to look like one of those bimbo blondes saying, what?
    “Yeah, there is one at the mall downtown. We can go after school. I wouldn’t worry too much about homework, I’ll help you. You can just follow me or one of us could leave our cars here and just take the other one.”
    “I’ll leave my car here.”
    “Okay then. Well here we are. English room 101, Ms.Brinkly. It’s her first year and she is really easy.”

I enjoyed reading this primarily because its a perspective of youth interaction by a honest to gosh youth. You.
    I don't know as I can form an opinion of subject matter because its way out of my era. Brazen behavior patterns of present day youngsters has always astounded me.
    I do think that your thought process in the sequence and perception of events is an honest one and probably well put.
    I assume that this is pure fiction, or is it representative of your own circumstances?

P

It is fiction but some of my experiences get put into the story so that it seems more realistic. The way Aubree talks is not an experience of mine, I tend to think of her as my outspoken, I don't care what you think of me, alter ego. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

In other words you don't have either of those cars or any of those clothes but would like to.

P

Actually no. I'm actually content with the life I have. I want a viper when I get older but for now as long as it runs, has a stereo, air conditioning, and heating, it would work for me. I'm not big on designer

Once this one is complete I'd like to see another one from a young lady who is as broke as it gets. The struggle of have-nots and haves both in the same school. Both perspectives and eventual interaction.
    So........... waddaya think, kiddo?
    P

One of the girls in this story actually is just like that. Most readers wont realize it until the middle or so. She is one of the girls who hides it all and only as the author do I know that.

Cool Beans. That's an OldGuy term

P

PART TWO OF CHAPTER ONE!

Caiden was right. English was going to be a breeze. Our book list was Shakespeare’s Hamlet, Pride And Prejudice, a few chapters of the Holocaust Chronicles, and the Twilight series. Of course the teacher was going to make us read the most popular and gayest books on the market. Who really gives a **** about a vampire? Not me. “Hey Caiden, who’s the fresh meat,” a guy from English named J.S., who looked really depressed, said. “This is Aubree. Have you heard about her? She is the tattoo girl!” Caiden answered with enthusiasm. I pulled up my skirt up for a few seconds to show him as we made our way down the hall.
    “Oh yeah, I remember you now.” His smile was sexy. He seemed to be too dangerous though like he had come from the deepest, darkest place in the woods, just to mess with our brains. J.S. was so hard to resist with him being so tall, with that jet black skater boy hair that always fell in the right place, snake bites, and his jeans tailored tight. He was defiantly what I thought of when I thought of a tall, dark, and handsome boy.
    “I don’t know if I like being known or not. It’s kind of weird that all the details of my life have been spread across the school. I mean only a few of my friends knew that I made any tattoos.”
    “You better get used to it babe. It’s what your life will be like as long as you are here. Our main goal here at St. Mark’s is to spread gossip and news about everyone before they even do it. Sorry.” J.S. stated in a way too flirty way.
    On our way to trig., I found out that J.S. and Caiden were best friends. J.S. didn’t care at all that Caiden was gay. They even spend the night together and sometimes sleep in the same bed. I think what truly surprised me that he wasn’t depressed but then again he didn’t express much emotion except that he was really into sex, like most teen guys.
    Math was harder than I had originally expected it to be. Lunch was next then I could finally have some fun. Caiden, J.S., and I sat together under a tree in the courtyard. J.S. ate quietly as Caiden and I watched him. “What do your initials stand for?” I asked.
    “Why does it matter? It’s just a name.” J.S. pouted. Jeez, why was he so defensive it is was ‘just a name’?
    “It stands for Jeffery Simon. Such a dorky name. J.S. couldn’t stand either of them by second grade so we all just began calling him J.S.” Caiden spoke loudly. All of a sudden J.S. dropped his lunch out of his lap and he was wrestling Caiden.
    “Guys! Stop! I won’t ever call you Jeffery or Simon. I won’t tell anyone either, not even my diary.” I screamed, trying to get through to them over the grunting.
    J.S. stopped and busted out laughing. “You have a diary still? My twelve year old sister doesn’t even have one anymore.” Caiden was even laughing now! I’ll have to remember to never let either of them in my house, especially my room.
    “Okay so you’ve had your laugh of that day at my expense. You both have grass stains all over your uniforms and look like a mess.” I chuckled and pulled out a piece of grass out of J.S.’ hair since he was closest to me.
    “Will you make sure I look hot before I return to class please, Aubree?” J.S. snickered. His smile was so alluring. I truly couldn’t help myself.
    “Yes.” I shyly muttered. Caiden’s face became hard as J.S. stood up and I began to pick grass particles off of him. “Sit.” I commanded with a smile and flustered cheeks. I ran my fingers through his hair as he came down to my level. I moved pieces around trying to make it look as good as it had before. I took a good look at him to see how I had done and Caiden coughed loudly, clearly on purpose. J.S. blushed as I pulled my fingers out of his luscious mane. Why was this guy so dang hot?
    “I think we need to be heading to French right about now.” Caiden stated. Oh my gosh did he look pissed. He had gotten all the grass off himself and fixed his hair. Caiden looked hot without any help.
    “You have magic hands. Thank you A-Babe.” J.S. whispered into my heard. Once we were all standing again, he grabbed my hand. “You really are amazing.” Out of nowhere, he kissed my hair. All of the danger about him disappeared and was replaced by a true gentleman. I shivered at the touch of his cold, metal rings but then his warm lips over came the chill. Then it was over.
    We all walked to class in silence. I heard a bunch of girls laughing behind me. I turned to see them. They were all bleach blondes, tall, rail thin, spray tanned, and they looked like *****es. “Ignore them,” Caiden hissed. “They are pure evil witches. Not literally witches but I think you know what I mean.” I turned back again only to see the middle one was smiling at me.
    “Sweetheart, I know that I’m prettier than you but I don’t swing that way. I’m sure your little gay boys can help you find some people who are though.” She said out of a smile that remand planted across her face. That girl needed to be taken down and I was sure as hell willing to do it.
    “I thought you learned Sierra that I wasn’t gay. I think you exact words were, J.S.! You are too pleasing at this to be gay.” J.S. said like a true smart ***. Eww! He had done that with her. Way to gross to even continue thinking about.
    “Then maybe you should return a call or text sometime. Or have your brother actually let me in your house!” Sierra complained.
    “Why would he want you in his house? He doesn’t want some incurable disease.” Caiden chimed in with his two cents.
    “If he hangs out with you long enough he will get a life ending disease called gay freak,” Sierra argued back. First day at school and life was already getting juicy. I was ready to jump in on the verbal abuse when the bell rang. Luckily, we were in front of the French room. We ran in and got in a seat as fast as humanly possible. I could hear the clacking of witches’ heels to there class.

The French class was supposed to be advanced but it was just like the one I had take at my last school. “I hate French! There is no way that I am going to pass.” J.S. shuttered.
    “Are you serious? This is going to be the most forking easiest class ever. I can help you if you like.” I assured him. He smiled and stunned me once again. Caiden stepped away from him and closer to me. The wind blew, sending his scent right to my nose. It enraptured me causing me to move closer to him. J.S. grabbed my arm and pulled me to him.
    “He isn’t going to like you. Girls have tried in the past and failed.” J.S. whispered harshly, sending back all the danger I had originally seen in him. He let go of me and walked into the classroom where Caiden was already seated.

This is appealing. It's like a noir look at youth. The gay card was a bit too easy, but I guess nothing else would have worked there that would have been believeable, a sort of catch 22. However this is an interesting teen classic for me.