Thread: Make a wish !

Make a wish !

As children…

I always liked to chase after milkweed seeds…

Those airborne puffs of soft white with a tiny dark brown seed attached….remember….???

I called them "wishes." There was a certain process to catch a wish if luckily found alone.

You have to make a cup by combining both your palms and to run after the (wish) in a way that your moving didn’t blow air around the wish as it is so gentle and thin that a slight moving of air in any direction could take the wish away from you….

If you were lucky enough to catch a "wish," in your hands….make a wish….and release it.

I've been seeing a lot of those lately and tried many times to catch one.

I know I know I know….I’m quite old to rely on these tiny weeds to fulfil my wishes…but still I don’t want to let go any of the slightest hope or anticipations I still have from my life….hmmm….remaining life….

I "semi-caught" one the other day after it was stuck in a spider web. I couldn't really cup it because I was watched by so many around me (my collegues) and also don’t want to catch the web with spider.

I held it by one of the white tendrils…made my wish….and released it….hmm….as soon as I released it and blow a little air from my mouth to give it air so that it can start flying again….

it fell to the ground….was it my wish which made it so heavy that it couldn’t take the load and fell down????

I asked myself….sometimes may be I asked too much….this time….

if I happen to find one I will make a wish more desirable or only the most needed one….

This evening….

I saw a wish within my reach….

I was stepping down from my apartment building stairs and the wish was flying aimlessly…by chance we both interact when no one else around and I caught it in my cup shaped palms.

I made my wish. …

To Dear Allah above….

YOU know everything in my heart…how I spent my life….YOU know me….there is only one thing now I want from YOU….before I die….Please FORGIVE me….hmmm…

And then I released it and watched it as it floated away in the air.

I do hope you get your wish.

This was a joy to read.

hmm...hillwaker...thanks...

I am happy to join this forum...though I am still forget my ways to my own posts...

Anyways....thank you so much for coming...I am honored.