Thread: The Short Short Story

The Short Short Story

In my writing class everyone had to write a short short story which the teacher defined as a story written in 50 words or less. I actually ended up coming up with a variety of them. Here are a few that I liked:

1. Star Walkers

The two of us lay on the hill behind your house, staring at the stars. Thinking - A silent conversation. We spoke of us - of life, of broken things, of running away and the things we'd do. We got up, looked towards the house and walked the other way.

2. Isla de Absurdo

He found it in the sand. A full head of hair. He hit it with his fist, against a rock, a tree - it was no use. Furious, he threw it on the ground and left. One day, he tripped and cracked his head on the forgotten object. Oh yum, coconuts!

3. Sleep

"I know about the affair."
    "Oh."
    "Oh? Is that it?"
    "Yeah."
    "I want it to be clear, I want you to be happy and if that's with this man, then so be it... I'm just really confused right now. I don't know what to do."
    "Sleep."
    And so we did.

How about you? Do you have any short short stories you'd like to share? In 50 words or less write a short story. Choose words carefully - make each one count.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yup all those are good. You have better chance of these been read if you add them to the Short Stories category. Here is a link for:

50 words or less

and

150 words or less

Its up to you.