Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: War of the Sexes :D

Blog Entries

War of the Sexes :D

Before I commence my discussion dear reader, I would like to notify you that I am not here to advocate a full scale war between males and females.

I simply wish to raise the question, what are the significant differences between men and women (except the obvious) that sometimes cause them to clash?

As an infant, I remember many arguments with male friends about which gender was the best. Naturally - I won... I kid
    Over the years, I have myself experienced rather major "run ins" with males. Tell me, is there certain undesirable traits belonging to each sex? Or is it a matter of the individual?
    "Then I feel, Harry, that I have given away my whole soul to someone who treats it as if it were a flower to put in his coat, a bit of decoration to charm his vanity, an ornament for a summer's day"
    Oscar Wilde [The Picture of Dorian Gray]

The Word is Serendipitous Lote-Tree's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyW View Post
    Before I commence my discussion dear reader, I would like to notify you that I am not here to advocate a full scale war between males and females.
    What a shame I was about to sharpen my stake

I simply wish to raise the question, what are the significant differences between men and women (except the obvious) that sometimes cause them to clash?
    Yes. As I said women are like Rubiks cube without a solution. Men are like a binary system. ON/OFF.

As an infant, I remember many arguments with male friends about which gender was the best. Naturally
    Blimey women! You were not normal were you? As an infant I guess I was sucking on a teat.

Over the years, I have myself experienced rather major "run ins" with males. Tell me, is there certain undesirable traits belonging to each sex? Or is it a matter of the individual?
    You are not a Bra and Knicker burning feminsits are you by any chance
    I sent my Soul through the Invisible,
    Some letter of that After-life to spell:
    And by and by my Soul return'd to me,
    And answer'd "I Myself am Heav'n and Hell :"

Blog: Rubaiyats of Lote-Tree and Poetry and Tales

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lote-Tree View Post
    What a shame I was about to sharpen my stake
    You and I are exempt from this of course Lote

Yes. As I said women are like Rubiks cube without a solution. Men are like a binary system. ON/OFF.
    Ha ha I donot think males deserve such censure; males can be very complex indeed, it is just sometimes hidden by their pride and ignorance. Women are very intricate also, but those who donot find the solution donot look hard enough

Blimey women! You were not normal were you? As an infant I guess I was sucking on a teat.
    No I donot ever recall being normal He he...
    Oh dear lord Lote... I didn't want that mental image thankyou haha.

You are not a Bra and Knicker burning feminsits are you by any chance
    He he perhaps... minus the burning of course
    "Then I feel, Harry, that I have given away my whole soul to someone who treats it as if it were a flower to put in his coat, a bit of decoration to charm his vanity, an ornament for a summer's day"

I think it's all a matter of individuals, I don't want to make generalizations. My ex boyfriend was a very complicated person, certainly not the ON/OFF type but that was what made him so wonderfully interesting and admirable.
    I have always wondered why there were some kinds of 'wars of sexes'. Men and women are different, complementary sometimes, and I have never felt the need to say that one of them is superior to the other.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweets America View Post
    I think it's all a matter of individuals, I don't want to make generalizations. My ex boyfriend was a very complicated person, certainly not the ON/OFF type but that was what made him so wonderfully interesting and admirable.
    I have always wondered why there were some kinds of 'wars of sexes'. Men and women are different, complementary sometimes, and I have never felt the need to say that one of them is superior to the other.
    I agree, I believe that each individual has their talents, good qualities and also flaws. But I cannot help wondering if there are identical/similar good or bad traits within both men and women.

I agree, I believe that each individual has their talents, good qualities and also flaws. But I cannot help wondering if there are identical/similar good or bad traits within both men and women.
    This is indeed a possibility. It is just that I prefer thinking in terms on individuals.

The main problem with men is that they don't recognise that we, women, know everything
    Through the darkness of future past
    the magician longs to see
    one chance out between two worlds
    'Fire walk with me.'

Twin Peaks

Quote Originally Posted by manolia View Post
    The main problem with men is that they don't recognise that we, women, know everything
    Exactly Manolia! T'is indeed very true

Well...I wouldn't say that men and women have undesirable traits per se, just by belonging to a specific gender. But there are differences (eitherwise, what would be the point of defining male and female?). I think the main reason the two still clash is more of a social issue, evolved from historical facts which have still not completely been dealt with.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ~ Mark Twain

I honestly think some of it has to do with their ma's. If they are taught to value the opposite sex, honoring the fact they too have feelings, intelligence, etc and should be treated with respect,their children often pick that up and do the same when they are older. If a woman doesn't mind her son running about getting into trouble, disregarding the harm he is doing to other human beings and using the opposite sex as long as he is not caught or careful, then since it is a woman feeding him that attitude, surely it must rub off. And if a mother is a grasping sort of person, with no respect for the thought of a man, thinks of h im say as only a meal ticket or a stepping ladder to where she wants to get, well then it stands to reason that her daughters just might not consider that anything the guy thinks or does is nearly as valuable or worth bothering about as her own feelings and thoughts.
    I don't say this lightly but I was in domestic service to several households, some fabulously rich, some middle class and a few compensated by government monies. I saw the things I mention and I saw the tremedous impact it had on the wee ones. Even tiny little boys were very condescending to their baby sisters because dad was to mom, or little girls were THE PRINCESS in the house because mom was and well, even though they grow up and learn to think for themselves, I wonder how much clings to them in life.
    I also saw a few households where the mother and father treated one another with love and respect and demanded the same of the children both to them as parents and to one another as siblings of different genders and also to the servants. It was like heaven on earth really and they had so much fun and learned so much from one another.
    Well, a lot of rambling, but just my thoughts.
    He said, 'she has a lovely face;
    God in his mercy lend her grace
    The Lady of Shalott.-Lancelot-Lady of Shallot

Blog Entries
    Say what you want, but we men have more letters of the alphabet in our chromosomes.
    There is no darkness, there is no light, there is only Lasagne!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AimusSage View Post
    Say what you want, but we men have more letters of the alphabet in our chromosomes.
    Strong argument there AimusSage...

Quote Originally Posted by AimusSage View Post
    But Aimus, there is evidence the Y chromosome is degenerating and slowly, little by little, disappearing....

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by vheissu View Post
    Exactly Manolia! T'is indeed very true
    I knew that there were other people here who shared my point of view

Quote Originally Posted by vheissu View Post
    But Aimus, there is evidence the Y chromosome is degenerating and slowly, little by little, disappearing....
    Through the darkness of future past
    the magician longs to see
    one chance out between two worlds
    'Fire walk with me.'

Twin Peaks

The Word is Serendipitous Lote-Tree's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manolia View Post
    Yes. And you can also contradict yourself - all in the same sentence without batting an eyelid
    I sent my Soul through the Invisible,
    Some letter of that After-life to spell:
    And by and by my Soul return'd to me,
    And answer'd "I Myself am Heav'n and Hell :"

Blog: Rubaiyats of Lote-Tree and Poetry and Tales

Somewhere following my genetic imperative playing Chutes and Ladders with Time.
    Blog Entries
    As an infant, I remember many arguments with male friends about which gender was the best.
    I remember those.

Honestly, I can't see how men and women don't "understand" each other. Maybe it's because I've never had that sort of a relationship.

Hm, wait, let me re-phrase that.

I don't understand why men and women can't both understand that they can't understand each other. There.

Personally I probably relate to men a bit more than the average female, I think. I just...like them. They are handsome and strong and can do lots of other things women can't do without getting weird looks...but I guess you could say that for women, too. I think my male-based mind probably came from my dad because I've just bonded with him more than my mother. I was exposed (and still am) to his way of thinking far more. Just when I look at who I am, it's like, "Well, most of the people you like are males. Okay." I find women boring, I guess...

Funny thing is, though, I don't think I'd like to be a man, if that makes any sense. I'm too much a straight female...

But I've already said this countless other times on this forum.

Tomorrow always holds the promise of something new and exciting. I am the Jetsons meet the Flintstones.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast