Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Climate Change' - Facts and Fictions

Banned

'Climate Change' - Facts and Fictions

'Global Climate Change'. Facts and Fictions. One of those issues where the truth tends to get lost. Here is a rare exception -

Christopher Monckton versus Norwegian Climate Change Activist -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB6Ts...eature=related

and, if you think it can't get any worse try this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJS2O...eature=related

Skol'er of Thinkery The Comedian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have lived in darkness unto now. . . . these youtube videos have lit for me the torch of wisdom so that the true workings of earth and humanity are revealed in full. I will now go spread the Word of this truth.
    “Oh crap”
    -- Hellboy

Banned
    LOL ! Yes, the idea of having a fact based discussion is radical, bold, and, frankly, heretical. So that living itself may be more and more a controversial thing.

Regards
    Last edited by Musicology; 05-12-2010 at 07:15 AM.

Wasn't Monckton one of Thatcher's minions? What the hell does he know about climate science?
    'Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.' - Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    Musicology, I totally agree with the information presented. It seems to me that Climate Change has been a total fabrication in the face of truth. Someone has something to gain from advocating a change in climate. Back in the eighties we heard so much about the hole in the ozone, but why don't we hear about it now? Ten years ago the new BUZZ word was Global Warming, but after recent scandals of tampering with data we now hear...not "global warming" but "Climate Change" (since the truth is that we are experiencing "cooling"). Just as the example of the lady being interviewed, people will blindly believe the media hype that we are "destroying the world", but they will be skeptical of real facts.

Thank you for posting these videos.
    Les Miserables,
    Volume 1, Fifth Book, Chapter 3
    Remember this, my friends: there are no such things as bad plants or bad men. There are only bad cultivators.

Quote Originally Posted by BienvenuJDC View Post
    Musicology, I totally agree with the information presented. It seems to me that Climate Change has been a total fabrication in the face of truth. Someone has something to gain from advocating a change in climate. Back in the eighties we heard so much about the hole in the ozone, but why don't we hear about it now? Ten years ago the new BUZZ word was Global Warming, but after recent scandals of tampering with data we now hear...not "global warming" but "Climate Change" (since the truth is that we are experiencing "cooling"). Just as the example of the lady being interviewed, people will blindly believe the media hype that we are "destroying the world", but they will be skeptical of real facts.

Thank you for posting these videos.
    I would sincerely encourage you to only get your information direct from scientist and researchers. There are climatologist who have dedicated 20 years, or more, or their whole lives to studying climate and weather. Don't get your info from politicians, or news anchors - get it straight from the source. (this is true of anything, not just climate change. If I want to know about the health care system, I would first be interested in hearing from nurses - not from TV pundits, or even self-appointed "experts")

Quote Originally Posted by The Comedian View Post
    I have lived in darkness unto now. . . . these youtube videos have lit for me the torch of wisdom so that the true workings of earth and humanity are revealed in full. I will now go spread the Word of this truth.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by keilj View Post
    I would sincerely encourage you to only get your information direct from scientist and researchers. There are climatologist who have dedicated 20 years, or more, or their whole lives to studying climate and weather. Don't get your info from politicians, or news anchors - get it straight from the source. (this is true of anything, not just climate change. If I want to know about the health care system, I would first be interested in hearing from nurses - not from TV pundits, or even self-appointed "experts")
    John Coleman is a scientist who has been studying the weather for decades. Shall we listen to these scientists? Shall we consider what the 30,000 scientists that are with John Coleman have to say about this scam?
    Les Miserables,
    Remember this, my friends: there are no such things as bad plants or bad men. There are only bad cultivators.

I think world environmental policy should be dictated by what someone says on youtube.

Regards,

Istvan
    "It is time we realized that to presume knowledge where one has only pious hope is a species of evil."
    — Sam Harris

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Babbalanja View Post
    I think world environmental policy should be dictated by what someone says on youtube.

Regards,

Istvan
    Youtube is merely a venue for that which has already been broadcast on many reputable sources. If one wants to question the content, then that would be more appropriate. If one has other quotes of reputable sources (no matter where they are broadcast), then please share.
    Les Miserables,

Youtube is merely a venue for that which has already been broadcast on many reputable sources. If one wants to question the content, then that would be more appropriate. If one has other quotes of reputable sources (no matter where they are broadcast), then please share.
    You found a youtube video of someone telling you what you want to hear. Therefore, regardless of how qualified you are to assess what he says, you accept what he says as fact.

Congratulations.

Regards,

Istvan
    "It is time we realized that to presume knowledge where one has only pious hope is a species of evil."
    — Sam Harris

John Coleman is a scientist who has been studying the weather for decades. Shall we listen to these scientists? Shall we consider what the 30,000 scientists that are with John Coleman have to say about this scam?
    John Coleman is a TV weatherman and a TV executive.

I was talking about guys who have lived in Antarctica for 20 years - research scientists who have had their feet on the ground for decades
    Last edited by keilj; 05-12-2010 at 09:40 AM. Reason: wrong word

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by keilj View Post
    John Coleman is a TV weatherman and a TV executive.

I was talking about guys who have lived in Antarctica for 20 years - research scientists who have had their feet on the ground for decades
    John Coleman is a meteorologist, along with the 30,000 other meteorologists that have signed in agreement. One may ask the question though concerning those collecting the data. Do these "scientists" have a vested interested in perpetuating a reason to continue studies of the polar ice and global temperatures? If they report that there are no issues at hand, that their findings show that the temperature fluctuations are due to natural climate cycles, then they lose their funding to continue. One may also ask, have any of these scientists been caught manipulating the data? The answer is an undeniable, Yes!

So where does that leave advocates of the current 'climate change' industry? Dumbfounded...
    Les Miserables,

Blog Entries
    I'm sick of hearing about the climategate thing from people who never bothered to look into it. Phil Jones has been cleared of any wrongdoing by two independent reviews, the Associated Press also conducted a review of the emails and document and concluded there was no wrongdoing.

In fact, Phil Jones didn't step down, as the youtube video suggests, but stepped aside temporarily so that the review could be conducted.

The criticism has been based entirely on quote mining from 4-5 emails out of 1000 emails and 2000 documents stolen from his computer. It's complete misrepresentation to manufacture controversy where there is none.

Edit: As to John Coleman, although he was a weatherman, all I can find of his credentials is a degree in journalism.
    Last edited by OrphanPip; 05-12-2010 at 09:57 AM.
    "If the national mental illness of the United States is megalomania, that of Canada is paranoid schizophrenia."
    - Margaret Atwood

Blog Entries
    There are other experts that are questioning the anthropogenic climate change. To dismiss these individuals is to be completely biased and blind.

D’Aleo’s organization, ICECAP, is one of 33 groups co-sponsoring The Heartland Institute's 2009 International Conference on Climate Change in New York City March 8-10. D’Aleo also appeared on Dobbs’ program on Jan. 5 and said that a lot of the research promoting the theory of anthropogenic or manmade climate change is too short-sighted.
    More from this article.
    Les Miserables,

There are other experts that are questioning the anthropogenic climate change. To dismiss these individuals is to be completely biased and blind.
    But it's okay to dismiss all the experts who affirm the validity of ACC? Your grasp of this issue is purely self-serving.

Regards,

Istvan
    — Sam Harris

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast